Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It brings me great sadness that I will likely never get to cast a meaningful vote for that man.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
After watching that video...I have a lot more respect for Cruz. He really knows what he's talking about.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That we're fucked as a country? Yes, I disagree.  I don't disagree with Cruz's assessment of Congressional priorities.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
for the ADD crowd, in summary

Too many republicans are corrupted by large donors to put up any fight against the liberals. The Republicans(Bahner and Mcconnell) are designing bogus voting procedures against obamacare, Iran, amensty etc. Its nothing but a show at this point while they rob the USA and us of everything they can-future be damned.

For the ultra ADD crowd, in summary

We are fucked as a conservative, free country led by the Constitution.

Well, it isn't that bad.  He's just saying that the number of Republicans who actually really believe in the things Republicans campaign on is around 50-60 at best (combined House and Senate) - and that the rest of the GOP doesn't care about anything but getting reelected and getting their time at the trough.  On the plus side though, that is also probably about 10 times higher than the number has been in the last 30 years.

Do you disagree?

That we're fucked as a country? Yes, I disagree.  I don't disagree with Cruz's assessment of Congressional priorities.

With congressional priorities being what they are, how do we fix our biggest problems as a country currently?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
a voice crying in the wilderness
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
That was an outstanding speech, and Ted Cruz is a true patriot.  He absolutely deserves a role in leading the country.

The problem is with the audience, not the speaker.  For many, he is preaching to the choir; there were no surprising revelations there.  A whole lot of folks know or at least suspect things are every bit as bad as he's saying.  Another group, of course, is the Left, who sit by and snicker at what they consider his feeble attempts at change.  Then there is the ramrod-stiff GOP establishment, who consider him a traitor for trying to tip the apple cart while smugly resting atop their own perceived superiority.

The rest?  A mishmash of those who just don't care, those who do but are willing to accept "guess that's just the way it is", and a bunch who roar furiously from the recliner about the injustice of it all before nodding off to sleep.

Cruz is absolutely right, and hit enough nails on the head to build a small house during that one-hour speech.  Unfortunately he presents an image somewhere between a satin-finished politician and a low-key TV evangelist, and it's not enough to overcome the inertia of a foundering Republic.  This country needs a good swift kick in the ass, and the Progressives bringing it down need to be stomped into the dust.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good speech, Cruz remains my number one candidate.
View Quote

Agreed, I would be the first on election day to cast my vote. Sadly this isn't about right or wrong, or maintaining our morals, no, it's like Ted spoke of, $$$ and I think the Trump love is the fact he will say what he thinks, could care less what we think, but then waffles at certain points.

We are foocked...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#7]
He took a sip of water, doesn't count.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ted Cruz is the only candidate for President that could and would make a significant difference in improving this nation if elected.

He's a truly principled Conservative and has pissed off almost everyone in DC because he's kept his word. He's doing what he said he would do when he campaigned. He's a true "political outsider" because he's demonstrated repeatedly that he will not play along with the establishment.
View Quote

What has he done?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think that's precisely the attitude that Cruz is blasting.  Those that think that way should probably just roll over and pee themselves to show submission - much like the majority of Republicans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
too little too late

I think that's precisely the attitude that Cruz is blasting.  Those that think that way should probably just roll over and pee themselves to show submission - much like the majority of Republicans.

Yawn. Where was this maverick Cruz a couple years ago? That's right, slurping the nuts of McConnell and Boehner. He has plenty of flips flops and spineless votes of his own.

Regardless, the Republic is broke and nothing will fix it....short of a revolution. The majority of our population is the reason for it. The elected are only a reflection of the true problem.,.......the people in This country who support what is going on....and over 50% do.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

With congressional priorities being what they are, how do we fix our biggest problems as a country currently?
View Quote

I don't have a pithy 140 word reply for that.  Hell, I don't even have a much longer 20 page reply.  Because of the (IMO) brilliant political system our founders devised, it will take a sustained, multi-generational effort to change the direction of this country.  Look at Hillary, she has been working her whole life towards radical leftism and still hasn't hit a quarter of the goals she used to spout off about in her radical days; but she keeps on chugging along.  People need to be willing to make that kind of commitment and look at the problem with that kind of long term thinking.

