User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Purgatory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

That's where I thought I was NOW!
View Quote

Me too Tom;

[b]The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to Purgatory!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
Level | Score
Purgatory | Very High
Level 1 - Limbo | Moderate
Level 2 | Very High
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Very Low
Level 5 | Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very Low
Level 7 | Low
Level 8- the Malebolge | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

[/b]

If only they'd have had a "Jesus" button, like we do................[:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet, I'm only bad enough to warrant a stay in Purgatory (although I'm only 23 and have lived a rather sheltered life [devil]).  

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Seventh Level of Hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Seventh Level of Hell!

Level Who are sent there? Score
Purgatory  Repenting Believers  Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo  Virtuous Non-Believers  Very Low
Level 2  Lustful  Very High
Level 3  Gluttonous  Moderate
Level 4  Prodigal and Avaricious  Very High
Level 5  Wrathful and Gloomy  Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis  Heretics  Moderate
Level 7  Violent  Very High
Level 8- the Malebolge  Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers  High
Level 9 - Cocytus  Treacherous  Low

Seventh level and I thought I had been good.

TS

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Purgatory

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Purgatory for me, you chumps! [:D]

See where lying will get you!

I mean, where it got me!

Eric The(MightNotWorkOnJudgmentDay)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

No way man... no lawyer that I know of is getting in any higher than the sixth. [;)]
View Quote

That's right!

Second here. Helen of Troy? [;)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The Dante's Inferno Test has banished (me) to the Second Level of Hell!

WooHoo! [banana]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Yay!! 2nd Level of Hell here too.  See you guys there -  MournSword
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
See you in hell! (I'll get out for good behavior)

Purgatory

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
See you in hell! (I'll get out for good behavior)

Purgatory

View Quote

Can you go up from levels of Hell in Dante's inferno, or just Purgatory?

Edit: Nice sig line.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Level 5 for me......guess I do not need  a sweater!!

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Fifth Level of Hell!

Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Very Low
Level 2 | Very High
Level 3 | Moderate
Level 4 | Very High
Level 5 | Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High
Level 7 | Very High
Level 8- the Malebolge | Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus | Very High

Level descriptions: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html
Take the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.html
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Purgatory

---

Funny, a place I don't even believe exists (Heaven yes, Hell yes, but Purgatory is (To my knowledge) never mentioned in the Bible) [;)]...

(And yes, I know that the [u]Inferno[/u] is not literal... See the smilie...)...

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
5th level. I wish i could chill a few floors up with all the babes, but i would probably just start a fight and get kicked back down to five. oh well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Level 9 - Cocytus

This is the deepest level of hell, where the fallen angel Satan himself resides. His wings flap eternally, producing chilling cold winds that freeze the thick ice found in Cocytus. The three faces of Satan, black, red, and yellow, can be seen with mouths gushing bloody foam and eyes forever weeping, as they chew on the three traitors, Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. This place is furthest removed from the source of all light and warmth. Sinners here are frozen deep in the ice, faces out, eyes and mouths frozen shut. Traitors against God, country, family, and benefactors lament their sins in this frigid pit of despair.
View Quote

[devil][devil][red][b]MUHAHAHAH All you soul-less bastages belong to me and the DEVIL forever!!![/b][/red][devil][devil]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Purgatory

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm takin over...

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Low
Level 2 | Low
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Low
Level 5 | High
Level 7 | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Moderate

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm takin over...

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Low
Level 2 | Low
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Low
Level 5 | High
Level 7 | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Moderate

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#18]
RTS

BTT

TS
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#19]
ANY place where I don't encounter Ted Kennedy, Chuckie Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Andrew McKelvey, Michael Moore, Michael Bellesiles, Rosie O'Donnell, ANYONE with the last name of Clinton, Janet Reno, or Sarah Brady,   is HEAVEN. I don't care how high the flames are, it's heaven if they're not there!

Hell would be wherever they are, even if it would otherwise be the nicest place you could ever imagine.

Dante's 10th level of hell never was published in the book, but it consisted of those people all together in the same locked room with you, and you have your weapon of choice and an unending supply of ammo in your magazine (or an endless belt in your belt fed weapon) but those idiots won't stay down no matter how many times you perforate them.   It'd only be fun for a few minutes and then it's an eternity of frustration.

Dante didn't publish that part because it's just TOO horrible for a book.

CJ
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top