Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/18/2016 1:36:24 PM EDT
GOP senator: Apple is ‘company of choice for terrorists’

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) is blasting Apple for protecting terrorists after the company refused to cooperate with a court order seeking help unlocking one of the San Bernardino shooter’s iPhones.

“It's unfortunate that the great company Apple is becoming the company of choice for terrorists, drug dealers and sexual predators of all sorts,” he said in a statement late Wednesday, joining several other Republicans in Congress and on the campaign trail who called on Apple to cooperate.
View Quote

"Apple chose to protect a dead ISIS terrorist's privacy over the security of the American people,” Cotton said.
View Quote

“The executive and legislative branches have been working with the private sector with the hope of resolving the 'going dark' problem,” Cotton said. “Regrettably, the position [CEO] Tim Cook and Apple have taken shows that they are unwilling to compromise and that legislation is likely the only way to resolve this issue.”

Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) — the Senate Intelligence Committee’s top-two members, respectively — are working on a bill that could force companies to comply with court orders like the one Apple rejected.
View Quote

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/269858-gop-senator-apple-is-company-of-choice-for-terrorists
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a very shallow and child like statement. Maybe he should move to (D), since he's obviously a statist.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Poor choice of words.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
we need a patriot act 2.0 to prevent this!!!!!!111!!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Why is it that Republicans like to say dumb crap during election years?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a very shallow and child like statement. Maybe he should move to (D), since he's obviously a statist.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Way to Statist.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, logic and reason are in short supply.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Says the guy who's picture is him out of a white child molester van.

This is what happens when you spend your time listening only one news source.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell, even half of Arfcom thinks they should unlock the phone.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I think we should ban apple phones with a capacity of 10 rounds or more.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Officers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]
On Fox News’ The Five today, Dana Perino and Kimberly Guilfoyle expressed their outrage at Apple’s actions, even invoking the families of the San Bernardino victims.

Perino asked, “Don’t the victims’ families of the San Bernardino attack deserve a little bit more?”

Guilfoyle brought up how they were “heinously murdered by these vicious terrorists,” and said of Apple, “This is like a victory for ISIS. What team are you playing on?”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-host-apple-resisting-the-fbi-is-basically-a-victory-for-isis/
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

What about statism do Republicans disagree with? The split on IT security and privacy generally falls along establishment/non-establishment lines, not R/D; but to the extent that it can be sorted by party affiliation, the Republicans are usually the ones in the wrong. Voting R for data security is like voting D for gun rights.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#15]
When I hear derp from both parties, I find the political gridlock comforting
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
On Fox News’ The Five today, Dana Perino and Kimberly Guilfoyle expressed their outrage at Apple’s actions, even invoking the families of the San Bernardino victims.

Perino asked, “Don’t the victims’ families of the San Bernardino attack deserve a little bit more?”

Guilfoyle brought up how they were “heinously murdered by these vicious terrorists,” and said of Apple, “This is like a victory for ISIS. What team are you playing on?”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-host-apple-resisting-the-fbi-is-basically-a-victory-for-isis/
View Quote

Sometimes I see shit like this, knowing it's being eaten up by thousands/millions, and it makes me want to move.  How do people argue against stupid fucks like this?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Because fuck freedom
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#18]
How long until everything must be shareable and privacy is a thing of the past? Next thing you know they'll be saying that 4th amendment doesn't apply to phones because our forefathers could never have comprehended or thought something like cell phones feasible.

It's a tough situation. I want any Intel that terrorist fuck had, but there's a line in the sand. Bending or breaking rules is one thing. Having the GOV go strictly against the constitution is another.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#19]

He can eat a bag of ISIS dicks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Says the guy who's picture is him out of a white child molester van.

This is what happens when you spend your time listening only one news source.
View Quote

Exactly.  White vans are the vehicle of choice for molesters, rapists, drug smugglers, and kidnappers.  Why is he patronizing and supporting these groups of people?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like Zumbo on ARs:

"I'll go so far as to call them 'terrorist' rifles."
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Sen. Cotton is the representative of voice for statist retards
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Fucking ballgargling Apple Zombies...I knew they were a bunch of degenerate Libtard dopehead terrorist scumbags!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Well that didn't take long. "Only terrorists and child molesters need encryption."

How's about you just shut the fuck up, statist.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldnt have a problem if all they wanted was to give the phone to Apple and have them get he data off of it and present it back to the feds. But thats not what the feds want.

They want the means to do it anytime and anywhere of their choosing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After reading the 87 threads on the subject...this. Very much this.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I value my privacy, I value the Constitution, and I trust Apple far more than I trust our bloated, corrupt, incompetent, wildly out of control, communist infested federal government and the despots, criminals, and thugs who enforce its loathsome edicts.

Every time you turn around they're trying to ram another "ISM" up our asses as an excuse to enslave us. Make no mistake: they're going to keep digging this "terrorism" mine until they strike police state gold.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Surprised Bolling didn't do the same.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wouldnt have a problem if all they wanted was to give the phone to Apple and have them get he data off of it and present it back to the feds. But thats not what the feds want.

