Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#2]
About friggin' time.

I guess I'll keep sending the NRA money. But I tell ya, if they had stayed silent on this POS legislation, that was it for me and them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Since we are on the subject of the NRA, I have been a member since 1987, I hold a lifetime membership with this group. I gave them a call Friday afternoon to ask a few questions and give them a little shit.
I called the number I have at home and actually got to speak to a real live person I figured that was a good start with all the automated answer systems all groups, companies, etc. are going to.
Well my first question after I gave the guy my membership number was,

me: How are we looking for the [b]Assault Weapons and High Cap Magazine Ban[/b] to be squashed next year?

NRA: Well Mr. Watson I think we have a strong campaign going and we fell this bill will not be re-signed by President Bush.

me: Well I am glad there is light at the end of the tunnel, but how can we make a stronger case towards Regaining the Right we the American people have lost with the Assault Rifle Ban.

NRA: We feel the Assault Rifle issue will be resolved as well.

me: I would like to see more publicity and backing from the NRA on assuring the Assault Rifles will be secured in the American Way of Life and The Second Amendment will not be Infringed on by these Liberal Groups.

NRA: We are strongly fighting to retain The Second Amendment Rights back for the People.

me: I would also like to see more publication of the American Made Assault Rifles in the magazines the NRA are responsible for.

NRA: We are currently starting to publicize more Assault Rifles made here in the US in our Magazines and fliers.

me: I would also like to see or at least read about the NRA being more vocal in the support of Colt, DPMS, Bushmaster, RRA, etc. I don't feel the NRA is doing as much for the American companies as they could be doing.

NRA: I assure you we are stepping up our efforts in this Matter.

me: I don't give a rats ass about the foreign made Chinese, Russian, Yugoslavian, or any other foreign made SKS, AK47, etc. I wish to see more backing for the Homeland made AR15 and AR10. I notice the NRA Backs foreign made shotguns such as Beneli for example to the highest letter, and I think the homeland made Firearms should come first. Don't you agree?

NRA: Yes Mr. Watson I do agree and we are trying to focus more on what you have mentioned.

I told the I wanted to see the NRA back the Bill 100% that would exonerate the Firearms Manufacturers form being subjected to the frivolous lawsuits people are trying to file on them for the death of a loved one. I expressed it is not the Fault of the Manufacturer of the Firearm it is the person who used the Firearm.
I just wanted to share with everyone what I was told and hopefully our Homeland American Companies will rise out of the smoke.[:D]

Sorry about the screw up I was surfing the Brady Web-site to see if them Bastages were up to anything new, I guess my mind was on them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been a life member of the NRA for longer than probably most of the board memebers have been alive.  For decades it would not have been fair to say that they sold us out.  They simply did not care at all.  They saw their constituency as the country club Republican crowd and they would not have even raised thier voice to save any of our rights.  They have been doing better for a while, but I still don't trust them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#5]

NRA: We are currently starting to publicize more Assault Rifles made here in the US in our Magazines and fliers.
View Quote

The latest 'america's first freedom' had an article on Wilson Combat. They didn't showcase the ARs at all, but did show the flip up rear sights they make.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I Signed up on Sunday afternoon for a 3 yr. membership.  If the AWB is renewed, it will be the last penny they ever see from me.  

I resisted joining for a long time because they did not fight for semi-auto rifle owners, but have realized that it's better to have SOMEONE in your corner even if they are not 100% in agreement with you.

Same reason I voted for Bush instead of Buchanan.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
me: I don't give a rats ass about the foreign made Chinese, Russian, Yugoslavian, or any other foreign made SKS, AK47, etc. I wish to see more backing for the Homeland made AR15 and AR10. I notice the NRA Backs foreign made shotguns such as Beneli for example to the highest letter, and I think the homeland made Firearms should come first. Don't you agree?

NRA: Yes Mr. Watson I do agree and we are trying to focus more on what you have mentioned.
View Quote

That's one of the attitudes that have lead us to where we are today. GCA of 68 with import restrictions that were in part supported by some in the gun industry because it helped them and restricted foreign imports. The only effect is that gun buyers were screwed in the deal by not being able to buy some guns and making other guns that are imported more expensive.

