Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
People say it, must be true.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
All those accusers seem legit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have yet to hear DT say something even remotely racist. I guess if you talk about nationalities today, like Mexicans, that makes you racist.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Go find the thread here from last night while we were waiting for his speech.  The coverage we were watching had music playing.  They played Wagner.  Ride of the Valkyries.  Someone thinks he is a Nazi.

And he does hove David Duke's endorsement  
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure that Trump could convince the populous of the Unites States to conquer an entire continent and commit genocide.

If one is not at that level, it's fucking ignorant to compare a man to the likes of Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, or Napoleon Bonaparte.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Hitler was a speed freak psychopath with all kinds of issues he decided to take out on a race of people.

Trump is a successful business man with a great family.

The only similarity is they are both nationalists.

Nationalism in itself is not a bad thing. We need to focus more on America and not on trying to make the world all equal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Most modern politicians are closer to Hitler than they are to Ben Franklin or Hamilton.

Obama uses propaganda to such an effect that Hitler would die in envy and has created an internal spying capacity that would make Stalin cream his jump suit

Romney instituted guns bans and state medicine

McCain was for a large standing army in peace time

Bush nationalized the banking system

Clinton Banned firearms

I could go  on, but you get the point
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the dumbocrats are attempting to energize their base to get off the couch and go vote for Hitlery. They can only stuff so many ballot boxes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope Trump Eats Meat

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Trump changes his mind like the wind. How much did Hitler do that?

He's a long way down on a long list of politicians in this country and we'll behind our current POTUS.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Not a Trump fan, on record for why -  short answer "No."

His "crime" of ginning up anger at "the other guy", and being a charismatic figure - to put him on the "hitler" spectrum, you have to drop the bar so that just about every politician gets on it.
The donald is a politician, just one without the benefits of experience and the negatives of a voting record.

But a 1930s german dictator? He is not.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Hitler was a big-talking strongman who came to power by telling everyone that only he offered the solutions to 'make Germany great again'.

Trump is a big-talking strongman who might come to power by telling everyone that only he offers the solutions to 'make America great again'.

They're not the same type of person.  I don't think that Trump is Hitler, but I do think that Trump is using Hitler-type tactics, which is scary enough as it is.  

There are two Hitlers -- pre 1937 Hitler and post 1937 Hitler.

Trump is pre-1937 Hitler.  Big talking rhetoric with few to no actual solutions who is capturing the imaginations of normal people who want a strongman to 'lead them to greatness'.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#14]
ANY populist is similar to Hitler.  Hell, any Politician is similar to Hitler.  

Hitler wasn't unique.  He happened to be in the right place at the right time with the right words to put him in absolute power.  That last bit is what let him take his racial hangups (again, not uncommon for the time) and turn them into mass murder.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#15]
The way he talks, he sure sounds like he believes he knows ALL the answers and everyone else are dumbasses. Just like Hitler thinking his Generals were morons and he was the real expert at war.....
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have yet to hear DT say something even remotely racist. I guess if you talk about nationalities today, like Mexicans, that makes you racist.
View Quote

"Laziness is a trait in blacks.” -- Donald Trump, 1991.

That's going to play really well in the general election, isn't it?  

All Hitlery would have to do is run a 30 second commercial using his own words against him and he loses.

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Perhaps so, but gym007 is a trump fan, Trump himself would want this thread open, believe me.
I've jousted with the guy many times, but Dupe Police, this trump thread didn't do nuffin wrong.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#18]
OP is similar to hammermill
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP is similar to hammermill
View Quote

OP takes part in his threads.

Hammermill hammermilled.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#20]
How many testicles does Trump have?
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Perhaps so, but gym007 is a trump fan, Trump himself would want this thread open, believe me.
I've jousted with the guy many times, but Dupe Police, this trump thread didn't do nuffin wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Gym007 might be Trump, or the single handed reason why we have an official Trump thread and all others are Dupes.

ETA: I stole OKSoda's picture for that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

All Hitlery would have to do is run a 30 second commercial using his own words against him and he loses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fusion-misattributes-racist-quote-to-donald-trump/article/2567872

Supposedly he never said that.

I'm a Marco voter, Cruz is a happy second choice - I think there's like 1,000 legitimate reasons to not vote Trump
I do agree, if it was in a former employee's book, which it apparently was, the press will be covering it as incontrovertible fact, you're damn right.

Trump has had like dozens of gaffes that they didn't cover at the time, but would in september, but it's not like he was caught on a hot mic saying that.
That part is apparently untrue.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes he is. He  has small deep fried children for breakfast.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes he is. He  has small deep fried children for breakfast.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Trump is pre-1937 Hitler.  Big talking rhetoric with few to no actual solutions who is capturing the imaginations of normal people who want a strongman to 'lead them to greatness'.  
View Quote
So not dissimilar to Sanders then.  

