Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Used to have dinner with "Grandpa" from the Munsters all the time over on Roosevelt Island in NYC. My brother used to date the girl whose father owned the only restaurant on the island, and 'Grandpa' ate there all the time. And yes everyone called him 'Grandpa'

Also in 1989 I met all of the NY Knicks and spent a few weeks as an assistant to their trainer. Am not into Basketball so I have no clue who was who. [shock]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
phil anselmo from pantera.  he made fun of my shirt (said the band sucked).  he was cool though, reached out and shook my hand.  blink182, they were dicks. i met them when they were still selling their own t-shirts.  i've met a bunch of bands, mostly ones noone has heard of.  small hardcore and metal bands.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Joe Perry and another member of Aerosmith spent the week in Oklahoma City after a concert.  They worked out in the same gym as I did and we showed up the same time everyday.  we even worked on the same bench a couple of times soptting each other.  We hardly said 2 words but they were very friendly, waving as he saw me each day.. Cool Verrrry Cool.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Its late and my memory is a bit off but I'll try:

AJ Foyt - Pretty friendly.
Richard Petty - Very gracious.
Mark Martin - Same
Rusty Wallace - an ASSHOLE
Mario Andretti - See above
Paul Tracy - a Punk IMHO.
Johnny Rutherford - The height of friendly Texan!
AJ Watson - A forgotten legend
Grumpy Jenkins - He IS.
Roger Penske - Too busy to chat.
Mel Kennyon - Remember him? (Indy of long ago.  ONE hand.  Some others said he had unfair advantage with his hook.  He offered to pay for THEIR amputation,  They STFU! Spent several hours with him and really enjoyed OLD memories.
Scott Pruett - Good guy
Bobby Rahal - A businessman more than a fine racer but that too.
Richard Childress - Talkative and pleasant.
Derrick Cope - Good guy.

More racers but you get the picture!  Most are regular people who have excelled at their activity.  A few are pricks.  They put their pants on same way I do.

Jeff Shaw, now retired, eats same place I do rather often.  We speak although I hate the game.  He is a gentleman and very well liked here.  Used to chat often with his daddy and I can see why Jeff is a good guy.

Art Schliester - He isn't even worth looking up correct spelling of his name!!  Total JERK even when a teenager.  Where he belongs.

Various politicians.  They are such phonies and self centered, arrogant pricks I won't even name them.

No movie types I remember.

Randy Weaver - Several times.  VERY interesting to talk to.

Various engineers I highly respect & consider celebrities but the rest of the world probably wouldn't understand!  People who REALLY contributed something important and of substance.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I met Mercedes Lander from Kittie!
She is so freaking cool!!!![:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Drove Tom Arnold to a bar, Janet Jackson smiled at me in Daytons (clothing store), but best was Neil Young although brief and a nod was pretty cool. Oh ya and Kirby Puckett in a bagel shop behind me in line said "That stuff will kill you kid" refering to my order of some high fat sandwich. I almost showed him my chipped tooth that I recieved from a bottle of Budweiser alas his homerun during the 1991 World Series, jumping to the ceiling in a crowded apartment of friends...now thats going to kill you Kirby.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Heheheh, they crack me up.  The idea of a all-girl Canadian death-metal band.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Donny Osmond and David Carradine(That Kung Fu dude).
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay I have one. I was struck by the Dali Lama himself. I was doing a standby at one of his sermons. Richard Gere was there kissing His Holiness's butt as usual. Big show. Lot's of press. After it was over all of us in uniform were standing in a long line so the DL could walk past us and say thank you. When he came to me I thought what the hell and stuck my hand out. He shook it firmly and I said "Have a good day, Your Holiness". For reasons I'll never know Mr "7 years in Tibet" thought my wishing him a good day was quite a hoot so with his free hand he slapped me on my left sholder with a smile. The crowd nearby went silent. The Secret Service nearby went rigid. Even the DOE bomb dogs got quiet. The DL just kept on walking. I stood there like a cigar store indian. I don't know much about the Buddah but I do know I touched history.

