Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 10:42:41 PM EDT
Am I the only one bothered by all these allegations of rapes at the USAF Academy? These "men" are some of our best & brightest & they have to rape their fellow classmates?

What the hell is going on over there? We can't blame this shit on former Ritalin use, the military won't take those anymore.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it's all [BS].

Some liberals are just trying to castrate the military again.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
How is it? Because you are USAF you arent human. Your not a good person just by being in the air force.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I would hope it is [bs],
I have not seen this report. Do you have a link Bob? I have been putting in too many hours at the office lately and missing the News.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang......i too hope its [BS]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How is it? Because you are USAF you arent human. Your not a good person just by being in the air force.
View Quote

[>:/]
 Care to elaborate on your post????
How is rape being human??
How is being in the air force make you [red]not[/red] a good person???
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Being in the USAF dosent make you a good person. That is still up to you. And rape is human, or else people wouldnt do it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would hope it is [bs],
I have not seen this report. Do you have a link Bob? I have been putting in too many hours at the office lately and missing the News.
View Quote

The Academy has relieved its CO as well as other officers over this scandal. Something like 80% or higher of the female cadets have been quoted as saying they were sexually attacked (NOT harrassed). Several transferred to other schools.

IIRC, Drudge carried a couple of stories on this a few weeks ago, maybe a month ago.

Given the academic requirements to get into the Academy, I'm quite surprised at the scum who are doing this.

Again, this is NOT sexual harrassment but RAPE. Huge difference.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Rape is human???? [furious]

How in the world do you come to that conclusion??

I would kill somebody if I saw them trying to rape anyone if I had the means at my disposal, that is not human to rape anyone!!!

Why would you think it is human nature to force sex acts upon someone?

How would you react if a close family member was raped?

Would you just say oh well that is human nature?

[b]May God have mercy on someone's soul if any of my family members were raped. [/b]

[red]The rapist would meet God or the Devil himself if I knew who he was.[/red]

There have been a lot of good people come from the Air Force, so that is an under statement again.

So how does being in the Air Force make you a bad person??
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Being in the USAF dosent make you a good person. That is still up to you. And rape is human, or else people wouldnt do it.
View Quote

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I would say rape is subhuman.....perhaps something left over from our dark evolutionary past....but arguing about rape being human or not has nothiing to do with the fact that it is terrible thing.

The fact that this MAY be going on at a USAF acadamy makes me sick.  
I find it hard to believe that 8 out of 10 females have been raped...I think just 1 or 2  reported rapes would cause a terrific stirr...

Don't forget, just because you wake up sober next to someone you would NOT screw sober, doesn't mean your drunken ass didn't want to screw that person last night.  ....I speak from personal experience here....

-HS
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#12]
The last I had heard they were talking 50+ reported cases.  A few reports could be bogus but the number indicates a very serious problem. I hope not… but suspect the worst has happen.

Rape is an animal act and only an animal could consider it a normal human act.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So how does being in the Air Force make you a bad person??
View Quote
 He didn't say it makes you a bad person, he said it doesn't automatically make you a "great" person.  Big difference.  But my thoughts are, I'm sure there are a few cases that are genuine, and a lot of bogus ones.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rape is a uniquely human act. This is because it is an EVIL act (humans, being the only species that does not operate purely on instinct, are the only ones capable of EVIL), requiring a conscious choice to violate another human, just like murder, robbery, torture, etc...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Rape is not a purely human endeavor.  Unless you subscribe to the belief we all decended from apes.
[b]Between the ages of 10 and 15 the males resort to "forceful copulation" (rape).[/b]
[url]http://www.orangutan.org/facts/orangutanfacts.php[/url]

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Maybe those cadets just need to become technical virgins! [LOL]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Rape is a uniquely human act. This is because it is an EVIL act (humans, [red]being the only species that does not operate purely on instinct[/red], are the only ones capable of EVIL), requiring a conscious choice to violate another human, just like murder, robbery, torture, etc...
View Quote

