Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Posted: 2/20/2016 8:35:41 PM EDT

Thread title change.  It's now been two weeks since Mako has told numerous members here to get bent(after 3 years of jerking them around).  Staff/Admin, can we get some kind of response here?  A "we're working on it" or a "Mako is staying despite their abhorrent business practices", or "we didn't realize Mako was this bad, but now we do, so they are banned". Some kind of response, or even acknowledgment that you are aware of the issue that a number of your long time, paying site members are having with an ar15.com industry partner seems warranted at this point.  Two weeks is long enough to get a ball rolling.
I like to give arfcom the benefit of the doubt, as the owners have a long, consistent track record of doing the right thing, and supporting those that support them, but the continued silence doesn't reflect well.
Update 3/14 on page 9.  Staff working on a resolution.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1840634_MAKO_SCREWS_OVER_ARFCOMMERS__BAN_MAKO__Admins_staff_the_ball_is_in_your_court___2_weeks_now_.html&page=9#i58795811
Update on page 10.  Fuck mako.  Fuck them hard.  More of the same bullshit runaround, and MAYBE they'll replace some mags.  Everyone's rifle is out of spec.  Oh and by the way, management "just" found out about this:  fucking really.  They have the balls to make a bullshit claim like this.

update page 13.  JLA laying down some law.  Thank you to JLA for supporting arf membership, and not accepting Mako's BS.

---------------------------------------------------------

"We're working on it
And
"Soon."
A public service anouncement brought to you by this thread
TL;DR:  mako has been stringing members along about defective mags for years.  Literally years.  New guy starts working for Mako, promises that he will fix what the previous guy didn't, and it's been 13 months since that promise with monthly promises of "working on it, will have an answer next week" and "soon".
UPDATE FROM LINKED THREAD:
As you are well aware, there was an issue with early production of E-Lander magazines (distributed by The Mako Group). They didn’t fit all AR15s; this issue dates back to 2012. The mag problem was resolved and mags manufactured post-2012, operate efficiently. Many of those on this thread purchased the mags manufactured during this time.
The Mako Group is not going to replace mags.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
"We're working on it

And

"Soon."

TL;DR:  mako has been stringing members along about defective mags for years.  Literally years.  New guy starts working for Mako, promises that he will fix what the previous guy didn't, and it's been 13 months since that promise with monthly promises of "working on it, will have an answer next week" and "soon".

View Quote

Read the thread.  Wow.

How are these people still in business?

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the defective mags the E-lander steel mags? I've got 10, only opened one but it's had no issues.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn......

Good Morning Big Papa,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You are in our prayers. As for the mags, gettin closer.

Hang in there,
Mark S.
LoBo & Petrocine / The Mako Group

[Jump To Reply]Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. I am currently in treatment. My type of cancer does not have very good chances of survival. As such I am currently updating my will. I wonder if I should include provisions in my will for my next of kin to be able to swap out these piece of shit defective mags I bought years ago?

I wonder who will survive longer, me or the ongoing bullshit from Mako?

And yes, I am serious, the above is 100% true and I am FUCKING FED UP. Get off your fucking asses, stand behind your fucking product you assholes.

Prayers for you and Maco is worthless. I bought a string of the crap mags and they wouldn't return them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit. That's pretty brutal.

I do have 10 of those mags buried in a closet somewhere.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Read the thread.  Wow.

View Quote

How are they still around here? Oh wait, money, money, money!!!!! Money!!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Why would you buy anything Mako?

They are like a bastard love child of tapco and promag, it it was aborted in a toilet at junior prom
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]
honestly, there was a thread while back from uafgrad, if mako sells it, I just don't buy it. I bought some meprolight sights for a Sig and Ruger, but any of those red dot things, no way, Mako champions them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I got one of their mags as the owner was frustrated with it not seating. I opened the mag catch area up about .015-.020" on the top edge. Seats now fully loaded in all 4 of my rifles. Functions, but I fire it every now and again just to see if it works.
I painted a yellow stripe around the bottom 1" or so to differentiate it from any others at a glance.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
honestly, there was a thread while back from uafgrad, if mako sells it, I just don't buy it.
View Quote

I'll openly admit I was a staunch Mako defender for a long while, but they've really screwed up and burnt their bridges hardcore.  I had a bunch of their mags that ran perfect, but I sold them.  The only "Mako" product I own is a Meprolight M21 and that was purchased from Amazon with Mako as the importer.