I don't believe in giving any sector of the gun industry less protection than another merely because they come from another country. We only end up hurting ourselves when we do that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For those of you who will join only after the fight is over, and only if those of us who carry the water, win, you sound exactly like France.  [:(!]
View Quote

France sucks

Life Member here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That's one of the attitudes that have lead us to where we are today. GCA of 68 with import restrictions that were in part supported by some in the gun industry because it helped them and restricted foreign imports. The only effect is that gun buyers were screwed in the deal by not being able to buy some guns and making other guns that are imported more expensive.

I don't believe in giving any sector of the gun industry less protection than another merely because they come from another country. We only end up hurting ourselves when we do that.
View Quote

I respect your opinion bastiat, but you are looking at it wrong.
Look back at 80% of crimes involving a assault rifle it has either been a SKS, or AK47. These assault rifles are hurting our right for having Assault Rifles due to they are so cheap the common thief can afford to purchase them before committing a crime.
That is the point I was making. I also don't care about the import Rifles, sure I own a Beneli and I love that shot gun, but if it meant not purchasing the foreign firearms to keep the American Businesses growing and get a chance to get rid of the damn Assault Rifle Ban then so be it.
If the AK47's and SKS were banned period then I really believe we would stand a better chance with the Assault Rifle Ban.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they get this right maybe they can get the 1986 machinegun ban knocked down.
View Quote

http://www.haveanicelife.com/users/p_cards/3/tn_pc_willbeacoldday.gif
View Quote

maybe if gun friendly forces get a larger majority in congress
View Quote

So-called "Conservatives", (actually "neo-cons"), control two branchs of govt., Congress, and the White House. I remember when they said "we need the House of Representatives",(1993), we gave 'em that. Then it was "we need the Senate"(1996). We gave it to 'em. Then, "We need the White House", they've got that now. Now they say "we need a larger majority".

[red]Lemee tell ya something. If these guys can't get back our rights now, it's because they DON"T WANT TO!![/red]
View Quote

[b]Lib,[/b] this is one of your bigger "crock o' crap" posts, right up there with the "lies and half-truth" nrawol link.  Please educate yourself about the word "filibuster" in the Senate.  [red]In short, it means it takes 60 votes to pass anything controversial.[/red]  There are not 60 Republicans, [i]neo-conservative[/i] or otherwise, present, and several that are quite liberal, despite party affiliation.  NOTHING pertaining to guns will get passed without 60 votes.  Period.  You of all people should know this, as you claim to be politically active.  Or is it YOU who has the agenda of mis-information and propaganda??

For those of you who will join only after the fight is over, and only if those of us who carry the water, win, you sound exactly like France.  [:(!]
View Quote

Thank you very much for helping to make my point Bee. Do you mean to tell me there was NO Senators who were NRA members and could have filibustered the original bill??

Please point out to me any inaccuracies at [url]http://www.nrawol.org/[/url], I will get them fixed...[:D]

Oh!! Come and see me after you've taken a pro-gun statewide action, only to have nra turn their backs on you.... It's in the trenchs where it counts, not in pretty mail outs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I respect your opinion bastiat, but you are looking at it wrong.
Look back at 80% of crimes involving a assault rifle it has either been a SKS, or AK47. These assault rifles are hurting our right for having Assault Rifles due to they are so cheap the common thief can afford to purchase them before committing a crime.
That is the point I was making. I also don't care about the import Rifles, sure I own a Beneli and I love that shot gun, but if it meant not purchasing the foreign firearms to keep the American Businesses growing and get a chance to get rid of the damn Assault Rifle Ban then so be it.
If the AK47's and SKS were banned period then I really believe we would stand a better chance with the Assault Rifle Ban.
View Quote

I'm sorry, but you just don't seem to get it. No matter what we give up, no matter how we compromise, the gun grabbers are never going to be satisfied. Can you name ONE instance where we compromised and gave up one of our freedoms and the anti-gun crowd said "gee, that's nice of them, I guess we'll lay off and be happy now"?

No, you can't, because it never happened. But you're willing to sell out another area of the battlefield on a false hope that has no track record of ever working. It never will. The only thing that will happen if we were to give up imported rifles is that the brady bunch and their friends could then concentrate on domestic firearms. And don't think for a minute that they wouldn't go after them, too, because they have before and they would again in a heartbeat. Gun making jobs and gun manufacturers based in the US mean absolutely nothing to the people who want to ban all guns.

Your attitude is quite frankly pathetic and disgusting. It's a good example of why we are in the mess we are in today - because gun owners were willing to sell out others that they didn't care about to cover their own asses - and now fewer people are around to cover theirs when they need it. It's disgusting to see this attitude in one of our own crowd. Thanks for being willing to sell out the rifles that I enjoy collecting to save your own ass.

