Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2016 1:24:31 PM EDT
So, I'm not sure who fits my views the closest and thought I'd get some opinions...

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Trump. I like some of what he says, and am not fond of other things. Personally, I don't think he would be able to function as a respectful adult when dealing with the rest of the world, and while that alone doesn't turn me away, I do think it is an issue. I'm also NOT a fan of the left at all, especially Hilary, whom I think should be rotting in jail hell. It's pretty disgusting, IMO, that she's even attempting to run. So, where do I fall and who fits my ideals the closest (I doubt anyone is perfect)?

I'm obviously pro-2A. I fully support constitutional carry. I would NEVER support anyone that wants to infringe on those rights.
I'm a fan of 1A and speak my mind freely. See above
Fiscally, I fall on the conservative side. Yep. That.
I am NOT a fan of abortion for repetitive birth control purposes, however, I do support it for women who are raped, or have a situation where pregnancy/birth would be life threatening. A woman's body and all that.
I am for gay marriage. I mean, why not? I have a number of gay friends and they deserve the same rights I have (IMO).
I'm not religious. So, generally, I'm not a fan of laws made solely to follow religious beliefs. Separation of church and state and whatnot.
I couldn't care less about legalizing weed. Personally, I've *never* smoked it, but I do know a lot about it, and honestly, alcohol poses far more risks clinically, psychologically and just plain realistically, so I really don't care if it's legalized.
I do think our justice system needs major reform. Can we finally execute pedophiles?!?
Stop the illegals! Now!
ACA/ObamaCare might be the worst thing to ever happen to this country. However, otherwise, our healthcare system is ridiculous and needs overhaul.
I can't stand Obama. Period.

Did I miss anything?

For the record, I'm not trying to start a debate about where I'm right or wrong in my current beliefs. I'm simply genuinely curious who I should look at as a potential candidate to support? I'm not afraid to support an independent (I did last time). I realize they won't win because so many people would rather vote against the other side than for the person that's the best fit for their values, but I find it hard to simply choose the lesser of two evils...  

So, advice (other than telling me I'm a hippy and should move back to Austin)?

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You're going to have to choose between Trump. Sanders, and Bloomberg.

Life sucks. Get used to it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd vote for Trump over Sanders any day...  
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Cant stump the Trump. But aparently healthcare paperwork is too much for Ted Snooze lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, I'm not sure who fits my views the closest and thought I'd get some opinions...

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Trump. I like some of what he says, and am not fond of other things. Personally, I don't think he would be able to function as a respectful adult when dealing with the rest of the world, and while that alone doesn't turn me away, I do think it is an issue. I'm also NOT a fan of the left at all, especially Hilary, whom I think should be rotting in jail hell. It's pretty disgusting, IMO, that she's even attempting to run. So, where do I fall and who fits my ideals the closest (I doubt anyone is perfect)?

I'm obviously pro-2A. I fully support constitutional carry. I would NEVER support anyone that wants to infringe on those rights.
I am NOT a fan of abortion for repetitive birth control purposes, however, I do support it for women who are raped, or have a situation where pregnancy/birth would be life threatening. A woman's body and all that.
I am for gay marriage. I mean, why not? I have a number of gay friends and they deserve the same rights I have (IMO).
I'm not religious. So, generally, I'm not a fan of laws made solely to follow religious beliefs. Separation of church and state and whatnot.
I couldn't care less about legalizing weed. Personally, I've *never* smoked it, but I do know a lot about it, and honestly, alcohol poses far more risks clinically, psychologically and just plain realistically, so I really don't care if it's legalized.
I do think our justice system needs major reform. Can we finally execute pedophiles?!?
Stop the illegals! Now!
ACA/ObamaCare might be the worst thing to ever happen to this country. However, otherwise, our healthcare system is ridiculous and needs overhaul.

Did I miss anything?

For the record, I'm not trying to start a debate about where I'm right or wrong in my current beliefs. I'm simply genuinely curious who I should look at as a potential candidate to support? I'm not afraid to support an independent (I did last time). I realize they won't win because so many people would rather vote against the other side than for the person that's the best fit for their values, but I find it hard to simply choose the lesser of two evils...  