That would be one of my major problems with many in GD (and even myself a lot of the time) - they have no patience for that.  They want their dramatic change and they want it right, damn now.  The only way you are going to do that is by dismantling the system of checks and balances that makes it so difficult to get anything done in this system.  And as soon as you do that, the result will not be more freedom because that is just the nature of power and human beings.  I think one of the reasons Trump is popular because he is promising to "Do it now!" - never mind that he has no actual, practical way to do even a fraction of what he promises without completely upending the system.

But Cruz would be a good start - especially since one of the first steps is to clean out the hordes of unelected power brokers ensconced within the bureaucracy around Washington D.C.   The bureaucracy is the way the Executive and Congress processes information.  If you control the information the bureaucracy feeds to Congress and the Executive, you can control both of those branches regardless of who is in the White House.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

i 100%  fully believe we could just pick names randomly out of the phone book every year, to fill all the seats off congress, the senate, and the president..... and we would get better results than the " system " we have now....

basically run the gov like jury duty......  
View Quote
Not a bad idea Buck.

Not bad at all.

You could run it like the draft.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It brings me great sadness that I will likely never get to cast a meaningful vote for that man.
View Quote

Indeed. I hope he can stay in the race.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yawn. Where was this maverick Cruz a couple years ago? That's right, slurping the nuts of McConnell and Boehner. He has plenty of flips flops and spineless votes of his own.

Regardless, the Republic is broke and nothing will fix it....short of a revolution. The majority of our population is the reason for it. The elected are only a reflection of the true problem.,.......the people in This country who support what is going on....and over 50% do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
too little too late

He was elected to the Senate in November 2012.  He was sworn into office in January 2013.  By April 2013, Cruz was leading a filibuster attempt to stop the Senate from even debating gun control.  By September 2013 of that year, he was filibustering Obamacare.  By February 2014, he was being criticized by his own party leaders for opposing the debt ceiling. By May 2015, he was supporting an open amendment process for the NSA collection bill and supported Rand Paul's filibuster to achieve that - even though he disagreed with Paul on the contents of the legislation itself.

As for the "slurping nuts" comment:
September 2013 - McConnell and Cornyn Bust Cruz on Obamacare
Cruz and McConnell Split on Government Shutdown
Cruz Encourages House Conservatives to Oppose John Boehner
October 2013 -Cruz Blasts McConnell-Reid Deal
December 2014 - Cruz vs. Boehner as Government Shutdown Looms
July 2015 - Cruz Criticizes McConnell on Ex-Im Bank Reauthorization

Cruz has been ideologically consistent from day one.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Good speech.  Sad nothing will come of this truth.

Makes you depressed just to watch it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't have a pithy 140 word reply for that.  Hell, I don't even have a much longer 20 page reply.  Because of the (IMO) brilliant political system our founders devised, it will take a sustained, multi-generational effort to change the direction of this country.  Look at Hillary, she has been working her whole life towards radical leftism and still hasn't hit a quarter of the goals she used to spout off about in her radical days; but she keeps on chugging along.  People need to be willing to make that kind of commitment and look at the problem with that kind of long term thinking.

That would be one of my major problems with many in GD (and even myself a lot of the time) - they have no patience for that.  They want their dramatic change and they want it right, damn now.  The only way you are going to do that is by dismantling the system of checks and balances that makes it so difficult to get anything done in this system.  And as soon as you do that, the result will not be more freedom because that is just the nature of power and human beings.  I think one of the reasons Trump is popular because he is promising to "Do it now!" - never mind that he has no actual, practical way to do even a fraction of what he promises without completely upending the system.

