BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3090
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
1....You have a way with words. Not all lawyers do. Some are quite horrible at words and speaking in general. I've seen it in court and it's awful and embarrassing for everyone in the court room. And as someone who describes themselves as the the worst lawyer I know, you're pretty articulate and adroit with your wit and words.
2...Bonus points for the High Fidelity John Cusack Gif
3...Cold Weather Grilling Tips
    More Grilling tips
    Yet more cold weather grill tips
    Still more grilling tips but from Weber this time.
D...You close this amazing soliloquy with a recap of how much a man you are in the cold, but then state you're too much of a daffodil to go get the grill because of snow.
#figgeritout
View Quote

I should have known you can't read. Let me repeat myself more slowly and louder:

I would suggest in the future however, before  you  open  that  butthole  the  good  lord  wasted  making  your  mouth,  that   you   think   twice   and   then   shut   up   regardless.

If you had just followed this simple straightforward advice, you wouldn't have put your foot in your mouth yet again.

Once again you show how little you know of snow.

It has nothing to do with being a "daffodil." Songs have been written about my manliness. I am the stuff of legends.

The grill is in the shed. The shed is across a field of snow. The grill does not have massive off road wheels, it has two tiny plastic wheels.

On a good day it would be difficult to roll it across a sheet of solid ice capped snow.

But that is rare too.  

Either the snow is too soft and the wheels sink in or it all froze unevenly so the ground is a jagged obstacle course that would just as soon stab you in the fucking eye if you slip as let you pass.

I could hoist the grill up on my manly shoulders and carry it to the house, but why bother for the reasons cited in my prior post.

Why are you trying to make grilling such a chore? It should be a joy you masochist.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By conndcj:

May I ask who the maker of the third knife is?  Thanks.
@JaredGrey
View Quote

Kizer
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Beans are gluten free
View Quote

You and MaxxII are made for each other.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Lost lost or lost interest?
View Quote

he ded
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WICOUNSEL:

You don't know.

Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin are consistently ranked as having the worst winters in the US. You don't know cold wind until you have been in those states and felt the harsh winds of the Canadian plains sweep over you. They dump everything on those states and are pretty tame by the time they get down to Illnoise, Iowa, Kansas etc.

Is Kansas  still a state? Or were we giving their star to Puerto Rico?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I spent way too many winters in northern NY and have lasting effects to prove it. And several years in KS, so I know the wind too.

You don't know.

Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin are consistently ranked as having the worst winters in the US. You don't know cold wind until you have been in those states and felt the harsh winds of the Canadian plains sweep over you. They dump everything on those states and are pretty tame by the time they get down to Illnoise, Iowa, Kansas etc.

Is Kansas  still a state? Or were we giving their star to Puerto Rico?

I've done winters in those states, WY was probably the next worse. Ever look at a map and see that upstate NY is farther north than you? Not to mention lake effect snow off of Lake Ontario. And Drum is less than 20 miles from Canada, you could smell the Tim Horton's from there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Nice. We had chard tonight too. What are the mushrooms? I made beef tips with beech mushroom gravy and egg noodles but didn't get a pic.
View Quote

Maitake.

Love them. I'd wager 85 percent of the mushrooms consumed in my house are maitake.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Maitake.

https://i.imgur.com/zbaKDHK.jpg

Love them. I'd wager 85 percent of the mushrooms consumed in my house are maitake.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:29:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:

The office just bought all of the remote employees Series 1 chairs. It’s light years more comfortable than my last, look impressive feel like dog shit, chair. I can sit all day and work without back pain now so I endorse them. If they hadn’t bought us those, I probably would have bought the Leap model, more adjustable.

..and you don’t know cold.
View Quote

That's good to hear. Thank you for your input.

Series 1 is at the top of my list right now. However, I would really prefer full leather, no mesh back.  Mesh backs always seem to untuck my shirts.

I don't need lots of adjustability, just comfort when seated. Otherwise I have a height adjustable desk so I am either sitting or standing, not seeking various seating positions.

I have been looking at Steel Case, Hon, Herman Miller, but there is a Clatina on Amazon for a very reasonable price that also looks promising. Not sure if I risk it for the savings, or just stick with tried and true, albeit more expensive, winners.