View Quote

I already subscribed to your newsletter. I have the same dilemma.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That just leaves for you to decide between voting for Trump or Michael Bloomberg.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Jeb or Hillary?

Pretty sure this will be the choice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]
The GOPe has always in the past instructed everyone to happily and enthusiastically vote for whomever wins the GOP nomination.

I am certain they will be consistent with that rock-solid view they've held in the past, should Trump win the nomination.

So, if he does win the nomination, you should vote for Trump, no questions asked. Chess, not checkers!
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That just leaves for you to decide between voting for Trump or Michael Bloomberg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't be a vote for Trump, it would be a vote against Gloomberg, I never got over the high capacity soda feeding devices he banned.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Going over your list, I would say that the Dems are definitely not in your picture. That leaves Trump, Rubio or Cruz. Ask yourself if Rubio or Cruz has a realistic chance of getting  the needed electoral votes to win. I say only Trump has that chance, and he fall inline with most of what you believe and want.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The GOPe has always in the past instructed everyone to happily and enthusiastically vote for whomever wins the GOP nomination.

I am certain they will be consistent with that rock-solid view they've held in the past, should Trump win the nomination.

So, if he does win the nomination, you should vote for Trump, no questions asked. Chess, not checkers!
View Quote

I'd vote for him, I couldn't stand to see Bernie's wife as the first Wal-Mart hottie in the white the white house.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, it looks like you're a libertarian-leaning Republican. You need to suck it up and vote for the GOP nominee, Trump or not.

Note that this is coming from an extreme libertarian who doesn't even consider himself a Republican.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Going over your list, I would say that the Dems are definitely not in your picture. That leaves Trump, Rubio or Cruz. Ask yourself if Rubio or Cruz has a realistic chance of getting  the needed electoral votes to win. I say only Trump has that chance, and he fall inline with most of what you believe and want.
View Quote

Cruz could do it. Of the three, he's actually the only one with a real "ground game", in terms of a campaign organization that has been built to mobilize his base in the both the primaries and general election.

You could argue that Trump doesn't need such an organization, but that's a gamble.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Rand Paul  
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#15]
"I'm obviously pro-2A. I fully support constitutional carry. I would NEVER support anyone that wants to infringe on those rights."

Every person who is running that isn't a Republican has already stated that they want to infringe on those rights.
So vote Republican.  If gun rights are your top issue then there is no dilemma.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Heard on the radio last night that in a poll rubio would win MN over Hillery if he was the nominee. Trump would make MN go Hillery....
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#17]
The chances of getting anyone who supports even close to what The O.P. listed there is pretty remote. Bottom line is we're staring another Clinton in the Whitehouse right in the face. No Clinton, Sanders is right there too. Unless they can implode Trump it looks like he'll be the opposition. Unless you want those two in Ya better vote Trump. We have two terms of Barry O because we thought McCain was a turd and Palin was stupid, Romney a tool. Maybe they were, but did you enjoy two terms of Barry O?

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm voting Rand Paul in the primary.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Stop the illegals! Now!

Did I miss anything?

View Quote

Fiscally conservative, but lacking a moral compass.  Sounds like you should write in some Libertarian who has no chance of winning.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Stop the illegals! Now!

Did I miss anything?

View Quote

Fiscally conservative, but lacking a moral compass.  Sounds like you should write in some Libertarian who has no chance of winning.

ETA.....Of the candidates who have a chance, Trump is likely the closest candidate to your values.    
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

OP, it looks like you're a libertarian-leaning Republican. You need to suck it up and vote for the GOP nominee, Trump or not.

Note that this is coming from an extreme libertarian who doesn't even consider himself a Republican.
View Quote

This.

One of the two is gonna be pres.

That's just how it is. Morals, attitudes, ideals be damned.

deal with it.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#22]
go to isidewith and take the quiz.

register for the primaries and vote for the candidate that actually has a shot at winning that most closely resembles your views.

in the general vote against whoever you hate the most
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow. The hubris of religious people.

