Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any pics of Diania<---spelling, Carter? [:P]
View Quote

Here ya go. I don't think she looks as good as she did when she first got famous.
[img]http://www.sihope.com/~terryb/deana02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Independence Day is about a kid whose mother burns down the house with her husband in it (and perhaps herself) after finally getting fed up with years of abuse. It's about a woman who finally takes responsibility for what is happening to her and getting some payback from the monster who did it to her.

As for the line "Let the right be wrong".  My interpretation of that within the context, is that it was the time for the right thing to do, to be "wrong" from a legal perspective.  In terms of linguistic construction, it would have paralleled "let the weak be strong" better if it had been "Let the wrong be right" but poetically it wouldn't have worked, so you use a less apropo construction and allow the context of the song carry the meaning in the right direction.

McBride's latest song "Concrete Angel" is about a little girl who is eventually killed by her abusive parents.  Her neighbors and the system intervened too late to save her, but God did and she finally went "to a place where she's loved." So McBride also has Faith apparently.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Shania supports HCI (or whoever they are this week). Also, in a Newsweek article, she stated that she only wrties pop songs to sell records (make money).
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Stunning...

[img]http://martina.leanneland.com/photos/041lg.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#7]
She's a STICK. I like her singing, but she's too much of a STICK for me to get all lathered up.

Deana Carter has a GREAT bod, but if you guys think Shania's looking old, take a closer look at Deana's face.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top