But Cruz would be a good start - especially since one of the first steps is to clean out the hordes of unelected power brokers ensconced within the bureaucracy around Washington D.C.   The bureaucracy is the way the Executive and Congress processes information.  If you control the information the bureaucracy feeds to Congress and the Executive, you can control both of those branches regardless of who is in the White House.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even with time I think were fucked because of the populace.  No one wants REAL reform because that means some level of suffering or hurt for the majority of people.  I dont disagree with the right things happening over time it could get better, but I think our society has changed for the worse, and weve coddled and produced too many unproductive whiners who all want trophies and cushy lifestyles for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Same here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
too little too late

He was elected to the Senate in November 2012.  He was sworn into office in January 2013.  By April 2013, Cruz was leading a filibuster attempt to stop the Senate from even debating gun control.  By September 2013 of that year, he was filibustering Obamacare.  By February 2014, he was being criticized by his own party leaders for opposing the debt ceiling. By May 2015, he was supporting an open amendment process for the NSA collection bill and supported Rand Paul's filibuster to achieve that - even though he disagreed with Paul on the contents of the legislation itself.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Cruz is a true patriot. Great speech. It's tragic that listening to him conjures up images of Sisyphus straining to roll a giant boulder up a steep hill in eternal futile struggle.

Regardless, he's definitely on the top of my voting list.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agreed, with the qualifier that they not be felons, mentally challenged and must be literate we would likely be better off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i 100%  fully believe we could just pick names randomly out of the phone book every year, to fill all the seats off congress, the senate, and the president..... and we would get better results than the " system " we have now....

basically run the gov like jury duty......  

Agreed, with the qualifier that they not be felons, mentally challenged and must be literate we would likely be better off.

They must have skin in the game, maybe a current job, heaven forbid own property, something that means they aren't out for themselves. 1 term.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a lot of respect for that man. I hope it shames some of those RINOs into actually voting how their republican constituents want them too.

Fucking embarrassing....but glad he has to balls to out those pricks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

too little too late

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The success of the Left is branding. They say what people want to hear, but their views aren't grounded in any real truth. The reason Hillary hasn't accomplished a lot is because her views aren't grounded in truth, either. So the only way she can make progress is by fighting a truthful system through what amounts to brainwashing. That's difficult to do because you're constantly fighting against what people experience day-to-day. They've had to destroy the very fabric of society by appealing to the worst of humanity, but there's no intellectual basis for their beliefs. Everything is built on platitudes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Even with time I think were fucked because of the populace.  No one wants REAL reform because that means some level of suffering or hurt for the majority of people.  I dont disagree with the right things happening over time it could get better, but I think our society has changed for the worse, and weve coddled and produced too many unproductive whiners who all want trophies and cushy lifestyles for nothing.
View Quote

I can't imagine why a platform like, "Vote to make your life worse so others can profit" is doing so poorly.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
too little too late

But, but, but, he didn't do exactly what I wanted 100% of the time.  

I do, however, remember a bunch of pussies, on here, bitching about the government shutdown, and how Cruz was ruining the Republicans for doing it.  

Bitch, bitch, bitch...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ted Cruz is the only candidate for President that could and would make a significant difference in improving this nation if elected.

He's a truly principled Conservative and has pissed off almost everyone in DC because he's kept his word. He's doing what he said he would do when he campaigned. He's a true "political outsider" because he's demonstrated repeatedly that he will not play along with the establishment.
View Quote

Although I have said many times that I enjoy Trump's entertainment value, Cruz is my candidate of choice. I hope he can get to and past the primary. IMO he would make a fine prez. Unfortunately, there are far too few who want to save this country, and instead want to continue to see it swirl down the toilet. Thus, I doubt I will get the chance to vote for him, nor see him in the Oval Office.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
After watching that video...I have a lot more respect for Cruz. He really knows what he's talking about.
View Quote