[b]"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."[/b] - Winston Churchill

[b]"Hey, let's give up our imported guns - maybe the gun grabbers will let us keep our AR15's then!"[/b] - nwatson99
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#12]
nwatson99,

Perhaps you aren't paying attention.  The Beltway Sniper didn't use a foreign-made rifle.  He used a Bushmaster made in the good ol' USA.

Gun banners care only about one thing - banning private possession of all guns.  They'll use any angle they can to further their agenda, and slicing off a piece of the market with each increment is the easiest way for them to accomplish their nefarious goal.  After all, hunters, cowboy shooters, and shotgunners doen't want you to own an 'evil black semi-automatic assualt weapon', as it may interfere with their right to hunt, shoot steel, or shoot clays.  We all need to hang together or we will surely hang separately.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#13]
nwatson99, do you work for the NRA???
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Feinstein doesn't want any of us having ANY weapons.  She wants us all to have cellphones with only ONE number on it and that's 911 (and Tom Ridge would like it to be tapped too).

I agree that cost is a big factor in what gangbangers can afford in terms of weapons, but please don't take the attitude that since you can afford a $599 rifle, the rest of us can too.  I'm all for the ban to expire and hopefully someday California will fall back into the fold of the rest of the union.  But in the meantime, I'm not willing to give an inch, and my money will go to lobbyists who reflect this notion.  No compromise.  I would like my freedom to purchase what I wish, imported or local.

Yes, I'm a member of the GOA, NRA and the CRPA.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey ColdSteel223!

Welcome to the asylum and thanks for some much overdue good news.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but you just don't seem to get it. No matter what we give up, no matter how we compromise, the gun grabbers are never going to be satisfied. Can you name ONE instance where we compromised and gave up one of our freedoms and the anti-gun crowd said "gee, that's nice of them, I guess we'll lay off and be happy now"?
View Quote

This is the absolute, 100% fucking truth of the matter.

The minute we pull our heads out of our asses and realize we are fighting an enemy that will never rest, like the friggin' terminator, the sooner we will realize that we must not compromise, ever.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#17]
If I am so against “Assault Rifles” why do I own 4 of them now? I am only saying I don’t care about the cheap imports and I don’t!

I am not here to argue nor start a fight, but everyone think about this just for a moment. Here is my reasoning on the previous post in better detail on the criminals using the     SKS and AK47 and yes I said criminals not us the law abiding gun owners.

How many crimes are committed with the “Assault Rifles” in the price range from  $100.00 to $200.00?
Almost all of the crimes.

Is a criminal whom is ready to commit a crime go and purchase a DPMS, RRA, Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, Olympic, etc?
No they go and buy the cheapest “Assault Rifle” they Possibly can purchase.

Is the SKS and AK47 an “Assault Rifle” that can be easily modified for full auto?
Yes they can, I personally watched a guy convert an AK47 in under 5 minutes.

I remember the last four major shootouts with Police Officers and criminals using “Assault Rifles” what were those “Assault Rifles”?
The SKS and the AK47, which both of them are a cheaper “Assault Rifle” that can be purchased from Pawn Shops, Gun Dealer or even the local flee markets or stock yards.

I know that all crimes are not committed with “Assault Rifles” but the ones that are committed are carried out with the cheaper “Assault Rifles” like the SKS and AK47.

I still believe I have the right not to care about a weapon if I choose to, If I don’t have that right then why do people have the right to talk about Glock, Smith and Wesson just to name a few. I talk about Smith and Wesson myself I read the “Standards” they wanted the Dealers to go thru before selling there Weapons and it was bullshit.

I even stated and specified the SKS and AK47 not all Imported Weapons, I plan on purchasing an Aug myself so does that make me a liberal or anti-gun?

[red]I know if you give the anti-gun bastards an inch they will take a mile, but I didn’t give them anything and they still put bans and restrictions on what we can purchase thru a Dealer or the Manufacturer.[/red]

I hate the Weapons Ban just as much if not more than anyone on this board period that does include Pistols in this post, but everyone thinks that we still have the right to buy what we want, but I will tell you something wake up and smell the coffee because we don’t have that right at the present time.

The only hopes we have now are if Bush doesn’t sign the “Assault Weapons Bill with Hi Cap Mags included” and a Demo-rat does not get elected.
If Bush does sign the Bill and a Demo-rat does get elected how fast do you think the Bill will be in place again?