There are a number of used office furniture stores around here. One has a bunch of steelcase stuff, going to try to visit there tomorrow. With all the offices closing down physical locations, there must be a flood of this stuff coming in.

And don't talk shit about the cold. You aren't in the UP, you're the one that don't know cold. On top of being from central Wisconsin, I had a cheap old man growing up, so we had to walk on our tiptoes to keep from getting too cold in our chilly drafty old house. Thermostat never went above 63 during the day and 55 at night. I'm a little nicer to my kids and let it go up to 65 during the day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#9]

I've done winters in those states, WY was probably the next worse. Ever look at a map and see that upstate NY is farther north than you? Not to mention lake effect snow off of Lake Ontario. And Drum is less than 20 miles from Canada, you could smell the Tim Horton's from there.
View Quote

WY does get bad, I agree there. I have been in Wyoming with the wind howling and temps below zero. Drove my brother out to Seattle five years ago in a blizzard. Horrible snow all the way across, wind was worst in Minnesota, but in WY it was clear, -10 and super windy when we stopped for gas. Holy fuck it felt bad.

East of the lakes don't get that bad because they don't have the winds coming from the Canadian plains. Doesn't matter how far north they are. Buffalo gets some lake affect snow, but 1. it isn't consistent and horrible, 2. even if it was, fuck NY.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:36:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JaredGrey] [#10]

@JeredGrey
View All Quotes

@JeredGrey

Kizer Inversion. A folding clinch pick / the last P'kal still in production.

ooohhh, I haven't seen the hand selected single barrel bulleit before

Bulleit isn't my favorite bourbon of all time, far from it actually, but it was my former best friends favorite. He made some exceedingly poor life choices and now cannot drink Bulleit for the next 20-30 years. So any time I see new Bulleit product, I buy it and drink it because he cannot.

This bottle came from Meijer (sp?) after me and 3 of my brothers got paid for watching over some people who didn't deserve to receive death threats.

A Kizer Elvia?

Single barrel bulleit..... Damn dude.

Kizer Inversion. I'm learning some clinch pick / P'kal style fighting to compliment my beloved Karambit.

The Bulleit is aggressively OK, maybe even very good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:53:47 AM EDT
[#11]
An almost glowing review. Will have to watch for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:01:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JaredGrey] [#12]
An almost glowing review. Will have to watch for it.
View Quote

It is significantly better than the Jesse James Tennessee Whiskey.

That tastes like someone ate a peanut butter cup, and then told someone else about it and they then attempted to recreate it with inferior materials including various flavors of cardboard and lighter fluid.

If you see the Bulleit, get the Bulleit. But if you have a voice between that and Woodmans Bread Winner Makers Mark, get the Makers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:02:03 AM EDT
[#13]

I should have known you can't read. Let me repeat myself more slowly and louder:

I would suggest in the future however, before  you  open  that  butthole  the  good  lord  wasted  making  your  mouth,  that   you   think   twice   and   then   shut   up   regardless.

If you had just followed this simple straightforward advice, you wouldn't have put your foot in your mouth yet again.

It has nothing to do with being a "daffodil." Songs have been written about my manliness. I am the stuff of legends.

The grill is in the shed. The shed is across a field of snow. The grill does not have massive off road wheels, it has two tiny plastic wheels.

On a good day it would be difficult to roll it across a sheet of solid ice capped snow.

But that is rare too.  

Either the snow is too soft and the wheels sink in or it all froze unevenly so the ground is a jagged obstacle course that would just as soon stab you in the fucking eye if you slip as let you pass.

I could hoist the grill up on my manly shoulders and carry it to the house, but why bother for the reasons cited in my prior post.

Why are you trying to make grilling such a chore? It should be a joy you masochist.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
1....You have a way with words. Not all lawyers do. Some are quite horrible at words and speaking in general. I've seen it in court and it's awful and embarrassing for everyone in the court room. And as someone who describes themselves as the the worst lawyer I know, you're pretty articulate and adroit with your wit and words.
2...Bonus points for the High Fidelity John Cusack Gif
3...Cold Weather Grilling Tips
    More Grilling tips
    Yet more cold weather grill tips
    Still more grilling tips but from Weber this time.
D...You close this amazing soliloquy with a recap of how much a man you are in the cold, but then state you're too much of a daffodil to go get the grill because of snow.
#figgeritout

But that is rare too.  

