Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 8:46:02 PM EDT
Are there any places on the net where I can get them relatively cheap? Did a search and there doesn't seem to be much variation in price out there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
OakleyHolic friends buy them from different sources.  peepers.com is one of their sources for shades.

I did buy a pair from a guy in Manhattan for $4.  He had a entire briefcase full of jOakleys.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy who invented Oakley's... I fixed his refrigerator... huge house....HUGE!!!

BTW.... Oakley was his dog's name.

someone told me...I dont know if it is true or not that Oakley's owner said he thought it would be a funny idea to see people walking around with his dog's name on their faces.

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL, reminds me of:
Dr Jones Sr: "Indiana was the dog's name."
Sallah: "Indy ... you are named after a DOG??"

from the Last Crusade.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The Market - Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

P.S. Just don't try to pay with a Peso.

The Dollar, everywhere you want to be.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, I'm not talking pennies on the dollar. [:-)]
Just don't want to find it for 10-20 bucks less AFTER I've bought a pair, which has been happening too often to me lately.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:15:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The last pair I bought I got at Employee Price. It helps to know people. . .
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Oakleys are completely price controlled and no authorized dealer is allowed to discount them.  You will find the prices the same no matter where you shop and even the same on the company website.  So much for free enterprise and the law of supply and demand.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oakleys are completely price controlled and no authorized dealer is allowed to discount them.  You will find the prices the same no matter where you shop and even the same on the company website.  So much for free enterprise and the law of supply and demand.
View Quote

Same thing happening in the appliance industry too. Soon it wont be who has the best price but who can give you the better customer service and kiss your ass better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Didnt Oakley make a request of its customers awhile back to not buy Oakleys from Sunglass Huts anymore because they were bought out and started carrying only a partial line of Oakleys?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I recommend just getting them off the site.  No difference in price and you can get exactly the ones you want.  I have a pair of titainium Julliets and a pair of half jackets.  I love Oakleys...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Lots of good deals on Oakleys on Ebay. One dealer I bought from was sunglassqueen80.

Oops, I think I just opened Pandora's box re: using PayPal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top