And Gen. Yeager smiled at me across a hanger once. Seemed like a okay guy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh man. When you work on these expensive ass Sub Zero refrigerators you meet a shit load of people:

Dean Koontz (author)
Bette Midler
Lee Rocker (bass player for the stray cats)
Anthony Edwards (ER, Top gun)
Ernest Borgnine
Kenny Bernstein (Budweiser King) wasnt in a good mood the day I met him
Denver Pyle (Uncle Jessie from the Dukes of Hazzard)
Garrett Morris (Saturday Night Live)
Frankie Binalli (Quiet Riot drummer)
Lita Ford
Jay Jay French (Twisted Sister guitarist)
Bruce Kulick (KISS' guitarist)
James Coburn
Alan King (twice)
Tim Allen (GREAT guy)
Mark and Brian (KLOS Radio in LA)
Jose Feliciano
Chuck Jones (Bugs Bunny artist)
Rex Hudler (Played for the Anaheim Angels)
Rod Carew

thats all I can remember for now.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Heheheh, they crack me up.  The idea of a all-girl Canadian death-metal band.
View Quote

You ever seen them live?
They are awesome musicians!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Went to school with Brad Garret from "Everybody Loves Raymond"

Met the whole 1969 Champion L.A. Rams and chilled with them for a day since Frank Jones worked for my dad. He is Deacon Jones' brother...Merlin Olsen, Jack Snow, anyone remember Roman Gabriel?

Met Pam Tillis at a concert. Cute little thing.

Told dirty jokes to Yakov Smirnoff..

Met Kevin Johnson of the Phoenix Suns...

As a kid, there was a character actor named Ned Romero. He was/is a Navaho Indian and played an indian in Bonanza, F Troop, Gunsmoke, etc. and many other films in the 60's and 70's. He made a feature film called "I will fight no more forever" and he played Chief Joseph..He was a personal friend of the family.

My sister was Girl of the Year for a BIG name men's magazine in the early 90's..Does that count? And my brother is a mayor of a large California city...He's not a celebrity until there are riots or something.

My dad sold insurance in Beverly Hills when I was growing up so we had contact with several celebrities, I just can't remember which ones.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Edward Teller
Robert Oppenheimer
Lee Marvin
Dick Smothers
Oliver North
Dwayne Allman
Dickie Betts
Bob Dylan
George Steinbrenner
John Madden
Hulk Hogan
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:38:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I met:

Christi Lake
Tiffany Mynx
Mila
Marylin Chambers
Ed Powers
Max Steiner
Seymore Butts
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:20:33 AM EDT
[#17]
WAVE,

What no camera for a quick celeb shot?

Shame shame

Mike
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I've met few that would probably qualify.

I did a 500 mile day on my Harley once to a College reunion, and as I got off the bike at the hotel I was pretty beat.  As I started unloading, I heard this really deep, smooth voice saying "Man, Nice that's a nice lookin' bike" I turn around and started a conversation with the guy while I'm thinkin' where have I heard that voice?  After a few seconds I realize I was talking to Lou Rawls.  He was doing a show in town and was at the same hotel I was.

Others worth mentioning:

Ben "Nighthorse" Cambell (pretty cool for a politician)
Willy G. Davidson
I once partied with Danny Joe Brown of Molly Hatchet fame
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Ronald Reagan (shy, dignified)
Norman Schwartzkopf (engaging, real)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Its late and my memory is a bit off but I'll try:

AJ Foyt - Pretty friendly.
Richard Petty - Very gracious.
Mark Martin - Same
Rusty Wallace - an ASSHOLE
Mario Andretti - See above
Paul Tracy - a Punk IMHO.
Johnny Rutherford - The height of friendly Texan!
AJ Watson - A forgotten legend
Grumpy Jenkins - He IS.
Roger Penske - Too busy to chat.
Mel Kennyon - Remember him? (Indy of long ago.  ONE hand.  Some others said he had unfair advantage with his hook.  He offered to pay for THEIR amputation,  They STFU! Spent several hours with him and really enjoyed OLD memories.
Scott Pruett - Good guy
Bobby Rahal - A businessman more than a fine racer but that too.
Richard Childress - Talkative and pleasant.
Derrick Cope - Good guy.
View Quote

Most of the people I've met, I've met working at the Indy 500. LOTS of nice people, and true race fans. James Garner and I literally ran into one another. He was coming aroud a corner, I was coming around the same corner (in the opposite direction), and [b]BAM![/b] we collided. He's a big guy. A very big guy.

I suppose the most interesting person I've met though, would have to be Dan Quale. He's a nice guy, and is [b]MUCH[/b] smarter than the press made him out to be.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Met Dubya in 88 when he was campaigning for his old man. Nice fellow.

George Segal-
Dave Parker- (Reds)
Pete Rose- (Reds)

Dick Marcinko (book signing)

Geez, I need to get out more.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Tom Wopat (Luke Duke)

Ted Nugent before a Damn Yankees concert at the  Dodge County Fair.

Jim Belushi at a restaurant in Atlanta

Lots of current and past Packers.

Hoot Gibson
Chuck Yeager
Scott Crossfield
Michael Dorn (Worf on Star Trek Next Gen)
Pappy Boyington (Black Sheep Squadron)
GHW Bush in 1980 on the campaign trail

Wayne Newton

Wilford Brimley (sp) on a trout stream in SW Wisconsin. They were filming for TU TV.

Jason and Gary Borger (fly fishing greats)
Babe Winkleman
Bill Dance
Byron Ferguson

Damn....I guess I have met more celebrities than I thought.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I met Rollie Fingers at the height of his carrier in the middle '70s. Can' remember which team he played for though. [:I] Dad and I were out pheasant hunting in Nebr. and bumped into him and a couple of his buddies. Talked a bit about the hunting.

Anybody grow up in Kansas during the '60s? Remember Major Astro on channel 3 after school. The guy had an after school cartoon program and dressed up in an astronauts space suit. He visited my hometown in SW Nebr when I was 6 or 7. Went to see him at the airport along with most of the other kids in town. Several feet away my dad was talking to Alan Shepard [shock]. I was royally pissed at dad when he told me, AFTER we got home. [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Ronald Reagan

Bill Monroe
Terri Clark
Robert Earl Keen
Jack Ingram
Rodney Carrington

Steve Kinser
Kenny Wallace
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I met Debbie Harry of Blondie twice:

Once at their "Escape from New York" with Ramones and what was left of "Talking Heads".  Was sitting around waiting for the concert to start when a roadie came by and ask me to join their backstage party.  Got autographs from her and Chris Stein.  I think I met Joey Ramone, but can't remember.

Second time at a smaller venue when she was singing with Jazz Passenger.  Ran into her and got her autograph again.  She didn't remember her songs and had to sing from a book.

Both times I was surprised by how short she was and how badly she aged.

Met David Byrne of "Talking Heads" at his book signing.  Very skinny guy.  Wish I hang around to see if he play some music.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I was a contestant On "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" 2 years ago so I shook hands with Regis. This was back when 10 people had to compete for the Hot Seat..I didn't make it..Some nights I still wake up screaming.[shock]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Delivered pizza to the drummer from Pearl Jam when I was still living in Seattle, still have his address and phone number around here somewhere.  I think they were stoned, he didn't like one of his $20 bills so he tore it up, but he was carefull to toss the scraps inside his house.  He gave me a good tip though, $10 I think.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm tired of Juggy nagging me to do this, so this is for you Juggernaut.