[BS] Almost any animal with a brain operates on more than instinct. My stupid aqaurium fish even operate on learned behavior. The ideas of GOOD and EVIL come from our belief that we can judge the difference between right and wrong.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#20]
My girlfriend just joined the Air Force. How do you think I feel about it?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My girlfriend just joined the Air Force. How do you think I feel about it?
View Quote

Hellfire boy, if I could read minds I'd still be married.     [}:D]

Seriously, as long as she's not at the Academy I wouldn't worry.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#22]
I was there from 78-82 when they first started letting females attend. 80 was the first class. I never saw or heard of any behavior like this. As an upperclassman you wouldn't be caught in a female underclassman's room with the door closed. Nobody, even in the old days before politacal correctness and rampant sexual harrasment claims was too intimidated to report being attacked if they were in fact attacked. Those claims now are complete bullshit. The reports I get now of the primary incidents are from girls who were getting thrown out of the academy for other reasons, (honor code violations, grades etc.) and made the accusations afterward. One of them claimed she was assualted while playing stip poker and drinking with a group of male cadets. That doesn't mean anyone had a right to assault anyone, I'm just saying that she was not an innocent party and her side of the story may not be 100 truthful. She may have been consenting at the time and after she sobered up decided that she didn't like what had taken place. I don't know all of the facts but from what I do know and have heard there is more to this story than you read in the papers and a lot of what you do read is BS. 99.9% of the cadets are very honorable people and it is a shame they are being talked about this way. This reminds me very much of the tail hook incident of a few years ago. A lot of good officers lost their jobs due only to politcal correctness.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#23]
News coverage of this issue:

[url]http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E27375%257E,00.html[/url]

Those claims now are complete bullshit.
View Quote

Ummm, Senator Wayne Allard, Republican from Colorado, a staunch conservative, begs to differ.  He says that 42 women have contacted his office with credible claims of being sexually assaulted.  

[url]http://allard.senate.gov/issues/item.cfm?itemid=535&typeid=1&issueid=2[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Ok let me get this straight. 42 chicks are raped some 5 to 10 years ago and all of a sudden they all report them now. If you were raped what reason would you have for not reporting it when it happened? They don't report being sexually assaulted but they say they were in an anonymous survey. Spare me. I'm not saying there were no instances, I'm just saying this is being blown way out of preportion. Most of the reported cases are unsubstantiated accusations by individuals without credibility. The good Senator appears to be grandstanding a politally correct issue.That doesn't make it true.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Spare me. I'm not saying there were no instances, I'm just saying this is being blown way out of preportion.
View Quote

That was what was said before the Army's period of basic training rape cases. Turns out they were all true as well.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope it is all BS. But OTOH, I sure as hell hate a @!#$%^&* rapist.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Me too. I just know from what I read from sources there now (not in the press) and having been there myself, I cannot see how this could have happened. Not to the extent they are making it out to be. Noone there is intimidated enough by anyone to not report a serious crime like a rape. Even when I was there when it was a lot more strict than it is now, nobody would hesitate to report something like that. The atmosphere was a lot more adversarial against women back then since they had just recently been allowed to attend and nothing like this happened then. It just doesn't make any sense. I'd really like to know what their definition of sexual assualt was when they took the surveys mentioned. If it meant abusive language then fuckin A, we all were "sexually assaulted". Or if it meant a pat on the ass or something of that nature, while probably not appropriate, not something that should be labled sexual assualt especially in that sort of environment. There may also have been a few isolated instances of date rape type assaults in which two concenting adults have a dissagrement over when the fun should stop. It is a college remember. What college doesn't have a few of these problems. That type of thing is wrong, but very hard to prove one way or the other, let alone prosecute. So to say it was covered up because nobody went to jail for it is not right. I can't imagine a lot of this happening either. The place is very intense, physically and academically. It is not like most schools. You actually take classes in things like Honor and Professionalism and Morality. I will be the last one to say we were all angels but to make the place out to be a training camp for rapists is wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top