Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/18/2016 11:13:41 AM EDT
That guy looks like Mel Brooks.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/02/18/humans-neanderthals-interbred-thousands-years-earlier-than-first-thought-research-shows.html

A new study has shown that humans interbred with Neanderthals approximately 100,000 years ago, between 40,000 and 50,000 years earlier than first thought.

The new study, published in the journal Nature, reports that genetic analysis of the remains of a Neanderthal woman detected residual DNA from Homo sapiens, a sign of inter-species mating.

The discovery by the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology forces scientists to reasses the accepted timeline of when humans migrated out of Africa to other parts of the world.

One theory is that the recently discovered interbreeding arose from what scientists call a failed dispersal. That refers to a small population of Homo sapiens trekking to the Middle East and other parts of Eurasia, but failing to establish lasting colonies.

The remains of the Neanderthal woman at the center of the study were found in southern Siberia, near the border with present-day Mongolia.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#1]
it looks like mel brooks and donald trump talking about merchandise.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you think the human guys grunted, "Guilty? Not Guilty?"
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

had to....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#6]
The only pure humans left are located in Africa!
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/02/18/humans-neanderthals-interbred-thousands-years-earlier-than-first-thought-research-shows.html

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/science/2016/02/18/humans-neanderthals-interbred-thousands-years-earlier-than-first-thought-research-shows/_jcr_content/par/featured-media/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1455776687023.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

A new study has shown that humans interbred with Neanderthals approximately 100,000 years ago, between 40,000 and 50,000 years earlier than first thought.

The new study, published in the journal Nature, reports that genetic analysis of the remains of a Neanderthal woman detected residual DNA from Homo sapiens, a sign of inter-species mating.

The discovery by the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology forces scientists to reasses the accepted timeline of when humans migrated out of Africa to other parts of the world.

One theory is that the recently discovered interbreeding arose from what scientists call a failed dispersal. That refers to a small population of Homo sapiens trekking to the Middle East and other parts of Eurasia, but failing to establish lasting colonies.

The remains of the Neanderthal woman at the center of the study were found in southern Siberia, near the border with present-day Mongolia.
View Quote

So they found the first Marine?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I simply MUST have some Neanderthal blood in me if those pictures are accurate.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Seems like science doesn't know anything more than we already knew in the '70s.  It's almost like the way Hollywood has been doing remakes of great films.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Notice the subtle racial stereotyping in that pic: the primitive Neanderthals are lilly-white. These grunting savages could only be elevated through the injection of some black blood.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#13]
No one knows when neanderthals became neanderthals, no one knows when modern humans became modern humans. Most of what has been taught is bullshit pipe dreams made up by people who cant stand to admit that they do not know what they do not know.

What we know is what has been observed.. the rest is just inference.

And anyone can infer with the best of them.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do you think the human guys grunted, "Guilty? Not Guilty?"
View Quote

No, the interweb and Arfcom wasn't invented by Al G(wh)ore yet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#15]
well, it seems that sticking a dick into anything you can, is a trait that dates back a few years.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Sometimes scientist can not see the obvious because hardcore science has them so engrossed in the task at hand, they miss the common sense application of what is being discovered.
humans were banging older human versions... NO SHIT.  The slaves are not just serving tea and washing the clothes.
Duh..Darwin. One side wins and moves on. The other slowly fades away.

Let's take this a step further. Now that the Earth has no geographic boundaries that divide humans and the inter-racial banging has accelerated 1000 fold.
Given enough time all humans will become the same. I think we already are but there are still left over traits that science uses to divide us...those traits will merge into one .... If humans exist long enough ? Not sure about that one....
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#17]
It seems to me they still are in many examples.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sometimes scientist can not see the obvious because hardcore science has them so engrossed in the task at hand, they miss the common sense application of what is being discovered.
humans were banging older human versions... NO SHIT.  The slaves are not just serving tea and washing the clothes.