Doubt I'll buy anything from them anymore.  But Meprolight makes a solid product.  Just don't get it from Mako
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Read the thread.  Wow.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"We're working on it

And

"Soon."

Read the thread.  Wow.

Thier business model is based on Botach's!
Luckily for me, Mako group doesn't make or sell anything that I want or need. Buy once / cry once and etc.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn......

Good Morning Big Papa,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You are in our prayers. As for the mags, gettin closer.

Hang in there,
Mark S.
LoBo & Petrocine / The Mako Group

[Jump To Reply]Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. I am currently in treatment. My type of cancer does not have very good chances of survival. As such I am currently updating my will. I wonder if I should include provisions in my will for my next of kin to be able to swap out these piece of shit defective mags I bought years ago?

I wonder who will survive longer, me or the ongoing bullshit from Mako?

And yes, I am serious, the above is 100% true and I am FUCKING FED UP. Get off your fucking asses, stand behind your fucking product you assholes.

Prayers for you and Maco is worthless. I bought a string of the crap mags and they wouldn't return them.
View Quote

Damn is right. They need to make shit right with a lot of people  

ETA: what kind of customer service asshole uses 'gettin closer' to explain their shitty service. They should have just been clear and said 'never' or 'get fucked'
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Mako,
The only word that comes to mind with this whole issue is "pathetic."  Why don't you spend less time peddling excuses on this site and fix your issues? It's almost like a troll hacked your account with "Industry Partner" on it...and peddles one BS line after another; months and months and months and months and months later.

PATHETIC

Big Papa,

How many mags do they owe you?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are the defective mags the E-lander steel mags? I've got 10, only opened one but it's had no issues.
View Quote

i'm wondering if they are all bad, or just some batches. when they had the xmas sale, a couple of years ago, i grabbed 40 of them. they just went into the safe, with all of the other mags and ammo. any certain dates i need to look at, for defects?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Damn is right. They need to make shit right with a lot of people  

ETA: what kind of customer service asshole uses 'gettin closer' to explain their shitty service. They should have just been clear and said 'never' or 'get fucked'
View Quote

If they said "get bent" at least you could respect their honesty.  And it would save stringing about all these people waiting for replacements.

Just appalling behavior.  I don't see why anyone would ever buy anything from them.  Hopefully this will help get the word out.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow.  Talk about an AR15.com Vendor jerking a LOT of people around for two years with endless excuses and never delivering.

They go on my permanent shjt list.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I just scanned the first and last two pages.  It speaks for itself.  Yikes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Too much Hammermill in there!
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#18]
They also had similar problems with actually getting their fancy new meprolight sights to the customers that had to preorder to get one. Nothing but fucking "soon" and "I'll find out Monday" type bullshit excuses. That company is shit.

The guy that handles their CS, DOES NOT EVEN WORK AT THEIR FACILITY. They hired some random dude to just post some bullshit and pretend to get ahold of the actual company.its a fucking shit show.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Is what they've done to members here worse than whatever Botach (a banned vendor) did?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Rest assured, a manager from our parent company in Israel will call you about this very important problem...on Friday.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rest assured, a manager from our parent company in Israel will call you about this very important problem...on Friday.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Is what they've done to members here worse than whatever Botach (a banned vendor) did?
View Quote
I think the difference here is I've either gotten my order from them or it was back ordered and I was never out any money

at least 20 orders over the last couple of years with no issues and 1 back order that I cancelled

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]
this is some crazy BS and the lies/stringing along reminds me of a gunsmith in Kansas years ago
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I will not buy from them again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#25]

"Mako Group" is one of the things I don't really want to hear.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I've got a E-Lander, still in the wrap, that was given to me a couple years ago. I'll take it to the range tomorrow and see if it works properly.