Sander has his boogeymen already, as well;   Wall Street, Corporations, and Rich People in general.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Trump=KKK is so pre Friday. On to Hitler.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sander has his boogeymen already, as well;   Wall Street, Corporations, and Rich People in general.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't get elected in the United States without drumming up fear and doom 'n gloom.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Actually, he really reminds me of Huey Long
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone that says so is an absolute Moron
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Did SNL take advantage of the Cruz booger incident last night?

That would have been comedy gold.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Gym007 might be Trump.

http://i63.tinypic.com/158464i.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gym007 might be Trump.

Nono.
He's more articulate, more studied on the issues, and better able to respond to a topic without personal attacks than the donald.
I'm not making fun of the guy, I'm saying in a head to head with the donald on those, he comes out on top.
Thusly he cant be donald.

Am I saying I'd rather write him in than vote for Trump?
Damn right I am

an Arf member in office? The ATF would be disbanded faster than I could say, "gym knows exactly what he's doing" five times fast.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Go away OP.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Godwin's law and all that.  Whoever first invokes Nazis or Hitler in an argument always is the loser.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#35]
"Trump has nothing to do with politics or ideology. He has to do with himself. And really I don’t mean to insult anyone. Except Trump. I mean to insult him very much. And really I’m not saying he’s evil or a monster. In fact I don’t think Hitler was. The problem with saying that guys like that are monsters is that we don’t see them coming when they turn out to be human, which they all are. Everyone is. Trump is a messed up guy with a hole in his heart that he tries to fill with money and attention. He can never ever have enough of either and he’ll never stop trying. He’s sick. Which makes him really really interesting. And he pulls you towards him which somehow feels good or fascinatingly bad. He’s not a monster. He’s a sad man."

Louis C.K dropping knowledge..
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#36]
In the way that he intentionally murdered and destroyed? No.

In the way that people will look back in 20 years and say "Why did we ever allow that to happen?"

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#37]
He reminds me most of Silvio Berlusconi or Jesse Ventura.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

SNL  IDIOTS

Glenn Beck IDIOT

Louis CK IDIOT

Bill Maher IDIOT

Former Mexican President IDIOT
View Quote

OP forgot Hanoi Jane, George Soros, Chris Mattews, Jon Stewart's opinion

Who fucking cares
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Only similar in his meteoric rise via being a populist, and blaming all our troubles on an ethnic population. I doubt he is interested in putting illegal aliens and Muslims in ovens. To him all this anger is just a means of getting elected, he will be very "flexible" after the election.

I remember Obama saying something very similar to Medvedev once
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Our entire media has turned into the fucking cartoon network.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#41]
It's not because he's a racist, it's because he's an authoritarian.

I also consider FBHO to be a little mini-Hitler.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm no Trump supporter at all.

But that's not a fair or accurate comparison IMO for many reasons.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#43]
38% trolling or ignorant, either way sad.

Sure, Trump will kill 26 million.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

racist, explain. When did he say anything that wasn't true?

by the way, go Cruz
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He reminds me most of Silvio Berlusconi or Jesse Ventura.
View Quote

there was a caller from Minny on the Medved show the other day talking about how they felt the same about their state(similar to the current American voter) around the time Ventura was voted in... for the same reasons, to say fuck it to the corrupt/incompetent political class... and he turned out to be a worthless douchebag in office they couldn't wait to get rid of(I personally know nothing of Minny politics or Venturas performance)

and apparently Jesse Ventura has endorsed Trump

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Nope.  For better or worse, Trump is most similar to Reagan.

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Is Trump the same as Hitler?  NO, not yet, probably won't be.

Is Trumps rhetoric Hitler-esque?  yea sure sounds like the early stuff.  Doesn't necessarily equate, but it does give me pause.

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Gym007 might be Trump, or the single handed reason why we have an official Trump thread and all others are Dupes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How soon before we have a Good Bye thread for gym007
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

by the way, go Cruz
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

by the way, go Cruz

Didn't I just say he wasn't a racist?

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not a Trump fan, on record for why -  short answer "No."

His "crime" of ginning up anger at "the other guy", and being a charismatic figure - to put him on the "hitler" spectrum, you have to drop the bar so that just about every politician gets on it.
The donald is a politician, just one without the benefits of experience and the negatives of a voting record.

But a 1930s german dictator? He is not.
View Quote

neither was hitler before the election
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top