BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey, those batons can be nasty in the kidney too.
The local cops use that to break up parties that and they shoot the party goers in hollywood.[;)]
View Quote

Damn Cali is rough on the party crowd.
The baton? I've used mine once...New Year's Eve in Times Square. Would have KO'd the drunk ba$tard,  actually he may have passed out as I was drawing it from my gunbelt, so I really didn't get a chance to "thunk" the guy
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Kershaw Black Out Model 1550
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The one I carry most often these days is a Benchmade - Elishewitz design.  G10 scales and titanium liner, carbon steel tanto blade.

This is a very light but extremely strong design and will probably stay with me for an extended tour of duty.

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Benchmade 875, Benchmade BT Sentinel, or Gerber Applegate Combat folder
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Chronological order from past to present:

- Swiss Army Champion(Victorinox)
- Puma lock-back
- Sog Sogwinder II
- Benchmade Emerson 970ti
- Elishewitz Ghost
- ?
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
CRKT K.I.S.S. clipped inside my jeans pocket
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Way to many too list. Different day,different knife. One thats sharp and pointy will do.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Emerson Commander or Benchmade AFCK, and one of several Case patterns. Can't have too many knives!
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
A gerber gator everyday on the belt and kershaw in the boot when needed.

M4husker
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#10]
for everyday carry: Busse Assault Shaker neck knife or Busse Basic #3

for field carry (camping,hunting etc.):Busse Stealheart E

for yardwork and other heavy chopping chores:Busse Basic#9
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]
It's just like all you wussies to bring a knife to a gunfight.....

Just Kidding!!! [:D] Please don't slot me like that dude did the pig on "Survivor" LOL. [BD]

I carry a Buck Crosslock. It's a great knife for field-dressing a deer, or cutting the seatbelts off of an accident victim. Practical and tough.

What I want and don't know jack about is Swiss Army knives. Could never afford one as a kid but now no problem ....
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Why carry a knife unless you want to open a package or skin a deer or something? As a weapon, it's great for a sneak attack. If you're close enough to someone that you wish to harm that a knife would be handy, just punch him in the throat (fist or fingertips), or stomp his instep and crush his face with your knee when he comes down, etc, etc. If someone pulls a knife on you and waves it around to intimidate you, pull your gun and shoot him. Don't have a gun? Take it away, and shove it up his butt. Very few people actually know how to fight with a knife. A gun is what you need to deal with those that do, 'cause no one comes away from a knife fight without lots of stitches.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Sog Tomcat normally.

On the Tactical Team a Navy Seal Knife and a Benchcraft Tactical Knife and I can not forget my leatherman.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Benchmade auto in the pocket, cold steel in the boot, and a kurka in the truck.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Spyderco ladybug on my key chain and a clipit hooked on my front pocket.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#17]
When I KNOW I'm gonna need a knife, the ColdSteel SRK.  
For daily use, a Buck thumb-opener with a clip.
Even though the Spyderco groupies have splained
to me many times that the Buck operates
'backwards', I still fail to notice/care.
DanM
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Here, here Oldschool.  I agree with you.

For combat purposes, if an aggressor pulls a knife out on me, I have trained for many more years on how to disarm/takedown/chokeout an armed attacker unarmed, than I have learned to go weapon vs. weapon.

...but if the time does arrive where it looks like I'll need something in my own hand, I do keep a single Sai (defensive melee weapon) under my car seat for disarming purposes.  Oh and did i mention because of lease laws I keep my AR15 in my car?  Longer to get to, but certainly useful to "reach out and touch someone"

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I carry a 3" Spyderco thumb-opening knife with a clip.

Sometimes when I take a date to a Sushi restaurant in the bad side of town, I carry a japanese Ginzu knife in its own self-sharpening sheath along with my Spyderco.  

Some of these Sushi restaurants over there are so rowdy that the Sushi chefs do not greet their customers with smiles and yelling, but instead flash gang signs at you.  Some even wear their headbands down low partially covering their eyes and aim their knives at you sideways like gang members with their Glocks turned sideways.  

Many a times I have been challenged to a Sushi duel to see who can make the baddest Sushi dish.  I always ended up winning because I have the [b]Ginzu![/b] I never, never go down there unless I have my trusty Ginzu knife.  Don't let your loved ones down!

Order one now for the low price of $29.99 and they will throw in a neat apple peeler for free!  Call the phone number at [u]1-800-00G-INZU[/u] and order.

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Cold Steel Voyager, 3.75" tanto blade version.
4 years later, it still works quite well.  I need to send it in for a re-sharpening.  'Twas a gift from a friend who was into AR's, knives, etc. (like I am now).  I spent some time playing around with it and working on how to use it in case of social engagement...still not sure I'd want to, it can work against you very easily if you aren't careful.  As a non-lethal tool, hold it in your hand and hammer the butt end into 'em.

I generally try and avoid those types of situations, though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Use to carry a Buck #110(with the finger grooves on the handle,got a thumb stud attached to the blade for one handed opening),an oldy but a goodie. Also have a Buck #119. Would like to get a K-BAR and a SOG multi tool/plier also.

Oh, I'd also like to get a nice Swiss Army knife and a nice hunter/skinner combo knife to have around in case I ever get to go huntin.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Cold Steel Voyager 4" model
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:12:55 AM EDT
[#23]
I carry a Buck folder with a 4" blade and a Leatherman wave on my belt.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#25]
For outdoor activities I alternate between a Kbar fighting knife or a Gerber LST.Both very nice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:02:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Everyday - beat to crap Cold Steel folding Tanto.

In the "boonies" - Randall Model 14.  Bought it at a gunshow a fews years back and just began to think - "Why just look at it? - Use it!" I chop down small trees, trim branches, open MRE's (meals ready to eat - three lies in one place), etc.

prambo

Remember 419 - Never Again!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I CARRY AN APPLEGATE FAIRBAIN COVERT FOLDER IN MY POCKET,GOT ANOTHER FIRST PRODUCTION RUN IN THE CABINET.NICE HANDY SLICK LIL KNIFE ,JUST NOT REAL FOND OF THE SERRATIONS.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I CARRY AN APPLEGATE FAIRBAIN COVERT FOLDER SWEET LIL PIECE OF STEEL, NOT VERY CRAZY ABOUT SERRATED EDGE THOUGH
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Buck 309 in the pocket: Buck 110 for hunting:  Glock combat knife on the webgear for serious social purposes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Buck 309 in the pocket: Buck 110 for hunting:  Glock combat knife on the webgear for serious social purposes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Smith and Wesson Sigma .40

Never take a knife to a gun fight.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#33]
CRKT K.I.S.S. used as a money clip. Tanto point/half serrated.

Currently shopping for a CRKT M16 01F carbon fiber folder.  Anyone got a price?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#34]
One of the various Spyderco's on hand, it varies by mood I guess. $ For $ they have got to be one of the best quality Knives out there.
Want a Micro-tech real bad!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Cold Steel Voyager w/ serrated tanto blade (pocket chainsaw)
[chainsaw]

Backpacking I take my Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri and CRKT Stiff KISS along for support.

Day hikes I take my Cold Steel Recon Tanto along.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Columbia River M-16-13Z.  If I had the money I would carry MOD Dieter CQD, but since money is about as scarce as Bill Clinton's integrity the M-16 will have to do.

mattjedi[x]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top