Joe Perry
David Lee Roth
Jack Blades
Condrige Holloway
Peyton Manning
Heath Schuler
Dorsey Schrader
Hans Schtuk
Emmerson Fittipaldi
Lenny Kravitz
Ted Nugent
Eddie Vedder
Kurt Cobain
Gene Simmons
Paul Stanley
Eric Carr
Eric Singer
Bob Dotson
Keef
Mick
The boys
Lucious Jackson
S. Nut Zippers
Tanya Donnelly
Kim Deal
Spin Doctors
Poe
Stone Temple Pilots
Jacob Dylan
Sting
Keith Jackson
Rick Dees
Casey Kasem
Wink Martindale
Johnny Rutherford
Lil' Al
Carol Shelby
Debbie Gibson
Alta Dustin
Michael Bolton
Black Crowes
ZZ Top
Kenny Wayne Sheppard
Weezer
Phish
Billy Ray Cyrus
Radiohead
Lotion
Agnes Gooch
Better Than Ezra
Cracker
Soul Coughing
Live
Cheap Trick
Goo Goo Dolls
Shudder To Think
Skid Row
Michael W. Smith
Lee Roy Parnell
Garth Brooks
Bruce Springsteen
Tesla
Ozzy
Alice in Chains
Metallica
Melissa Ethridge
Bad Co.
Indigo Girls
Harry Connick Jr.
Toad the Wet Sprocket
U2
Paula Abdul
Eric Clapton (rare!)
Santana
Candlebox
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Bush
No Doubt
Ramones
RATM
Janes Addiction
and a few more I can't remember. Those are just the ones I have pictures on my wall with.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#30]
When I was a kid, I met Steve Forrest(S.W.A.T.-TV series) and William Shatner.
I met Michael Jordan at a car show quite awhile back when he was playing for the Bulls.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Edward Teller
Robert Oppenheimer
View Quote

Wow - Teller and Oppenheimer!  That's amazing.

Do royalty count?

I've been to dinner with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and her husband, Prince Henrik, and been out drinking with Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim.  I've also met the crown prince of the Netherlands, but that was when I was in high school and I don't remember his name.

As far as politicians go, I once waited at a bus stop with the prime minister of Denmark, but he was getting on a different bus and we didn't have time to talk.  (Note: Danish politicans don't make much money, and I don't think he owned a car)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Sara Lister while she was Asst Sec of the Army (she later was fired for calling my beloved Corps "Extremists") She gave me a coin for debating the stupidity of attempting to bring peace to the Eastern Roman Empire, and winning, in front of three units (I predicted we would be in Bosnia longer then we have been in the PR, as the only way to avoid the bloodshed which always happens when the iron fist stops ruling those peoples). She also gave a coin to the three cops who had my back, jumping in whenever her squad of toadies tried to drag me or her off or punk me out with rank.
In a total shock, she never passed orders down to screw us. Out 1st Sgt promissed right afterwards to lie about jacking us over and not do it, but a week later was told us he was shocked those orders never came down.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes. Ho-hum. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Didn't think there were many, until I read about someone running into Rollie Fingers. I met his teammate, the recently deceased Jim Catfish Hunter, when they were both playing for the 1974 Oakland A's... Got Jim's autograph on a baseball glove I still have, and now I'm wondering if it's worth anything...

Have also met Charlie Daniels, G. Gordon Liddy, David Lee Roth, James Doohan of Star Trek, Elvis Costello, Ken Hackathorn, (was shooting with him, and got a lesson on the technique and finer points of a full rip MP5), regularly run into JD Jones of American Handgunner at my club, and once met the then current mayor of Columbus, Ohio at a George Carlin concert, believe it or not. (That was surreal!) My personal favorite was when I almost ran over the guitarist of Hootie and the Blowfish in my service truck. Hootie was playing in Columbus, and a rough terrain forklift that was being used to assemble the stage and lighting had developed a leak that I was sent out to repair. Once done, I was pulling out on a one way street, and had to do a panic stop to avoid running into the guy while he was riding a mountain bike the wrong way back to the venue, after exploring, I suppose. That would have been a good one, meeting a celeb and felling a Blowfish in one fell swoop. Also met Minnesota Fats in a hotel once a very long time ago, the 1973 San Francisco Giants autographed an in flight magazine for me when I was flying to LA. Also met Ricky Medlock of Blackfoot, now of Lynyrd Skynyrd, and George Lynch, guitarist of Dokken. George was great and down to earth, Ricky was well into his beer having been the opening act by the time the headliner went on and he started mingling with the crowd.