You guys might call me a traitor to the cause or say I should work for the NRA, but I gave up hunting for one reason only that is to target shoot with my Pistols, and AR15’S with my Hi-Cap Mags. I don’t have the time to do both due to work so I made that decision.

We have already been hurt and banned once it is going to be a battle to regain our rights. I hope I live to see the anti-gun bastards defeated and disassembled.

What about the American Companies? I have been ridiculed me for not liking or caring about the AK47 or SKS, nor do I give a shit if they are ever allowed back in our Country.
The only post that was issued about an American Company or its product was the Sniper used a Bushmaster. Did any body read what I wrote about my conversation with an NRA spokesman? You will notice I asked about the American Companies, not the Foreign Companies.

[red]Instead of being concerned about the imports worry about our Homeland Folks First when that issue is resolved then we can worry or start another battle for the cheaper imports.[/red]

Link Posted: 4/29/2003 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Feinstein doesn't want any of us having ANY weapons.  She wants us all to have cellphones with only ONE number on it and that's 911 (and Tom Ridge would like it to be tapped too).

I agree that cost is a big factor in what gangbangers can afford in terms of weapons, but please don't take the attitude that since you can afford a $599 rifle, the rest of us can too.  I'm all for the ban to expire and hopefully someday California will fall back into the fold of the rest of the union.  But in the meantime, I'm not willing to give an inch, and my money will go to lobbyists who reflect this notion.  No compromise.  I would like my freedom to purchase what I wish, imported or local.

Yes, I'm a member of the GOA, NRA and the CRPA.
View Quote

Slipjoint
    I am not taking an anti-gun attitude at all, hell I own an SKS I am just saying I can live with or with out the SKS or AK47 Rifles, my number 1 goal and hopes are for the American Companies First, Second the Imports, Third and last the cheap imports SKS and AK47 are giving the "Assault Rifles" the bad publicity from the criminals using them more than the AR15, Aug, or AR10.
I gave the spokesman from the NRA shit about the AR15 and AR10 not being backed by the NRA. The AR15 is an American Rifle and the American Products are number 1 in my eyes.

I would love to see those bastards in California eat their words.
That whole state of Politicians are destroying the Second Amendment. I am almost beginning to believe they are taught anti-gun before they are allowed to run for office in that state.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
nwatson99,

Perhaps you aren't paying attention.  The Beltway Sniper didn't use a foreign-made rifle.  He used a Bushmaster made in the good ol' USA.

Gun banners care only about one thing - banning private possession of all guns.  They'll use any angle they can to further their agenda, and slicing off a piece of the market with each increment is the easiest way for them to accomplish their nefarious goal.  After all, hunters, cowboy shooters, and shotgunners doen't want you to own an 'evil black semi-automatic assualt weapon', as it may interfere with their right to hunt, shoot steel, or shoot clays.  We all need to hang together or we will surely hang separately.
View Quote

RichinCm
     I know about the sniper, I think now that you mentioned it, the Bushmaster he used was stolen. I believe I caught that on the radio on my way to work this evening. Did not get the details, but I am almost positive I heard that.
I am not against the Second Amendment at all, I have even used friends e-mail addresses for the petition used for e-mailing Bush, I bet I have 15 to 20 different numbers from that petition here on AR15.com
The anti-gunners are out for everyone like you say I know this and I hate those bastards for trying to ban our guns.
I just can't believe the insinuation of me being on there side just blows me away.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#20]
How noble of you. You're willing to give up your right to buy an SKS so you can maybe buy a little breathing room for your precious ar15. You're willing to give up the right to buy a foreign made AK, too. Yeah, that will hold off the dogs.

You know what? You're also willing to sell out MY right to buy those same weapons! And I don't like that one bit! I happen to like imported guns - collecting them is my hobby and my main interest - thanks a whole hell of a lot for selling out what I like to do in a desperate bid to save your first love. I'll be sure to return the favor when possible!

Apparently you haven't realzied what I said before - they will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stop coming after our guns - so why give them a freebie just because you think it will buy you time? What don't you comprehend about the entire history of the fight to protect the 2nd amendment? Just what it the hell are you basing this plan on? Your hopes and wishes? That we can all just get along if we sell just the bit of our soul that one of us deems unnecessary, the whole battle and the interests of other gun owners be damned? Screw that.