That's alot of words to say "My little grill is too heavy for me to carry across the yard cause I'm a daffodil."

MTFU
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:16:01 AM EDT
[#14]
See, as I predicted, you can’t possibly understand as you have no frame of reference so it is pointless trying to explain it to you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:18:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#15]
Originally Posted By JaredGrey:

That tastes like someone ate a peanut butter cup, and then told someone else about it and they then attempted to recreate it with inferior materials including various flavors of cardboard and lighter fluid.

If you see the Bulleit, get the Bulleit. But if you have a voice between that and Woodmans Bread Winner Makers Mark, get the Makers.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip.

I could never buy makers Mark though. Jim beam family. Horrible nasty stuff. Don’t like anything they do.

Is the Jesse James supposed to taste like peanut butter?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:35:34 AM EDT
[#16]

bruh, why we talking like a dude lately?
View Quote
I just keep getting excited.  sorry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Chicken is cut in half and seared on all sides then moved to a new pan and finished in the oven.

Potatoes are Yukon golds boiled and then riced. Heavy cream, salt pepper and butter are added.

Pan gravy is the chicken's pan is used to brown maitake, shallot and garlic then deglazed with white wine. The collagen rich stock from previous posts is added with butter, Italian parsley and thyme.

Chard is stemmed then the stems are sauted for a bit with a little stock, salt and pepper and onion the leaves are added and cooked until tender.
View Quote
Thank you sir.  High five.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

I actually made some progress on these today.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#20]

See that's not keto
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
https://i.imgur.com/l9krv4Z.jpg

See that's not keto

Was not meant to be keto,
And Hot Dog was deep fried in oil in a cast iron pan,
Gives it a nice crispness, different then cooking any other way.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#21]

That's good to hear. Thank you for your input.

Series 1 is at the top of my list right now. However, I would really prefer full leather, no mesh back.  Mesh backs always seem to untuck my shirts.

I don't need lots of adjustability, just comfort when seated. Otherwise I have a height adjustable desk so I am either sitting or standing, not seeking various seating positions.

I have been looking at Steel Case, Hon, Herman Miller, but there is a Clatina on Amazon for a very reasonable price that also looks promising. Not sure if I risk it for the savings, or just stick with tried and true, albeit more expensive, winners.

There are a number of used office furniture stores around here. One has a bunch of steelcase stuff, going to try to visit there tomorrow. With all the offices closing down physical locations, there must be a flood of this stuff coming in.

And don't talk shit about the cold. You aren't in the UP, you're the one that don't know cold. On top of being from central Wisconsin, I had a cheap old man growing up, so we had to walk on our tiptoes to keep from getting too cold in our chilly drafty old house. Thermostat never went above 63 during the day and 55 at night. I'm a little nicer to my kids and let it go up to 65 during the day.
View Quote

Was it uphill to school both ways?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#22]
No, pretty flat. Lived very close to the schools.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I apologize for Donut. He’s getting to be worse than a vegetarian.

Speaking of which, received confirmation, malcontent is ded. Choked on a hotdog in the closet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#26]

shift_six had the best one.
View Quote

This is correct
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#27]

he ded
View Quote

Aww. I wonder what got him
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Bulleit isn't my favorite bourbon of all time, far from it actually, but it was my former best friends favorite. He made some exceedingly poor life choices and now cannot drink Bulleit for the next 20-30 years. So any time I see new Bulleit product, I buy it and drink it because he cannot.

This bottle came from Meijer (sp?) after me and 3 of my brothers got paid for watching over some people who didn't deserve to receive death threats.

Kizer Inversion. I'm learning some clinch pick / P'kal style fighting to compliment my beloved Karambit.

View Quote

I'd take aggressively OK/Very good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:37:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_Dad] [#29]

At this point you almost have to
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMC_Dad:

Yes sir.

Currently eyeballing a UTX 85 in the Jade to complete the collection.

At this point you almost have to

Thank you sir for that comment. I did indeed had to.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#30]

WY does get bad, I agree there. I have been in Wyoming with the wind howling and temps below zero. Drove my brother out to Seattle five years ago in a blizzard. Horrible snow all the way across, wind was worst in Minnesota, but in WY it was clear, -10 and super windy when we stopped for gas. Holy fuck it felt bad.