G. Gordon was 100% real, and a pleasure to meet. Same with Charlie Daniels. DLR was distant and probably preoccupied with getting his career back on track and getting laid at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#35]
I met a celeb just recently. He's an Army Ranger that at the time was waiting for his orders to go to Iraq and the cousin of my hunting club's president. Found out yesterday he's home (Washington state). While deployed he took part in the Jessica Lynch rescue and recovery of remains of US service personnel . Now that's a true celeb in my book. No Hollywood leftest scum, an American hero. One of many.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Stream of conciousness not nesessarily in order:

Van Johnson
Gene Wilder
Gerald Ford
Maurice Dubois
Ray Floyd
Tom Watson
Randy Jackson
Clyde Drexlar
Dr. J
Michael Jordan
Ritchie Blackmore
Dee Snyder
Gerry Cooney
Thomas Hollywood Henderson
Jimmy Buffet
Mike Myers
Simon Kirk
Ellen Barkin
Allen Alda
Emerson Boozer
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Tom Clancy came to the AWACS radar simulator where I was running a class, very cool guy.  I showed him the basics of working the radar screen.  He even signed the first book of his I'd bought in college - "Hunt for Red October."

Trivia - He's a big fan of the Apple computer operating system.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I met the fella who played "Les Nessman" from WKRP show at a mall in Williamsvalle-NY. A morning radio show was betting nobody knew what a "buckeye" was, well I had 1 and stopped at the mall on my way to work, I worked acroos the street at the time.

Met Lorenzo Lamas at a motel in Mansfield-OH, and at the Mid-Ohio race track. Turns out he had rented the GTP-Light car earlier in the year that I was helping with, but a movie contract prohibited him from driving at the time.

Terry Bradshaw, as a speaker at some funtion my dad dragged me to, I have a 5x7 I took of Adam West (Batman) at a car show here in Dayton-OH back in the mid 70's.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Met several people listed above but most fun was going to a big party at the Playboy mansion and meeting Hugh Hefner and wife (think Christy was her name), many others at this party.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Rosie Greer
Pete Rose
Seeka
Marilyn Chambers (talkin with her about 10 minutes before I realized who she was ! DUHH)
O J Simpson ( always said if I ever saw him I would call him a killer,  but I was alone and he is a big guy and I was afraid to call him a killer on the tram in Las Vegas .. there was noone around to protect me!)
Mohammad Ali ( 4 times)@ Deer Lake Training Camp
Jay Leno
Suzzanne Sommers
Jane Fonda ( before Hanoi Jane days and again    when she was married to asshole Turner)
James Garner
A J Foyt
Henry Kissinger
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Went to school with Brad Garret from "Everybody Loves Raymond"

Met the whole 1969 Champion L.A. Rams and chilled with them for a day since Frank Jones worked for my dad. He is Deacon Jones' brother...Merlin Olsen, Jack Snow, anyone remember Roman Gabriel?

Met Pam Tillis at a concert. Cute little thing.

Told dirty jokes to Yakov Smirnoff..

Met Kevin Johnson of the Phoenix Suns...

As a kid, there was a character actor named Ned Romero. He was/is a Navaho Indian and played an indian in Bonanza, F Troop, Gunsmoke, etc. and many other films in the 60's and 70's. He made a feature film called "I will fight no more forever" and he played Chief Joseph..He was a personal friend of the family.