Honestly, you're a regular neville chamberlin. You'd come back from a meeting with diane feinstein announcing a complete ban on all imported weapons and say "I have achieved protection of the second amendment for our time." Less than 10 years later all our guns will be gone. You have learned nothing from history but you're willing to sell out other gun owners because you think it would be a swell idea and it would keep what you like safe.

Words cannot convey my disgust for this sentiment. Un-freaking-believeable.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Damn the bad luck you are crying because I would prefer to give the American made AR15's and AR10's more coverage than the foreign made imports. These Rifles made here in America not in China, Russia, etc.
The NRA has not been posting enough of the American Rifles let along the imported cheap ass rifles, but then you want to give me shit over wanting to see the American Companies first. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Damn the bad luck you are crying because I would prefer to give the American made AR15's and AR10's more coverage than the foreign made imports. These Rifles made here in America not in China, Russia, etc.
The NRA has not been posting enough of the American Rifles let along the imported cheap ass rifles, but then you want to give me shit over wanting to see the American Companies first. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!
View Quote

That's BS. The issue isn't about who's first or who gets publicity. Or who gets the sales. It's about one damn thing, and let me make this perfectly clear.

[size=6]Our Freedom[/size=6]

That's it. Our freedom to buy and own whatever guns we damn well feel like buying. Whether they're made Illinois or romania, massachussetts or poland. And here's some bitter truth for you: Some of the foreign states that guns are made in care more about the RKBA than some of the US states where guns are made.

So, yes, thanks again for being willing to sellout our FREEDOM to buy weapons for a ridiculous idea to buy time - one that's based on a pure fantasyland approach to the RKBA.

Link Posted: 4/29/2003 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Here - you may want to vote in this poll I put up earlier today. It's a little lopsided now. I asked whether your sellout idea sounded good. So far the only vote you have in favor of your plan is a guy who voted yes as a joke.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=184146&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How noble of you. You're willing to give up your right to buy an SKS so you can maybe buy a little breathing room for your precious ar15. You're willing to give up the right to buy a foreign made AK, too. Yeah, that will hold off the dogs.

You know what? You're also willing to sell out MY right to buy those same weapons! And I don't like that one bit! I happen to like imported guns - collecting them is my hobby and my main interest - thanks a whole hell of a lot for selling out what I like to do in a desperate bid to save your first love. I'll be sure to return the favor when possible!

Apparently you haven't realzied what I said before - they will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stop coming after our guns - so why give them a freebie just because you think it will buy you time? What don't you comprehend about the entire history of the fight to protect the 2nd amendment? Just what it the hell are you basing this plan on? Your hopes and wishes? That we can all just get along if we sell just the bit of our soul that one of us deems unnecessary, the whole battle and the interests of other gun owners be damned? Screw that.

Honestly, you're a regular neville chamberlin. You'd come back from a meeting with diane feinstein announcing a complete ban on all imported weapons and say "I have achieved protection of the second amendment for our time." Less than 10 years later all our guns will be gone. You have learned nothing from history but you're willing to sell out other gun owners because you think it would be a swell idea and it would keep what you like safe.

Words cannot convey my disgust for this sentiment. Un-freaking-believeable.
View Quote

You are talking like I am an Liberal, open your eyes, I own a SKS myself.
What is your problem? These cheap imported Rifles are hurting us and the American Firearm Companies!
I am 100% for the American Firearm Manufacturing Companies first are you?
I am evening planning on buying a Aug if I can get one, so how am I against all the imported Firearms?  
I own a Beneli also, let me see here well hell it is made in Italy, damn me for owning that gun, is that your thought now?
Remember one thing you need to take care of your Country and its People, Firearm Manufacturing Companies first! Then you can spread the wealth to the foreign countries and buy the imports.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

That's BS. The issue isn't about who's first or who gets publicity. Or who gets the sales. It's about one damn thing, and let me make this perfectly clear.

[size=6]Our Freedom[/size=6]

That's it. Our freedom to buy and own whatever guns we damn well feel like buying. Whether they're made Illinois or romania, massachussetts or poland. And here's some bitter truth for you: Some of the foreign states that guns are made in care more about the RKBA than some of the US states where guns are made.

So, yes, thanks again for being willing to sellout our FREEDOM to buy weapons for a ridiculous idea to buy time - one that's based on a pure fantasyland approach to the RKBA.