Let's take this a step further. Now that the Earth has no geographic boundaries that divide humans and the inter-racial banging has accelerated 1000 fold.
Given enough time all humans will become the same. I think we already are but there are still left over traits that science uses to divide us...those traits will merge into one .... If humans exist long enough ? Not sure about that one....
View Quote

I dont think nature will ever remain stable long enough for that to happen. Civilization is far to fragile and self destructive to last.

Keep in mind every race started out looking the same, and we all come from common ancestry. geography and climate is the main driver of change.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#19]
So this happened after the big die off leading to the offspring of Mitochondrial Eve leaving South Africa and heading north?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So this happened after the big die off leading to the offspring of Mitochondrial Eve leaving South Africa and heading north?
View Quote

Are those two things connected?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Notice the subtle racial stereotyping in that pic: the primitive Neanderthals are lilly-white. These grunting savages could only be elevated through the injection of some black blood.
View Quote

They altered the skin color for the models because the latitude Neanderthal lived indicates it likely adopted to lower UV rays, meaning it had light pigment skin, meaning white. Neanderthal also had a significantly larger brain capacity than humans did, by size and by body weight ration, meaning they were not only stronger than humans, but capable of being smarter too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I dont think nature will ever remain stable long enough for that to happen. Civilization is far to fragile and self destructive to last.

Keep in mind every race started out looking the same, and we all come from common ancestry. geography and climate is the main driver of change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nature likes to rage quit every so often, but what happens when civilization becomes advanced enough to control nature?  Do you think we could (with enough warning) shift the path of an asteroid?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its opposing theories that take place around the same general time frame. Humans were much more prevalent around Africa and even Europe and the Middle East, then there was a major climate shift, mass die off, the ones who lived all came from South Africa area, evidence by shared mtDNA in every single human (meaning shared female ancestor). So after the die off they moved north, again, were introduced with Neanderthal, and we share enough common genetic material than cross breeding is possible, so Neaderthal wasn't killed off, it was bred out. (this is all theory of course)
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

A distinct possibility it seems, but I'm not sure if she is the correct Common Ancestor for this case. Another piece for me to mull over and look at human migration and genetics.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

1st post again.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The only pure humans left are located in Africa!
View Quote

Is that why today Africa is the shining example of human evolution ?

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Ron Perlman is all the proof I needed.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#29]
No such thing as Neanderthals. There are people today for instance aboriginal Australians who look exactly like that:

Much like the Piltdown man, Neanderthals are a myth created by mixing bones from different sources
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A distinct possibility it seems, but I'm not sure if she is the correct Common Ancestor for this case. Another piece for me to mull over and look at human migration and genetics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's where it gets confusing then. Because if Mi. Eve happened after human-neanderthal breeding, that whole line died off. It would have had to happen again after Mi. Eve's offspring treked north.

BWT, I know most of this stuff is bullshit, but all human cultures love a good origin story. The Carthagians had Dido, Rome had Aeneus, England had Alfred the Great. Since secular civilization has killed off God, we need to replace it with something, physical anthropology is a decent substitute if you accept it for what it is.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's funny.

Well done.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.   It will lead to supposed humans becoming more violent and dumber than a box of rocks.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nature likes to rage quit every so often, but what happens when civilization becomes advanced enough to control nature?  Do you think we could (with enough warning) shift the path of an asteroid?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think civilization will ever become that advanced before it is destroyed. right now the vast majority of population on the planet are treated as slaves. even the most advanced civilizations have spent far more resources on killing and controlling each other then on anything so altruistic as survival as a species.  

We could probably do something about an asteroid depending on its size and when we saw it from what I understand.  but as far as I know we are very vulnerable to solar storms, earth quakes, Plagues, loss of top soil, real climate changes and massive volcanoes. then you have biological weapons and nuclear war.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Since secular civilization has killed off God, we need to replace it with something
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

a homogenous population ensures extinction.  dinosaurs still exist around us, they are commonly known as birds, the possibility that feathers act as insulation for the small number of dinos when the environment turned cold. same for humans...some smarter, some stronger, some skinny, some fat, some black, some white. diversity means some may survive.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since secular civilization has killed off God, we need to replace it with something

http://s11.postimg.org/wsgsl20zn/bb41d6_4967527.jpg

I'm not an atheistic, Mr. Cultist, nor am I agnostic. I simply acknowledge that the US, and most European countries are secular now to the point where the true believers are a minority. People who destroy the old ideologies need to replace them with new ones, science (even when poorly understood) replaces Noah's Ark.

