Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/12/2016 9:50:53 AM EDT

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/10/politics/ted-cruz-guns/index.html
Three days after a young man named Dylann Roof fatally shot nine people in a historic church in South Carolina—the latest in a string of gun massacres across the U.S.— Ted Cruz campaigned at a shooting range in Iowa.

Bold move for a politician? Perhaps.

But the decision reflects Cruz's deepening alliance with the powerful gun lobby and his effort to cast himself as an unapologetic warrior for the Second Amendment.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Voted twice to get him in the Senate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I`m good with that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#3]
His stance in he 2a is solid but I don't think he can make America great again.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Ooooh no not the "powerful gun lobby!" I get the heebee jeebies just thinking about them!
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#5]
It should be a given that someone running/being the leader of this country is going to be a second amendment supporter.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#6]
It's one of the big reasons I'm 100% happy to vote for Cruz.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It should be a given that someone running/being the leader of this country is going to be a second amendment supporter.
View Quote

And you know damn well that Donald Trump couldn't recite the Second Amendment correctly in 10 attempts. Doesn't matter though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably about as solid as Rafael's stance on the 1st amendment, where it goes out the window if he thinks he can make political gain from it.

Sort of like him marrying a woman who wants to do away with US sovereignty, borders and the Constitution via the North American Union...all while professing to "support" the Constitution.

Never trust a man who runs from his name.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Probably about as solid as Rafael's stance on the 1st amendment, where it goes out the window if he thinks he can make political gain from it.

Sort of like him marrying a woman who wants to do away with US sovereignty, borders and the Constitution via the North American Union...all while professing to "support" the Constitution.

Never trust a man who runs from their name.
View Quote

Do you have any new material or are you just going to post the same Alex Jones/Roger Stone conspiracy crap everyday?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Love an individual or hate him. I'd never "compromise" or vote for the "other" party out of spite, because the person you didn't like or the person you did, didn't get the nomination... I don't care who you are... you stand strong on the second and you'll get my vote.

It truly is issue number one at the top of my list.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

You guys are seriously insane if you are going to question Cruz's stance on 2A.

But again, lets not try to dispel the stereotype of a typical Trump supporter

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

To date, I have voted for him four times.  The first was in primary for the senate.  Second time was the primary runoff between him and Dewhurst.  Third time was the general election that year for his senate seat and the last time was this year.  I sure hope I get to vote for him in November.  Having said that, if Trump gets the nod then I will vote him.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a double standard here- GD will bitch all day long about foreigners who don't assimilate, but someone who Anglicizes his name is not to be trusted.  

In November you will have one choice that is better than Hillary.  One choice, and one choice only.  You guys waste an incredible amount of time on this bullshit, on top of sounding inconsistent about your beliefs.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Three days after a young man named Dylann Roof fatally shot nine people in a historic church in South Carolina—the latest in a string of gun massacres across the U.S.— Ted Cruz campaigned at a shooting range in Iowa.
But the decision reflects Cruz's deepening alliance with the powerful gun lobby American people and his effort to cast himself as an unapologetic warrior for the Second Amendment.

View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I used to support the AWB and reasonable gun control laws.

But now I don't.

That makes me a strong supporter of the Second Amendment.

Does it not?

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only real chance we have of making America great again is to get her back to the principles upon which she was founded.
Cruz has the best understanding and stance on the constitution and therefore, in my opinion, is the best equipped to do so.

I will vote for Trump if he gets the nomination, though.
I would just prefer Cruz.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

I do.

Cruz 2016
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I believe all politicians like I believe Hillary Clinton doesn't want our guns.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I voted for Cruz in the primary

some people would say I am a single issue voter

but the reality is that if we lose the freedom to be lawfully armed, we lose the Constitution in it's entirety and that will bring civil war to this country

and I do not want that

I want freedom and peace and that requires the freedom to be lawfully armed

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I think he is a great candidate, but at this point, lets Trump it up and put Cruz on the SC.  38 yo guy who will sit for 30+ yrs.  Can do a lot more to help this country
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
To date, I have voted for him four times.  The first was in primary for the senate.  Second time was the primary runoff between him and Dewhurst.  Third time was the general election that year for his senate seat and the last time was this year.  I sure hope I get to vote for him in November.  Having said that, if Trump gets the nod then I will vote him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never trust a man that wants a 35% tax on American companies if they make their goods in Mexico.

Especially when his American company is making shit in Mexico.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#24]
It took 3 fucking posts for some faggot to bring up another faggot.
Goddamn faggot trumpers. I can't wait for this election to end.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Did he make the announcement in English or was he speaking in tongues?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Cruz is a punk.

If a man won't stand up for right vs wrong and speak out against the mobs what is he ever likely to need the 2A for?

Cruz is a lay down.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Did he make the announcement in English or was he speaking in tongues?
View Quote

He was handling two snakes at the time.

Or maybe it was bottles of Labatt Blue?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cruz is a punk.

If a man won't stand up for right vs wrong and speak out against the mobs what is he ever likely to need the 2A for?

Cruz is a lay down.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cruz is a punk.

Cruz is a lay down.

Yeah, there's so much in those 2 sentences.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View Quote

Trump was a lobbyist who paid liberal Democrats for political favors. Trump has zero desire to make America great.

Trump was an insider when he donated money to anti-gun, sanctuary-cities Democrats in exchange for political favors.

Trump is not going to fix the system he helped to break.

Cruz is a once-in-a-lifetime purist.

Cruz 2016!
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cruz is a punk.

Cruz is a lay down.

