Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 7:24:23 AM EDT
I just scored a 2x barell Baikal Coach gun for $150.00. The gun seems to be of decent quality. It is new and in perfect shape. Was this a good deal or did I get the shaft? Thanks, -HS
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:39:06 AM EDT
I have seen occasional postings about the action breaking. However, they are a good deal at that price. Suggest you pay $200 and turn it into a short barrel shotgun for home defense.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:45:06 AM EDT
Home defense was my intention. I'll probably put 20 rounds thru it, clean it and never shoot it again(hopefully). The barrel is a little longer than 18"....any shorter and I may get into trouble... thanks for the feed back, -HS
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:16:05 AM EDT
I've shot one for over 3 years in Cowboy Action Shooting. It has NEVER failed me. I did take it apart to de-burr parts and lighten the springs. It's been the "loaner" shotgun too after I moved to a Winchester 1897. My friends call it "The Russian Whore" because "everyone has had their time with her." Good shotguns........not a fine heirloom , just a solid serviceable shotgun. And the coachguns are very handy!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:19:45 AM EDT
Sold hundreds of them. They are great guns for the money.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:29:17 AM EDT
Not the greatest in the ways of fit and finish, but they work.
Top Top