If I knew he could win, I'd give up a year of pay.  I've been on team Cruz since I saw him take on Feinstein over the 2nd AWB.  The man tore her apart and never raised his voice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I can't imagine why a platform like, "Vote to make your life worse so others can profit" is doing so poorly.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not always been like that.  That platform used to represent a large majority of conservatives.  The problem is that most of the elected elite realize the gigs up, and are doing whatever they can to get theirs at this point.  And who are you kidding, its not as if your utopia doesnt have large amounts of suffrage involved.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Although I have said many times that I enjoy Trump's entertainment value, Cruz is my candidate of choice. I hope he can get to and past the primary. IMO he would make a fine prez. Unfortunately, there are far too few who want to save this country, and instead want to continue to see it swirl down the toilet. Thus, I doubt I will get the chance to vote for him, nor see him in the Oval Office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump has done a great job of illuminating the problem the current faux conservative establishment.....but he is not the answer to it.

Cruz is the best man for that job....face it he's the only man for that job.

They however control the media,finance,education,the courts,closing in on the military,medicine,jobs and food.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Its not always been like that. That platform used to represent a large majority of conservatives.  The problem is that most of the elected elite realize the gigs up, and are doing whatever they can to get theirs at this point.  And who are you kidding, its not as if your utopia doesnt have large amounts of suffrage involved.
View Quote

I think it's still an apt description of the conservative platform.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I would love to see Cruz be president, but in order for him to be president he has to be able to fund his campaign the whole way without the parties help...because they will do everything they can to make sure he doesnt get elected..even helping the liberals if needed....His speech even talks about the majority of the party working for whats best for them over whats best for the country.......

Taking small steps to turn this country around won't work..my guess is we have this election to do it...all due to the illegals and amnesty..if the liberals and the GOPe get their way and get that bill thru.....the rush by illegals to our borders will be epic....we will never ever win another election...there is no way we can.. hell, we may not be able to now....but our future depends on stopping amnesty and stopping the incursion of illegals....I am but a simple man, not near as smart as most of you..but surely someone must have ideas on how we right this country? How we get men like Cruz into office, how we remove the others who don't have this countries best interest at heart?

It's also obvious that Boehner put off his retirement until the end of October to make sure the Iran deal goes thru...Somehow that deal needs to stop as well or we are going to see nukes in the hands of terrorist...what a sad state of affairs for our country...The people involved in this should face tar,feathers, and a rope the length of main street.....somehow, someway, lobbyist dollars have to be removed from influencing our politicians...and thus controlling the party and the country.....We need to come together, work together right now to save this country...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not always been like that. That platform used to represent a large majority of conservatives.  The problem is that most of the elected elite realize the gigs up, and are doing whatever they can to get theirs at this point.  And who are you kidding, its not as if your utopia doesnt have large amounts of suffrage involved.

And you'd know this how?  Youre a self admitted antithiest who believes in some made up abortion of socialism and statism...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And you'd know this how?  Youre a self admitted antithiest who believes in some made up abortion of socialism and statism...
View Quote

How do I know what another group's platform is?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Outstanding...and sad at the same time...he will get my vote...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Tagged for later...
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#36]

That was the vote for the Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Motion to Proceed on H.J. Res. 59 (the House budget bill that Cruz was attempting to rally Senate Republicans against).  On the actual Motion to Invoke Cloture on H.J. Res 59, Cruz voted NO, just as he had encouraged other Republicans to do.

This link explains the process better: Although not explicitly provided for in Senate rules, it has become common practice for the majority leader to make a motion to proceed to consider a measure, immediately file cloture on that motion, and then withdraw the motion to proceed. This allows the Senate to conduct other floor business while the cloture petition is “running” in the background. At the time appointed by Rule XXII, the cloture petition on the motion to proceed is automatically laid before the Senate for a vote."  

Cruz was not voting to allow cloture on H.J. Res 59 in Vote #205.  He was voting to allow the Senate to continue to other business while the cloture motion ripened.  Of course, CNN I'm sure had no alternate agenda in choosing to report this obscure bit of Senate procedure in that fashion.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#37]
This will never get the circulation and mass attention span is richly deserves.