View Quote

You are smoking crack, I am more supportive for the Homeland American Firearms more than the Foreign Firearms and you say I am against freedom. You have lost your mind, what in the hell is wrong with you?
Were was your Freedom Speech when the bill was passed in 1994, was you writing your Representatives and Congressman?
Did you attend any of the Rallies hosted by the NRA?
I did and I didn't use a freaking computer either, I wore the badges printed up to support the Second Amendment, I went to Frankfort KY the Capital of KY and meet with my Reps urging them not to support the Bill, I even meet with Gov Jones over this issue.
What the hell did you do?
My efforts I put forth were shot down, the bill was passed anyway and all that got me was my Blood Pressure up.
So don't you dare sit there and call me a sell out!!
You talk about buying anything you choose, well Mr Smarty Pants how about you take your freedom and go Purchase a AR15 "I will give you the money for this and it does not say LEO or Government Use Only" Made let's say last year, hell let's even go back to 1995 with a collapsible stock, no block, bayonet lug, and a barrel with a flash suppressor that can be changed out and why you are at it how about some 20rd and 30rd Mags. Or in your case a SKS or AK47 Then you tell me were your freedom purchased this Rifle from.
Why do you think when someone buys a Rifle that is listed as a PreBan the first thing the buyer asks for is the Serial Number? Because you cannot purchase a Rifle free from any Bans or Laws made after Sept. 1994. Were is our Freedom on that? I tell you were it is Washington DC in the form on a Bill that states you cannot buy the Rifle exactly the way you want it with the features you could have received on it before Sept 1994 same thing for the 20rd and 30rd Mags.
Until that damn Bill is dead we do not have all of our Freedom!!!
So save your speech for the anti-gunners!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:43:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#27]
(Neville)watson99, You seem like the person who, if you and a friend were being chased by a pack of wild dogs, would push his friend down so the dogs would get be distracted and attack him first. Then, sure as hell, the dogs would come after you again and take you down, and you'd curse your misfortune. In short, you are france.

You keep talking about what you want to do like it's some wise or noble plan. It's not. It's about as well thought out as some of the troll posters who pop up around here. It's an idiotic position. Why? Because, again, there has NEVER been one case where giving in to the anti-gun crowd has resulted in them giving up on their quest to take away all of our guns. All you are doing is ceding ground - and it's not a tactical ploy to gain greater success - it's a defeatist idea to save your 'pet' cause.

Either you are unable to comprehend that, or you just want to 'help' US manufacturers so much that you're willing to sell out whoever you need to in order to help them.

So, save your attacks for someone who falls for illogical rants. Check the link I gave above. 198 people so far have voted. One vote is in your favor. The voter said he did that as a joke. Ask yourself why no one here thinks your plan is good.

And do me a favor -  maybe you can enlighten me with your wisdom:

Name ONE instance where our side agreeing to give up a certain gun related freedom (NFA of 34, '68 import ban, 94 ban, etc) has has made the anti gunners stop trying to take away the freeoms we still had. Just one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#28]
TomJefferson said "The basis of your guys arguments is would you compromise or hold firm. The liberals have done this many times especially in allowing the Mini 14 to slip through while hitting all other mag fed rifles."

Let us not forget that Bill Ruger (may he rot in Hell) was instrumental in writing this legislation.  We should show Sturm Ruger the same power of our pocketbooks we showed S&W when they caved in.  I know I will never buy another Ruger product.

But also, it looks like President Bush is going to screw us (if given the chance) on the AWB.  We need to let him know, we gun owners put him in office, and we can withdraw that support just as quickly.  

Not only should we write the Pres with our displeasure, we should write the Republican National Committee.  I did.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#29]
After Wayne's "interview" on CNN and the video from the NRA-ILA web site do you think that the NRA will keep it's promise?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I get a kick out of the conscientious objectors on this site. Let's tally it up. We refuse to join the NRA because it is not perfect. Even though it won the last two election cycles. We are boycotting the following, Smith & Wesson, even though the HUD agreement is not being enforced, Ruger, even thought the old man said he made a mistake before he died, Glock, because one executive opened his big mouth, Colt, because they made only PC guns for several years, K-Mart, because they stopped selling handgun ammo even though tens of thousands of new shooters buy their first gun there, Wal-Mart because the cashiers ask required ammo questions........
What did I forget? Please remind me!...........

I we need the NRA! If you want to change it join and help it change! Politicians, especially democrats fear the NRA! [red][b]Stop boycotting our way of life out of existence![/b][/red] Show how much buying power you have! Write letters make your self heard. Complaining gets nothing done. How many new shooters did you recruit this month? How many guns did you help new shooters buy? What organization such as the Boyscouts that teach kids to shoot have you joined? Sitting around on this site commiserating with the old grouchy men gets nothing done.

