User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lot of stress trying to achieve and maintain a lifestyle  that generations had before them, not to mention carving it out of horrible economy drenched in political correctness that emphasizes white guilt, and legalized racism against them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The knee in this curve is around 1999, when the Dot Com bubble burst, globalism really got going, and the American Dream truly died.

Since this time real median adjusted incomes have fallen, and so many businesses have failed.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#3]
This is exactly what the Ted Turners, Bill Gates and Warren Buffetts of the world want: Get 30 - 40 good years out of the serfs and then have them pitch over.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lots of cancer deaths in my age group. Three guys I retired with (that I know of)  are dead and buried already from it. None were smokers either.  

View Quote

I know 3 people battling cancer right now. Before now I have never had a friend or family member fighting cancer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#6]
People are fucking fat
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
People are fucking fat
View Quote

Does the article mention that only fat people are dying early. I think if that was the case it wouldn't be much of a story.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A lot of stress trying to achieve and maintain a lifestyle  that generations had before them, not to mention carving it out of horrible economy drenched in political correctness that emphasizes white guilt, and legalized racism against them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Stress, depression and overwork, all self-medicated, leads to poor health.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#10]
All that bacon and ham white folks eat, its killing em.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Suicides and drug abusers croaking early? Good riddance.
View Quote

You forgot to mention alcoholics/excessive drinking and sedentary lifestyles.  But still I believe there is a portion of the problem that can be blamed on the overall phoniness and low-opportunity nature of our economy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I've lost three guys from my immediate peer group (pilots in their 50's from the same airline background in the same position).

I KNOW I'm more stressed on a daily basis than I should be.  I don't know why.  My job isn't any more stressful than it has been for ten years, I exercise a lot (still 30 lbs overweight due to craft beer) and am reasonably financially well off.  I get way more time off than any 9-5'er or anyone with a "normal" job.

I just feel a stress about something over the horizion.  Too much infrmation, maybe?  The Ex and I used to talk current events and watch news non-stop and I wasn't this stressed.  Now, I watch ESPN or CNBC briefly to see if the world is crumbling. I spend time on GD listening to Diana Krall.

What is wrong with me/us?

TC
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Being the glue that holds society together, all while being hated for it, is a tough life.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We're just late to the party. Everyone else has been dying young for years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would have guessed fatness. My friends can't walk well because of weight, and my grandma would walk miles well into her 90s.

Diabetes, hypertension, depression: I still blame weight.

Yup. Shitty American diet causing metabolic syndrome.

And  this only happens to white guys?

This.

TC
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#15]
The articles says:

Analyzing health and mortality data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and from other sources, they concluded that rising annual death rates among this group are being driven not by the big killers like heart disease and diabetes but by an epidemic of suicides and afflictions stemming from substance abuse: alcoholic liver disease and overdoses of heroin and prescription opioids.

Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Finally something to make the millenials smile. Maybe something else will come along and us old folks will die off a little faster. Can't happen quick enough for some of you though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is exactly what the Ted Turners, Bill Gates and Warren Buffetts of the world want: Get 30 - 40 good years out of the serfs and then have them pitch over.
View Quote

That's what happened to our blue-collar ancestors. Work at the GM stamping plant from 18-40 then sit in the recliner, smoking and drinking beer all day till you die at 46.

In the '80's and '90's, the miracle of Western Health Care kicked in and GM's retirees started living 30-40 years AFTER retiring and it bankrupted the pension (and now the healthcare) system.  If they could only find a way to get blue collar workers to go back to dying at 46...problem solved!

TC
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Simple, "white lives" don't matter, you didn't know?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Too many hamplanets and buttergolems out there. They're eating too much crap and excersizing way too little. Duh.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Finally something to make the millenials smile. Maybe something else will come along and us old folks will die off a little faster. Can't happen quick enough for some of you though.
View Quote

Lol...  It's right under your nose--Obamacare.

That will lower the average lifespan.

TC
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Too many hamplanets and buttergolems out there. They're eating too much crap and excersizing way too little. Duh.
View Quote

Yep and legalizing pot, that ought to do it
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#22]
All the people blaming weight, you know that black/latino people are fat too, right?

Those things are already factored in. These are younger(relatively) white boys getting killed off faster than before by some unknown entity.

Obviously it's The Thing with Kurt Russell.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That will lower the average lifespan.[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/img]

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will lower the average lifespan.[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/img]

TC

It will.  Obamacare will devolve into a rationing system for medical care dispensed grudgingly by providers without incentive.  Progressives won't believe this and will be unable to see or understand as the degradation occurs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would have guessed fatness. My friends can't walk well because of weight, and my grandma would walk miles well into her 90s.

This.

TC

Exactly.  Remember when Jackie Gleason was the fat guy?

Most of the white collar, middle-aged men I work with in the software industry are much heavier than Gleason.

And Cannon?