An ex coworker bought 100 of them
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#27]
People are still bitching about those mags

I thought all the problems were settled.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#28]

There's an entire forum dedicated to Magazines.. do people not research anymore before they buy?

My cheapskate dad see's a low price on anything and immediately puts his money down then complains to high hell later about it, it always makes me go

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why would you buy anything Mako?

They are like a bastard love child of tapco and promag, it it was aborted in a toilet at junior prom
View Quote

Hey, you're back.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There's an entire forum dedicated to Magazines.. do people not research anymore before they buy?

My cheapskate dad see's a low price on anything and immediately puts his money down then complains to high hell later about it, it always makes me go

View Quote

Lol.  A reminder, that people ordered these defective mags in 2012.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:15:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:20:20 AM EDT
[#32]

OMG I'M TRIGGERED! REPORTED!
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#33]
How much longer do they get to be a vendor?  I'd expect a member to get booted from the site for less.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How much longer do they get to be a vendor?  I'd expect a member to get booted from the site for less.
View Quote

Good question.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I remember thinking, back when they first came out with their e-lander mags, that these guys sound like a used car salesman.  Glad I didn't buy any of their worthless, overpriced shit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I bought 10 after Sandy Hook. None of them fit. I did the mag catch mod to 2 of them just to get them to work.

No fitty:
Spikes Lower
Bushmaster lower
Colt M16
Anderson
Aero
Colt 6920

Most of these are friends lowers. If I can find someone were these POS fit. They can have them. FMako

....I remember when these started hitting the streets everyone had the same issues, Mako had the nerve to tell us it was "normal" to fit tight like that. Then after another month or so they came out and said our Lowers were out of spec. Douche bags

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Friends dont let friends get MaKO'd

Same friends dont let you Tapco an AR (but prob dont realize that they make some Tier 1 AK product)
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#38]
I like how in that thread they're blaming people's "out of spec" receivers and BCGs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably as long as they keep paying.

How long until saying "Fuck Mako" is a bannable offense?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good question. You'd also think they might respond to a thread in GD where they are getting thrashed...

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Good question. You'd also think they might respond to a thread in GD where they are getting thrashed...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably clueless about a GD thread about them, having to wade chest-deep thru the Trump threads...
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Read the linked thread, I'm more worried about Big Papa
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#43]
It all depends on which Mako group we are talking about.

or:

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#44]
When did the eLander mags start to fuck-up?  I have some from the first batch.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When did the eLander mags start to fuck-up?  I have some from the first batch.
View Quote

i opened a dozen, and they fit into my spikes, bushie, psa, colt, armalite and larue, without issue. don't know if the problem was batch specific, but i'm less concerned now, seeing they actually will fit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#46]
First batch?   Oh, you poor bastard.....

They finally "fixed" a problem that only existed in EVERY customers mind with the "3" mags, IIRC.....

As others have said the first batch had jacked up lips and refused to work in EVERY lower--of course, it was EVERY SINGLE LOWER in Merica, out of spec, not the mags.  They replaced all of mine but I am STILL waiting on them to reimburse my shipping costs like they said they would......
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Both of my e lander mags are flawless. Mako sent me a part to fix one of their grips that broke on me. Without charge.

That said, their CS issues have ensured I will never spend another dime with them.

Unsurprised to see they're still doing so shitty.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought 10 elander's from ammo to go for $5 each when they had them on clearance a few years ago.  They have been excellent mags.  Maybe I just go lucky.  The ELander 17 and 25 round 6.5 grendel mags from Alexander Arms are really nice.  Was it just the early ELanders that had problems when they first came to market?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
honestly, there was a thread while back from uafgrad, if mako sells it, I just don't buy it. I bought some meprolight sights for a Sig and Ruger, but any of those red dot things, no way, Mako champions them.
View Quote

IIRC Uafgrad loaned them a 1911 for sight testing(local guy to local guy), and got it back 9 months later with some issues. I kinda discounted the company after that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top