View Quote

The longer this draws out, the worse the rhetoric gets, and no matter what, we lose some freedoms.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#30]
<--------Still a proud supporter of Senator Tom Cotton.

While I think Apple shouldn't hand over the master key to the FBI, you can't tell me they couldn't be a little more helpful with extracting the information they want from the Terrorist's phone.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what the fuck do they expect to get out of the phone anyway? The killers are dead, what more can the families ask for. The gov sure aint gonna give them what they really want, since they won't do anything to offend muslims...I mean fro christs sake, these bastards literally had their jihadism on their sleeves, and the gov did nothing.

Fuck them....Apple should take the phone, do what they need to do to download the data, and then give them that...but fuck giving the government the keys to gain access to any iphone out there....
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well that didn't take long. "Only terrorists and child molesters need encryption."

How's about you just shut the fuck up, statist.
View Quote

Yeah.

Gotta +1.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#33]

That shit made milk come out of my nose!
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, I don't think half of us hung around long enough to get the full story.  I know I didn't, I just saw the whole thing this morning.  Fucking feds want the ability to bypass privacy measures for all phones, all the time.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Won't be long before a law is passed requiring everyone to leave there doors unlocked so law enforcement will have easy access to any terrorists who might be hiding within. The cry will be , if you have nothing to hide you should have no problem following the law.

Give up a freedom today before long you have none.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

While I think Apple shouldn't hand over the master key to the FBI, you can't tell me they couldn't be a little more helpful with extracting the information they want from the Terrorist's phone.

View Quote

Perhaps as a constituent of his, you could write or call him and explain your stance...

I'm curious though, what else do you want Apple to do?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
GOP senator: Apple is ‘company of choice for terrorists’

http://www.redstate.com/uploads/2014/04/tom-cotton.jpg

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) is blasting Apple for protecting terrorists after the company refused to cooperate with a court order seeking help unlocking one of the San Bernardino shooter’s iPhones.

“It's unfortunate that the great company Apple is becoming the company of choice for terrorists, drug dealers and sexual predators of all sorts,” he said in a statement late Wednesday, joining several other Republicans in Congress and on the campaign trail who called on Apple to cooperate.
View Quote

"Apple chose to protect a dead ISIS terrorist's privacy over the security of the American people,” Cotton said.
View Quote

“The executive and legislative branches have been working with the private sector with the hope of resolving the 'going dark' problem,” Cotton said. “Regrettably, the position [CEO] Tim Cook and Apple have taken shows that they are unwilling to compromise and that legislation is likely the only way to resolve this issue.”

Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) — the Senate Intelligence Committee’s top-two members, respectively — are working on a bill that could force companies to comply with court orders like the one Apple rejected.
View Quote

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/269858-gop-senator-apple-is-company-of-choice-for-terrorists
View Quote

JFC guys, educate yourselves a little bit before making a 'statement.'

You see, the Internet is a series of 'tubes.' Is Cotton attending Blackhat or Defcon this year, is he giving a speech?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you start demanding that I do something that goes against my moral judgment, getting the media and ignorant people to support it, I don't think I'd be helpful either.  Even a little bit.  *shrugs*
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Another person who doesn't understand the implications of Apple cracking the security on that phone.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#42]
it's convenient how statist are always in such a hurry to out themselves.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Blaming inanimate objects for the evil actions of people, why does that sound familiar?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL.

Cruz: Apple Should Open San Bernardino Attacker’s Phone

Cruz said that Apple should be compelled to unlock the terrorist’s phone because there is a search warrant.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/02/17/cruz-apple-should-open-san-bernardino-attackers-phone-but-its-right-it-should-have-to-backdoor-every-phone/
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah almost as shallow and childlike as throwing around the term "statist" willy nilly.

So maybe you and him like different cartoons. You both still love cartoons.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Perhaps as a constituent of his, you could write or call him and explain your stance...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Offer to have two FBI Agents bring cell phone to Apple H.Q.  Have them wait there while information is extracted and spell out everything they want off of the phone.  Then give it to them along with the phone.

My guess is the FBI and Apple both want to have their cake and eat it too.

FBI wants universal code to unlock all cell phones, typical big brother Bullshit, but what else would we expect from a big government bureaucracy?

Apple probably wants phone sent to them with no outside personnel for fear of them learning proprietary information.  They probably don't want to return the phone after the info. Is extracted either.  All this is because they fear a potential loss of profit.  Typical big corporation bullshit, but what else would we expect from big corporate assholes?    

A compromise can be reached, with each side getting what they need, however, the big egos are going to have to be removed from the equation.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Why doesn't Apple not hand over the master code keys and just open that one phone up and give the govt the info?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

maybe someone needs to dig around and see if they can find something in dana's ass, after all, its for national security.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Blaming inanimate objects for the evil actions of people, why does that sound familiar?
View Quote

They have no problem with the inanimate object, it's the information they stored on it.  Or actions they took to store that information, (evidence) if there's any at all.  

I understand why they want to get to it, but I personally believe the privacy of the individual and company hold more weight.  They are hellbent on getting to this information. Maybe they need to realize its a dead end and look in other directions.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top