Quoted:
Fiscally conservative, but lacking a moral compass.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I consider myself to be pretty conservative but pretty tolerant of non conservatives on social issues (they can take up for themselves on abortion).  That being said, I would vote for a bum on the street before I voted for 99% of the candidates that the modern democrat party will run.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop the illegals! Now!

Did I miss anything?

I'll take an oar too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Uh oh
Trump 87% lol
Paul
Cruz
Fiorina
Carson
Bush
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm voting Rand Paul in the primary.
View Quote

rand is my first choice but i am voting against trump in the primary so cruz is getting my vote
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

If Trump is the nominee, it's would be no different than voting for any other Progressive.

We need a constitutional conservative, not Obummer 2.0.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If Trump is the nominee, it's would be no different than voting for any other Progressive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.

It would bring the GOP to its knees, which is exactly what's needed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop the illegals! Now!

Did I miss anything?

How *exactly* did you determine that I have no moral compass? I have better morals than most people you will meet, so I'm really curious what you're basing that ignorant assumption on...
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

You side with the guy that believes the second amendment doesn't cover semi automatic firearms?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You side with the guy that believes the second amendment doesn't cover semi automatic firearms?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not intentionally. That's just what came up on the poll. I don't know a lot about Ben Carson...
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Cant stump the Trump. But aparently healthcare paperwork is too much for Ted Snooze lol
View Quote

Health insurance is hard.  Citizenship is hard.  Liquidating is hard.  Filling out government forms is hard.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fiscally conservative, but lacking a moral compass.  

There are three moral axis everyone uses, but in different ratios.

Well being/harm
Justice/injustice
Divinity/disgust

Primary moral axis, economic school, political ideology are all so strongly correlated as to be the same thing.

Divinity/disgust is the conservative axis, harm/well being is the liberal, justice/injustice is the third wheel in American two-party politics, it's a fractured axis but correlates to libertarianism.

Anyway, point being people with different primaries often perceive each other as immoral, particularly when you're talking about a primary/tertiary reversal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Trump. Don't listen to all the liberals here
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Health insurance is hard.  Citizenship is hard.  Liquidating is hard.  Filling out government forms is hard.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think any of these paperwork errors are particularly substantive, but it is odd that a reputedly brilliant lawyer is making them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
Trump's running against the "GOPe" so he can just drop the "e" when he does a third-party run if he doesn't get the nomination.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How *exactly* did you determine that I have no moral compass? I have better morals than most people you will meet, so I'm really curious what you're basing that ignorant assumption on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop the illegals! Now!

Did I miss anything?

You don't care about weed or fags getting, ergo you're moral degenerate. At least in flashole's view of what constitutes morality.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you'll vote for HILLARY

Go back Austin you Hippy
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't think any of these paperwork errors are particularly substantive, but it is odd that a reputedly brilliant lawyer is making them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or building false narratives around them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#43]

What he said.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Go back Austin you Hippy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go back Austin you Hippy

Never, ever, would I vote for her. Ever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Constitution party looks interesting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You don't care about weed or fags getting, ergo you're moral degenerate. At least in flashole's view of what constitutes morality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop the illegals! Now!

Did I miss anything?

I see. My views don't fit his narrowly acceptable views of morality. I MUST be a degenerate. Sounds legit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Constitution party looks interesting.
View Quote

Do tell...
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

funny how you are not a trump supporter but get 92% with him. when i do that quiz my highest is about 80% of course i always open all the questions and other stances and even write my own on a couple of them.

my recommendation for you would be to vote for cruz in the primary. carson will not be nominated and cruz is your next best bet.

For the general just vote for the candidate that is not a democrat with the best poll numbers
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#49]
republicans assume that Libertarian party votes should have been republican votes, if only the voters would have just got on board.

Vote Libertarian, and give the republicans a tangible target for their anguished feelings.

Think of it as a relief valve for their feels. Like a public service.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not picking on you directly but this is a 180 degrees opposite I remember reading from professed 'Libertarians' with regards to 2008, 2012 and the VA Governor's race. You are correct by the way but I do recognize other 'Libertarian' purists who refused to consider the GOP candidate in place of RonPaul, Gary Johnson and Sarvis.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top