East of the lakes don't get that bad because they don't have the winds coming from the Canadian plains. Doesn't matter how far north they are. Buffalo gets some lake affect snow, but 1. it isn't consistent and horrible, 2. even if it was, fuck NY.
View All Quotes

SOME?

There were several times that we got so much overnight that it covered the doors to our barracks and essentially locked us inside. We'd have to work at the doors until we could get enough room to start digging out. And I don't mean we got a foot of snow.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

@JeredGrey

ooohhh, I haven't seen the hand selected single barrel bulleit before

A Kizer Elvia?

Single barrel bulleit..... Damn dude.

Thank you and WIC for the response.  It looked like the work of a maker that I and a few others are hunting down like an escaped prisoner for ripping people off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#32]

SOME?

There were several times that we got so much overnight that it covered the doors to our barracks and essentially locked us inside. We'd have to work at the doors until we could get enough room to start digging out. And I don't mean we got a foot of snow.
View All Quotes

SOME?

I go to Syracuse quite a bit and that is actually ground zero for lake effect snow, not Buffalo.  I was there for a quite memorable FORTY TWO inches in a day.  I -90 was wiped out.  

I love snow and cold as much as I hate heat and humidity but the snow and wind up there at times is End of Days-ish.  I know it's not Siberia or Antarctica but upstate NY is plenty cold for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#33]
42 inches would be wild. The most I recall around here is in the low 20-something range in one shot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Hadn't done biscuits for a while. Baked them in a cast iron skillet, just moved them to the sheet so fingers wouldn't get burnt. Turns out it was a good call LOL.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#36]
For a knife thread, you gents seem more interested in glamour food shots

Pic of my wife’s setup.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Savage review of the Jesse James.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By pagoda:
Thank you sir.  High five.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DFARM:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/IMG_20210115_220018_683_jpg-1781420.JPG

I actually made some progress on these today.
View Quote

That's a cool picture with the different patches of dykem
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I'm a big fan of pan frying after butterflying.

More crispy bits
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#41]
For a knife thread, you gents seem more interested in glamour food shots

Pic of my wife’s setup.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50175/6B13F2FB-E33F-4C8B-90CC-650CCB893825_jpe-1781902.JPG

View Quote

Gotta do something to add some variety to the photos.

Cool matching scales.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#42]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50175/37DE3A1E-35CF-44EF-830A-ABDB16EA9476_jpe-1781797.JPG
View Quote

Cool set! Really shows how small the 70 is. It definitely looks like a larger difference than the full size to the 85, even though they're both supposed to be a 15% change.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Food thread.

Are you prepared.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:12:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: conndcj] [#44]

More crispy bits
View All Quotes

More crispy bits

There is a very famous hot dog place in NJ called Rutt's Hutt.  They've been on TV a bunch of times.  They deep fry their dogs to various stages of doneness.  I get "rippers" which are cooked just until the casing pops open.  Crispy on the outside with juicy processed mystery meats on the inside as God intended.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: conndcj] [#45]

More crispy bits
View All Quotes

More crispy bits

Ooooops.  Doubletap
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#46]
https://i.imgur.com/fawhl6hl.jpg
View Quote

I like the patina tones on Gailer
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#47]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50175/37DE3A1E-35CF-44EF-830A-ABDB16EA9476_jpe-1781797.JPG
View Quote

Nice!

I like that they're different blade shapes
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#48]

That's a cool picture. I need an emergency stop button
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#49]

That's a cool picture with the different patches of dykem
View Quote

I guess it just didn't want to stick yesterday. It was flaking off once I started grinding on the bevels. I'm not sure what the deal was. I even wiped them with brake cleaner before I put the dykem on.  Maybe the 600 grit finish on the flats was too smooth?

View Quote

This is the way.

I just got home from grocery shopping and we tripled up on all of the shelf stable stuff.

The one shot kill of 25+ year shelf life stuff would be awesome though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
Hadn't done biscuits for a while. Baked them in a cast iron skillet, just moved them to the sheet so fingers wouldn't get burnt. Turns out it was a good call LOL.
https://i.imgur.com/zCF6vTn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q9IrQ01.jpg
View Quote

Damn dude. I know WIC uses a food stylist often but you must have brought in a pro.
Page / 3090
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top