Memo to self: Buy a new gun if funds are available, buy ammo, go to range use ammo, bring new shooter, help new shooter buy new gun, join private range or gun club, offer services to Boyscouts, join NRA, GOA, or Jews for the preservation of Firearms, vote, write politicians, write to newspapers, become unpaid firearms ambassador to the world! MIKE.
View Quote

Stop boycotting our way of life out of existence--far and away, that's the most intelligent thing I've read on this thread.

BTW, I think if you boycott S&W, you also have to boycott Kimber--they get forgings from S&W. If you boycott Ruger, don't buy Big Bertha golf clubs--Ruger Investment Castings makes them.

All of this infighting makes Sarah Bardy's job that much easier. That said, why continue it? Aren't we all pretty much in agreement?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Poll added.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
TomJefferson said "The basis of your guys arguments is would you compromise or hold firm. The liberals have done this many times especially in allowing the Mini 14 to slip through while hitting all other mag fed rifles."

Let us not forget that Bill Ruger (may he rot in Hell) was instrumental in writing this legislation.  We should show Sturm Ruger the same power of our pocketbooks we showed S&W when they caved in.  I know I will never buy another Ruger product.
View Quote
You don't have a fucking clue about what you are posting.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You are talking like I am an Liberal, open your eyes, I own a SKS myself.
What is your problem? These cheap imported Rifles are hurting us and the American Firearm Companies!
View Quote

They are also helping arm Americans who otherwise could not afford it...

I am 100% for the American Firearm Manufacturing Companies first are you?
I am evening planning on buying a Aug if I can get one, so how am I against all the imported Firearms?  
I own a Beneli also, let me see here well hell it is made in Italy, damn me for owning that gun, is that your thought now?
Remember one thing you need to take care of your Country and its People, Firearm Manufacturing Companies first! Then you can spread the wealth to the foreign countries and buy the imports.
View Quote

So you support a Regulation to ban their import!! Get a clue!! You advocate banning imports, depriving some citizens their right of self defense. You advocate govt. intervention!! You ARE a liberal!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I've said it before...
as far as the "sporting purposes" go, I am all for "Tactical Shoooting Aerobics!!!"
Give me an M4 and some camouflage, and we can train/workout in the woods!!!
:)
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#35]
There should be No law taking ANY firearm away from private hands. Its not up to the government to tell anyone what they can and cant have.Ya want the AWB to go away.... then do something about it....one way or another.....vote it away.....if that doesnt work then treat it like the beer can you plink .....they nibble at our rights....bite back.......telling you that you cant have hicap mags.......telling you that your not allowed to have certain features to me is the same as knocking on my door and telling me they need to collect my guns......they are depriving me of my right.....if ya dont want a UK...or an OZ.....make them understand that you are willing to do what ever you have to do to get your rights back  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#36]
What is all this crying about "the NRA should do this, if the NRA doesn't do that, I'll drop my membership if the NRA doesn't do this"????????? If you are a NRA member good for you! If you are not a NRA member SHAME on you! No matter if you are or are not YOU still have the responsiblity to write, call, fax, email, and meet in person with your elected officials letting them know what YOU want. Just because you are a member in the NRA does not mean that you don't have to lobby yourself! If you aren't a member and you just sit back on your fat ass and bitch about what a rip off the NRA is, well shame on you. You still should be lobbying your officials!

Ever wonder why it seems like the liberal jackasses are alway gaining ground? THEY BITCH THE LOUDEST! How many times have you contacted your officials in the last month? Mine know me by first name and when I contact them they KNOW what is on my mind before the conversation even starts.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Is the NRA having any effect???

From the San Diego Union-Tribune
Law expires in '04; some say, so what

By Dana Wilkie
COPLEY NEWS SERVICE

May 27, 2003

WASHINGTON – If Congress allows the nation's decade-old assault-weapons ban to expire next year – which seems likely – then the prospect raises an important question: What would a world without an assault-weapons ban look like?

Brace yourself: It won't look much different.

That's the opinion of many experts about the 1994 ban that enraged gun supporters, elated gun-control advocates, created high drama in Congress and arguably led to the Election Day defeat of some who supported it.