I voted for Cruz in the MS primary, but after reading his reaction to the events in Chicago, fuck him.

I'll vote for Trump if he gets the nomination.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Cruz is a punk.

Cruz is a lay down.
View Quote

What have you done to protect the 2A?

What have you done to protect any right guaranteed under the Constitution...
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#33]
According to the gun grabbing trumpets. Cruz campaign is over, he does not deserve to be in the senate and needs to go back to Canada.

Edit
I voted in early voting for Cruz today and if I was a democrat I would do it again.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
According to the gun grabbing trumpets. Cruz campaign is over, he does not deserve to be in the senate and needs to go back to Canada.
View Quote

They get their playbook from the leftists they claim they hate.

Rules for Radicals is practiced by them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cruz is a punk.

Cruz is a lay down.

It's almost to the point where we are better off just watching cartoons or reruns of I Love Lucy than engaging in conversation about this.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#36]
And as good as this is....a metric ton of whiners got their feels hurt because Ted said Trump was using too much vitriol in his campaign.  This was after the riot at Trumps would be rally and while he also blamed the savages for what happened last night.

Timing might have been bad, but reasons like this I still support Ted. Too bad so many people whined and jumped ship last night.  Their feelz got in the way of substance.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I laugh out loud at all the IDIOTS who are incapable of more than one dimensional thinking.  Two separate issues took place, but some people can't see or hear that.  They only have their feelz.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. They've been desperately trying to paint Cruz's comments as supporting BLM and trying to say his supporters are also fine with BLM.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Trump was a lobbyist who paid liberal Democrats for political favors. Trump has zero desire to make America great.

Trump was an insider when he donated money to anti-gun, sanctuary-cities Democrats in exchange for political favors.

Cruz 2016!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cruz 2016!

"Once-in-a-lifetime purist ?  You have got to be kidding.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#40]
For being such a pro-gun guy, Ted Cruz has NOT helped with the illegal 30.06/30.07 signs being posted in at various government-owned properties in Texas, despite Texas having passed a law clarifying that over 6 months ago. I am not all that happy with him as my Senator
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cruz 2016!

Is Ted not the most pro-gun candidate ever to run for the office?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Edit
I voted in early voting for Cruz today and if I was a democrat I would do it again.
View Quote

It is over and it's his fault. He should've spent more time beating trump with facts presented at the same level that trump rolls out his ambiguous explanations. The fact of the matter is no matter how much I wanted Cruz to rise to the occasion he couldn't because it turns out that he is an uncarsimatic creeper.

Rationalize it all you want, Cruz is done. I regret voting for him in the MS primary.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

For being such a pro-gun guy, Ted Cruz has NOT helped with the illegal 30.06/30.07 signs being posted in at various government-owned properties in Texas, despite Texas having passed a law clarifying that over 6 months ago. I am not all that happy with him as my Senator
View Quote
How does Ted Cruz have anything to do with this.  Contact your state senator and learn how state and national government work???

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow. The mental gymnastics it takes to attack Cruz must be exhausting. We know you worship Trump. You can stop.

Cruz has been pro-2A for his entire life. He's done more for the 2nd Amendment than most in office. What about Mr. Flip Flop (Trump)? Nothing. Trump hasn't donated a dime to support the pro-2A movement. Is supporting the AWB and longer wait times pro-2A?

Cruz memorized the US Constitution at 13 and has been a champion of it since then. I doubt Trump could even list the Bill of Rights.

Attacking Cruz's wife for serving on a committee in 2004. That's all you have? Really really weak. Notice how we don't need to mention Trump's wives. Trump's statements and actions have shown him to be anything but a constitutionalist - he supports loosening libel laws to sue those that oppose him, eminent domain, banning those of certain religions, etc.

Drumpf 2016?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It is over and it's his fault. He should've spent more time beating trump with facts presented at the same level that trump rolls out his ambiguous explanations. The fact of the matter is no matter how much I wanted Cruz to rise to the occasion he couldn't because it turns out that he is an uncarsimatic creeper.

Rationalize it all you want, Cruz is done. I regret voting for him in the MS primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit

Oh so you don't vote on substance you vote on FEELZ?

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Wow. The mental gymnastics it takes to attack Cruz must be exhausting. We know you worship Trump. You can stop.

Cruz has been pro-2A for his entire life. He's done more for the 2nd Amendment than most in office. What about Mr. Flip Flop (Trump)? Nothing. Trump hasn't donated a dime to support the pro-2A movement. Is supporting the AWB and longer wait times pro-2A?

Cruz memorized the US Constitution at 13 and has been a champion of it since then. I doubt Trump could even list the Bill of Rights.

Attacking Cruz's wife for serving on a committee in 2004. That's all you have? Really really weak. Notice how we don't need to mention Trump's wives. Trump's statements and actions have shown him to be anything but a constitutionalist - he supports loosening libel laws to sue those that oppose him, eminent domain, banning those of certain religions, etc.

Drumpf 2016?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Drumpf 2016?
Because we live in BIZARRO WORLD average IQ 4!

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

But the decision reflects Cruz's deepening alliance with the powerful gun lobby and his effort to cast himself as an unapologetic warrior for the Second Amendment.

View Quote

He's not trying to "cast" jack squat.  He is.  The rest of the field are jokers for whom firearms are just photo ops.  Cruz gets the constitution.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Cruz 2016!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cruz 2016!

Serial killers make the best homicide detectives!
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Trump is a blowhard.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#50]
No idea why trump has more support than cruz...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top