My sister was Girl of the Year for a BIG name men's magazine in the early 90's..Does that count? And my brother is a mayor of a large California city...He's not a celebrity until there are riots or something.

My dad sold insurance in Beverly Hills when I was growing up so we had contact with several celebrities, I just can't remember which ones.
View Quote

LET'S SEE SOME PICS OF YOUR SIS!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I saw the Pope on TV.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm tired of Juggy nagging me to do this, so this is for you Juggernaut.

Joe Perry
David Lee Roth
Jack Blades
Condrige Holloway
apton (rare!)
Santana
Bush
No Doubt
Ramones
RATM
Janes Addiction
and a few more I can't remember. Those are just the ones I have pictures on my wall with.
View Quote

I wanna party with you, cowboy.

I met Jimmy Buffet once at his restaurant in Key West, and I had a brief drunken conversation with Chris Chelios at Wrigley Field while he was with the Blackhawks.  Other encounters at airports include Don King, John(?) Krai (singer from Steppenwolf), and Mike Keenan (former Blackhawks coach).  And a series of local news-type celebrities when I was a prosecutor and they were covering stuff at the courthouse.

And, of course, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney at a campaign stop in Joliet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#45]
[LOLABOVE] I WIN!!! Finally someone who's met fewer celebs than me.[rofl2]

Thanks StormSurge!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Pernell Roberts (Adam on Bonanza, Trapper John MD)
Flip Wilson
Evel Kinevil
Willy G. Davidson
Richard Petty
Ted Nugent ( my ma cooked him some fried rabbit)

AB

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone remember Bob Lilly from the late '60's / early '70's Cowboys?  I was wandering around the Shot Show in Las Vegas, and he was "rep'ing" for a game feeder company.  Anyway, we shook hands, and I gushed how I admired him when I was a kid, how I had his picture on my school notebook, etc.  He seemed genuinely touched and asked if I wanted his autograph.  I said, "Why would I want your autograph?  I mean, what would I do with it?"

He probably thought I was a d_ck.  I wasn't trying to be.  Really - what do you do with an autograph?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Ladies first:
 Minnie Pearl
 Anna Maria Albergetti
 Dorothy Hamil
 Snow White
 Minnie Mouse

Three former Miss Americas:
      All were very charming and personable.

Susan Eiken--busted her butt with 1 hell of a cold and laryngitis for a Downs Syndrome fund raising weekend.
   Marilyn VanDerbur
   3rd lives in Bartelsville Okla. but can't remember name.

Roger Ward--500 winner of Offy days--got him to be Grand Marshal of Bike Race in School.  Was always a faculty member before--

Bart Starr
    Everett Dirksen
    Smiley Burnette
    Robert Schuler
    Michael Ansara--Cochise--great guy, spent afternoon taking pictures with him and a costar while at Ghost Ranch in NM where they were shooting a movie and I was there with a soc class.  Clu Gulager was also there but he was president of his own fan club.

George Hyatt--while on Nat'l Registry Board; Deke Farrington took phone call from George that he couldn't make meeting, couldn't say anything then but told Deke we'd read about it in the papers. George took off Kennedy boy's leg that was cancerous.

Slept in Barbara Mandrell's bed in her condo in Snowmass---but she wasn't there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Jack Kelley (Bart Maverick) running for mayor
James Arness (Gunsmoke) heading to Mexico to surf.
Wife went to school with OJ Simpson at USC
Billy Martin (Yankees) shopping
Cheech Marin (Cheech and Chong) signing a book
A bunch of the LA Rams and their wives
John Wayne's wife Pilar and his son (John was dead)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Ive met, Coldplay, Brad/Jen Pitt, Val Kilmer, Zach from Saved by the bell, Gweneth Paltrow, Gwen Stefani, Slayer, Sepultura, Rob Halford, Metallica, White Zombie, Korn, George Lynch (complete psycho), And got to ride from Phx to San Diego on Pantera's bus with them. I work for an airline, I see tons of people everyday.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top