Gun manufacturers have created legal weapons nearly identical to those that were outlawed, and federal studies indicate the law had little effect on crime. This has led gun-control advocates to wonder whether the ban went far enough, and gun-rights supporters to suggest that such laws do little more than boost the profiles of lawmakers such as Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

The California Democrat said she believes the ban she wrote and shepherded through Congress nearly 10 years ago has helped make America's streets safer.

"If you're a drive-by shooter, do you go out with a .38-caliber revolver?" she asked. "I don't think so. You just point (an assault weapon) out the window and pump away . . . and you're bound to hit somebody. What kind of a gun is that for civilian society?"

The assault-weapons ban outlaws the sale and possession of 19 types of firearms by name, and a host of others that have certain characteristics. It will expire Sept. 13, 2004, unless Congress passes a Feinstein bill that would make it permanent.

President Bush said he would support extending the ban, but he is not pressing for a vote from congressional conservatives, who don't want Republicans to weigh in on the politically touchy matter just before the election.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said the president "is focused on the current legislative agenda" in Congress, rather than lobbying for the ban's extension.

Kristen Rand, legislative policy director for the Violence Policy Center, which supports the ban, said she believes Bush felt comfortable supporting an extension because he knew conservatives would never let it pass.

"Any candidate identified as pro-assault weapon is going to be viewed with skepticism by a big portion of the electorate, and probably most importantly suburban women" and independents who are key voters in next year's election, Rand said.

While polls show a majority of Americans support the ban, the weapons continue to be easily available. That's because gun manufacturers can produce virtually the same type of weapon and still comply with the law.

For instance, the ban outlaws semiautomatic rifles that have detachable magazines with more than 10 rounds of ammunition, and that have at least two other characteristics.

Among those are: A folding stock, which allows the gun to collapse for easier storage; a flash suppressor, which reduces the muzzle flash that can impede night-time vision; and a pistol grip, which makes it easier to steady the rifle against the shoulder.

Many manufacturers simply got rid of the banned characteristics and created nearly identical guns. Even some gun-control groups say the ban has been largely ineffective for that reason.

California's assault-weapons ban prevents the making of so-called "copy cat" firearms. Feinstein wants a similar law for the nation, but she said she cannot get it passed in the GOP-controlled Congress.
[b]
"I clearly don't have the votes for even a straight (extension of the ban) right now," said Feinstein,[/b] who plans to pressure colleagues with a binder showing all crimes involving assault weapons in their districts.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms figures show that in 1993, 8.2 percent of guns used in crimes were assault weapons. By November 1996, that figure had fallen to 3.2 percent.

But that doesn't mean the assault-weapons ban reduced crime, gun-owners' groups said. Two studies by the Department of Justice – published in 1999 and 2001 – found no evidence that the ban had reduced the number of gunshot victims or gun incidents involving multiple victims – a chief goal for those who supported the ban.

Joe Waldron, executive director of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, said the ban is superficial but it helped Feinstein win a tough 1994 campaign against former Rep. Michael Huffington.

"This is a purely cosmetic rifle ban," Waldron said. "The features involved have no practical impact one way or the other."

Said Feinstein: "I would pass the strongest possible regulatory law I could, but I can't get it passed. The question is, do we do nothing and allow guns . . . that are designed to be military weapons . . . on our streets?"

If extending the ban would have little effect, as some experts say, why worry if it's extended?
[b]
For groups such as the National Rifle Association, it's a matter of getting rid of what it considers a useless law. Every gun-control law is a step toward what the NRA says is the ultimate goal of gun-control advocates: Preventing Americans from owning any firearms.

"The agenda is to incrementally chip away at the rights of all law-abiding Americans, regardless of whether (gun-control laws) have a substantive impact on reducing crime," said Andrew Arulanandam, an NRA spokesman. [/b]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Something to think about. Maybe we can make the ban go away and we can get those evil features back. But the one thing I want back more then anything else is the magazines with capacities over 10 rounds. Now who is to say the companies will make them again. I doubt Ruger will bring out magazines with higher capacites. Would Glock or Smith and Wesson? Just a thought.
View Quote

I think the majors will bring the 10+ mags back. All of them are money oriented, and that's where the money is going to be. If the majors don't do it, the after market, and OEMs will do it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#39]
No compromise!  Never, ever compromise.  We have compromised ourselves into the position we are in today, always trying to be "reasonable".  Well, it is time to forget that foolishness, it does not work.

---
LARRYG:  Aww, it is not worth it.  I will save my energies for something worthwhile.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top