TED CRUZ in TWO THOUSAND AND MOTHER FUCKING SIXTEEN
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
too little too late

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
a voice crying in the wilderness
View Quote

Indeed. This is a great speech. It is heartbreaking to listen to him tell the truth and know that so many castigate him.

Cruz 2016
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That was the vote for the Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Motion to Proceed on H.J. Res. 59 (the House budget bill that Cruz was attempting to rally Senate Republicans against).  On the actual Motion to Invoke Cloture on H.J. Res 59, Cruz voted NO, just as he had encouraged other Republicans to do.

This link explains the process better: Although not explicitly provided for in Senate rules, it has become common practice for the majority leader to make a motion to proceed to consider a measure, immediately file cloture on that motion, and then withdraw the motion to proceed. This allows the Senate to conduct other floor business while the cloture petition is “running” in the background. At the time appointed by Rule XXII, the cloture petition on the motion to proceed is automatically laid before the Senate for a vote."  

Cruz was not voting to allow cloture on H.J. Res 59 in Vote #205.  He was voting to allow the Senate to continue to other business while the cloture motion ripened.  Of course, CNN I'm sure had no alternate agenda in choosing to report this obscure bit of Senate procedure in that fashion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

People confuse that vote, same as they confuse the TPA and TPP vote. Keeping up with all this stuff is exhausting, but has to be done. Cruz is my senator, and he will be my vote during the primary. I went and listened to him in Tyler a month or so ago. Every time I hear him it confirms my support for him.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. I'm also in DE.

Wilmington.

Great speech, however. I think I'll make another donation to help towards end-of-quarter goals.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't have a pithy 140 word reply for that.  Hell, I don't even have a much longer 20 page reply. Because of the (IMO) brilliant political system our founders devised, it will take a sustained, multi-generational effort to change the direction of this country. Look at Hillary, she has been working her whole life towards radical leftism and still hasn't hit a quarter of the goals she used to spout off about in her radical days; but she keeps on chugging along.  People need to be willing to make that kind of commitment and look at the problem with that kind of long term thinking.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a pithy 140 word reply for that.  Hell, I don't even have a much longer 20 page reply. Because of the (IMO) brilliant political system our founders devised, it will take a sustained, multi-generational effort to change the direction of this country. Look at Hillary, she has been working her whole life towards radical leftism and still hasn't hit a quarter of the goals she used to spout off about in her radical days; but she keeps on chugging along.  People need to be willing to make that kind of commitment and look at the problem with that kind of long term thinking.

I agree, but it doesn't have to take multiple generations.   The Framers reserved the right for the states, independent of any non-ministerial action by the federal government, to stop the federal govt insanity in Article V of the Constitution.  The Constitution can be amended by the states to accomplish any one of a number of things that would have a dramatic, positive impact on the republic.  They don't have to wait for Congress to propose or vote on anything.  They have the power to reverse any Supreme Court decision, federal law, regulation or Executive Order.  The game is really at the state level now, and who gets elected as Speaker, or President for that matter, doesn't really matter at this point.  I am 100% for Cruz, by the way.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Cruz 16'
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#44]
My parent flew to Boston in August of 2013 to drive to Maine for their vacation. When they drove back to Boston to board Southwest Airlines back to Texas, guess who sat next to them on the flight back?

Cruz 2016

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#45]
For those that haven't, the whole video is worth watching.

I see the usual suspects, statists/commies, are here to tell us why none of it work. Reminds me of boehner. Well, bye

Edit: this is actually just a bump for those that haven't seen the vid yet
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#47]
it is astounding that a we have a guy like that running for president yet hiliary will win...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
it is astounding that a we have a guy like that running for president yet hiliary will win...
View Quote

You misspelled Biden

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Also, very depressing speech
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#50]
That is a fucking powerful speech!   I didn't know he was such an effective speaker.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top