Not so big at all by today's standards.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not that it would actually happen, but if White people died out, all their detractors would have to pick up the tab for everything.  LOL
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That may be. But when I look out the office window ten stories up I see hundreds of people walking to and from their jobs and most aren't fat. When I leave its a rat race with tens of thousands of cars trying to get home. I was guessing work related stress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Working too hard?

lol

Maybe for a few. I'm gonna go with being fat asses.

That may be. But when I look out the office window ten stories up I see hundreds of people walking to and from their jobs and most aren't fat. When I leave its a rat race with tens of thousands of cars trying to get home. I was guessing work related stress.

Obesity is a problem, but lots of heavy set Hispanics and Blacks too!.  I wonder what the percentage would be by racial group.  I have never seen a fat Asian in person.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]
its all that white privilege that's causing them to die.
their existence is racist.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All that bacon and ham white folks eat, its killing em.
View Quote

....Whites were eating bacon and ham before 1999...........................
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The articles says:

Analyzing health and mortality data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and from other sources, they concluded that rising annual death rates among this group are being driven not by the big killers like heart disease and diabetes but by an epidemic of suicides and afflictions stemming from substance abuse: alcoholic liver disease and overdoses of heroin and prescription opioids.

Sounds about right.
View Quote

....White Americans are becoming Russians.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Couldn't have anything to do with being over weight and living an inactive life could it?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Mother Nature is cleaning house...

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point. Some white Americans are fat but most are still good workers and in decent shape. This is not about diet. Things are actually getting healthy in our foods as people become aware of bad stuff in food. Shit for decades eggs were terrible for you and killing us. Now they say they were wrong and eggs are one of the best things we can eat.  This has nothing to do with food. Many other problems are killing us.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#33]
It's the long-term detrimental health effects of our priviledge. Serves us right.

ETA: crap. beat by only 6 hours.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Working too hard?
View Quote
Doesn't help that they have 3-4 FSA on there backs too.  

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It helps to read the article.

"They concluded that taken together, suicides, drugs and alcohol explained the overall increase in deaths. The effect was largely confined to people with a high school education or less. In that group, death rates rose by 22 percent while they actually fell for those with a college education."

So, less affluent, less educated underachievers.

Cool. The gene pool cleans itself.

But I'd love to hear more whining about how hard life is these days.  
View Quote

If they weren't White, you would be screaming about how we have to do something and guilt tripping the rest of us.

But White people are killing themselves? Good, fuck them, says 2minkey.

No racism there... None at all.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If they weren't White, you would be screaming about how we have to do something and guilt tripping the rest of us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It helps to read the article.

"They concluded that taken together, suicides, drugs and alcohol explained the overall increase in deaths. The effect was largely confined to people with a high school education or less. In that group, death rates rose by 22 percent while they actually fell for those with a college education."

So, less affluent, less educated underachievers.

Cool. The gene pool cleans itself.

But I'd love to hear more whining about how hard life is these days.  

What a bunch of lame shitcan assumptions.

Yeah I'm gonna guilt trip poor little you. LOL. Guilt trip about what? Do you feel guilty about something?

Yeah the life expectancy of the black man ain't so great. Whatever. That's not my problem either.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Jesus. Hit it out of the park.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grand slam.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:53:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Busting your ass to provide for moochers will kill a person?

Huh.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:56:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much what I was gonna say.  Between instant pre-prepared foods, and a trendy lethargic lifestyle we've become a nation of lard-asses.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:03:19 AM EDT
[#40]
You're telling me you don't get milk from a cow by beating it to death?

Huh.  Whoulda thunk it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:10:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Grand slam.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grand slam.

Broke the bat in four places.
Blue whistler.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:27:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Recreational illegal drug use, behaviors leading to addiction and our societal views about wrong and right.............probably had a lot to do with it.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 3:01:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Are fat fuck scooter sales on the rise?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:02:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Society has devolved - people raised by a leftist .gov are weaker mentally and physically.  Sedentary lifestyle + shit food = shit health.  Importing tons of cheap labor means much more competition, whereas guys who were generally f-ups in the 40s and 50s could still live the american dream.  Their kids, unless motivated, cannot.  Drugs everywhere, legal and otherwise - in my parents day (born in the 20s) alcohol wasnt widespread in their schools.  Drugs didnt exist in their social circles, which was very average for the day and they lived all over the country.

Eat healthy, go to the gym, hit the library, get in the great outdoors (preferably with a gun) and generally be the left's worst nightmare, thats my motto.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Obama-nomics at work.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

According to the article (yeah, I read it) it's mostly suicides and drug abuse.

So my instincts in the first post are right: Too much bullshit to handle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Working too hard?

lol

Maybe for a few. I'm gonna go with being fat asses.

According to the article (yeah, I read it) it's mostly suicides and drug abuse.

So my instincts in the first post are right: Too much bullshit to handle.

Bingo
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top