You'd be a fool for believing otherwise. But since you believe God spared the dinosaurs and that they currently exist in Africa as some great Globalist plot to keep them quiet, I know that answer already.

I think you should give your full opinion on this topic. Tell us what you really believe.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#38]
pre-historic rapey thread
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not an atheistic, Mr. Cultist, nor am I agnostic. I simply acknowledge that the US, and most European countries are secular now to the point where the true believers are a minority. People who destroy the old ideologies need to replace them with new ones, science (even when poorly understood) replaces Noah's Ark.

You'd be a fool for believing otherwise. But since you believe God spared the dinosaurs and that they currently exist in Africa as some great Globalist plot to keep them quiet, I know that answer already.

I think you should give your full opinion on this topic. Tell us what you really believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He already has. Please not again.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No such thing as Neanderthals. There are people today for instance aboriginal Australians who look exactly like that:
http://s27.postimg.org/t82fbi6gz/abo2.jpg
Much like the Piltdown man, Neanderthals are a myth created by mixing bones from different sources
View Quote

Poe's Law like a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, he's serious. He's a cultist, a follower of a convicted scam artist named Horvind.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be more likely to invoke Occam's Razor than Poe's law, with these "studies" like the one referenced in the OP that keep getting made up as they go.

In 2014, it was Neanderthals never went extinct all the rage
Now, it is this one
In a year or two, it will be something different and this article will be obselete

And its all based on some bones that are indistinguishable from modern skeletons of people suffering from Rickets, and the facial reconstructions are indistinguishable from some ethnic groups alive today. If you look at it logically it starts becoming clear that many facets of evolutionary science are being made up, and then the big question becomes why...
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'd be more likely to invoke Occam's Razor than Poe's law, with these "studies" like the one referenced in the OP that keep getting made up as they go.

Now, it is this one
In a year or two, it will be something different and this article will be obselete

And its all based on some bones that are indistinguishable from modern skeletons of people suffering from Rickets, and the facial reconstructions are indistinguishable from some ethnic groups alive today. If you look at it logically it starts becoming clear that many facets of evolutionary science are being made up, and then the big question becomes why...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, it is this one

Expound on this please. Why are they constantly being made up?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#45]
If one has ever been to DC and Baltimore, they would realize that they're still interbreeding to this day.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
They altered the skin color for the models because the latitude Neanderthal lived indicates it likely adopted to lower UV rays, meaning it had light pigment skin, meaning white. Neanderthal also had a significantly larger brain capacity than humans did, by size and by body weight ration, meaning they were not only stronger than humans, but capable of being smarter too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, in this case, the image is used along with an article describing mixing that happened in the Siberia-Mongolia border regions, about 100,000 years ago, not mixing that happened in Sweden or Germany. Are neanderthals from that region more likely to be white or brown?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If one has ever been to DC and Baltimore, they would realize that they're still interbreeding to this day.
View Quote

Knew that was bound to come up sooner or later...GD at its finest.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Now, it is this one

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, it is this one

Don't get anthropologists mixed up with geneticists.

One is mostly philosophic, the other is a science, a new and incomplete science, but a science non the less.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well, in this case, the image is used along with an article describing mixing that happened in the Siberia-Mongolia border regions, about 100,000 years ago, not mixing that happened in Sweden or Germany. Are neanderthals from that region more likely to be white or brown?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once humans permanently settled above the Tropic of Cancer latitude line, their skin lightens. The higher they go, the lighter they get. With less UV rays for the skin to properly absurd the sun's rays to produce Vitamin D. the most efficient skin color is lighter, not darker. In brighter areas, closer to the sun, lighter skin means a higher chance of constant sunburn from exposure to the sun, and skin cancer, which limits success of the animal with those genes and their ability to survive to adulthood and reproduce.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top