Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Campy... is tannerite allowed this year?

[sniper2]

Link Posted: 3/22/2003 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a conflict with being able to attend Knob Creek this year, but was excited to hear about Bulletfest.  Looks like I'll get to go.  Interested in camping options.  Are there going to be vendors there like at Knob Creek?

What about kids?  Is there gonna be a kid's only shoot (with proper adult supervision)/

Sound exciting!  thanks,  Alan (TN)
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Count me in. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope to go it only says June 28th...Is it just one day or a weekend thing...Thats a long ride for me
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks ED I am really going to try and go. Will speak to Helldog and Squid to see. Would be great to see you guys
Link Posted: 3/23/2003 1:37:15 AM EDT
[#7]
You know I'll be the Campy, and I'll probably bring a group of 10 or so.

Link Posted: 3/23/2003 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2003 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/23/2003 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#10]
i'm expecting a call tonight regarding the onsite camping details...stay tuned!

see above info regarding tannerite.

after attending today's plate shoot match at the tusco range...it sounds like we will have a 90% or better turnout among the plateshooting crew! everyone was fired up to go to bulletfest and many of these guys own the fast runners.

many of them are also members or browsers of this board.
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How about spent fire extinguishers? [;D]
View Quote

Yep, they'll be there. Plateshooter has a supply of the heavier CO2 bodies this year.
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Honeybee and Beekeep!!! WOO HOO!

It's gonna' be a good time fer' sure.
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#17]
great beekeep! can't wait to see you and the wife on the firingline!
Link Posted: 3/25/2003 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I roadtripped to Columbus to see a friend's band play once.  If I can do that, I can certainly make the drive to hang out with some of the coolest people I have never met!  [;)] (And some that I have!)  My divorce SHOULD be done by then...meaning I will have guns AND maybe even some money to spend.  Lookout, I think I'm a gonna go on a tear!

See you guys there!!!!

Now I have to go back and read the thread to make sure I can camp!!![BD]
Link Posted: 3/25/2003 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#19]
We'll see what happens as time gets closer...
Link Posted: 3/25/2003 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/25/2003 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#21]
LOL Aimless.....it's just a little more special when you get to play with your OWN, instead of someone else's, if you know what I mean!  [;)]  I appreciate the offer though!  

I have big news on the D front too, I will hopefully be able to post it tonight.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#22]
MOTEL INFO!

this is the best spot...only 15 minutes to the bulletfest site from this one!

DAYS INN, carrollton, ohio.

phone: 330-627-9314 for reservations.

do not delay! this will fill up fast!
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#23]
CORRECTION on the commercially produced, hour-lonf video of bulletfest III.

the correct web url is: www.tandrcreative.com

my apology.
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#24]
if i can get my 81 camaro up and running by then i can make it....there is NO way i'm taking my little 5 speed compact pos car from around rockford,il all the way there....headers with glasspack on my 81 an a bottle of asprin will make it a fast and easy trip....
Link Posted: 3/29/2003 4:00:27 AM EDT
[#25]
[img]http://www.state.oh.us/ohiostatepatrol/gallery/99ford.jpg[/img]

Heads up for everyone driving in:  The Ohio State Patrol now has [b]white[/b] patrol cars in addition to the charcoal gray ones in the picture.  These #*%@$&^% are one of the big objectors to CCW in Ohio, so don't give them any of your $$$ if you can help it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2003 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#26]
please observe our speed limits...smokey and his charcoal grey blends in to ohio's skyline perfectly! (i think they picked that color on purpose! lol!)

btw, please remember to bring open bolt indicators (obi's). they don't have to be fancy...just something to visibly show that the action is open.

due to safety concerns, obi's are required to be in place during any ceasefire, anytime a weapon is not being used and when guns are behind the firingline.

i'm going to get the tusco gun club folks to bring some up for sale at bulletfest...$1 each or 6/$5, iirc. you can fashion your own, at home, for next to nothing by attaching that cheap surveyor's tape (day-glo colors...about $2 for a 300' roll) to a short length of wood dowel or plastic rod. some guys spray paint old range brass...ANYTHING that easily verifies that the action is open and the firearm is unloaded.

machinegunners! always renove belts and open actions...and double-check your chambers! an accidental cook-off is not a pretty thing to behold!

cook-offs can occur on hot semi's, also...so please keep your weapon pointed downrange while checking the chamber, reloading or getting ready to come off the line.

a quick word about slamfires...

whenever charging your weapon, keep it pointed downrange! a closing bolt is a slamfiring bolt ready to happen! no matter if you have gone a lifetime without a slamfire...that first one may only be a bolt-release away.

open bolt subguns and machines guns are designed to slamfire! many of you will be shooting weapons that you have, heretofore, been unfamiliar with. HEED THE ABOVE WARNINGS and listen carefully to the instructions the owners will provide you with.

we WANT you to shoot as many new machineguns and rifles as you can...but we want you to do it with as much safety as possible.

we like a safe event, full of fun and learning for EVERYONE. you will be highly unlikely to see, let alone get the opportunity to shoot, as many different kinds of firearms as can be found on the firingline at bulletfest!

we want everyone to go home safe at the end of the day with plenty of smiles from a day of fun and fellowship.

if you are a bulletfest rookie...no worries. we'll get you paired of with an expirienced shooter or two to help you maximize your fun and safety.
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#27]
a free ohio map to help you plan your travels is available here: [url]http://www.dot.state.oh.us/dist9/maps.htm[/url]

also, the property owner, plateshooter and myself surveyed the site from all angles this afternoon (in a freakin' snow storm for pete's sake!) and were very impressed with the view from atop the 200' tall backstop!!!

plateshooter got to see the inside of the restored barn/restaurant and we also took a tour of the neighborhood after he dropped off the first 50 or so fire extinguisher targets.

also, arrangements are being made to bring 3, 4 or 5 cars in to use as targets (no, you bastages CAN'T shoot up my s-10!!!).
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#28]
the official bulletfest website courtesy of lumpy223!

[url]http://www.geocities.com/Bulletfest/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#30]
For all the lazy people like me who don't want to have to copy and paste:

[url=http://www.dot.state.oh.us/dist9/maps.htm]Maps[/url]
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#31]
great idea frank. you are correct...there are those that NEED the common sense rules tattoo'd on their foreheads.

[b]onsite camping info![/b]

there WILL be onsite primitive style camping for friday night! the cost is $10 per campsite/tent.

[b]onsite fishing![/b]

for the kids (and grown up kids!), there will be fishing (catch & release) at the small, aerated pond beside the barn/restaurant. for those that can't take the thunder and roar of the firingline, this makes for a nice break in the action.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#32]
I am planning to go along, provided that I can hitch a lift. Camping gear, stove, and a DAMN good camp cook....oh yeah, a coupla ARs and ammo to burn.  Ops
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#34]
BFIII was about 125-150 yards.  I'm hoping there is a bit more distance but it really doesn't matter much to me. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Campybob, i'd like to get there early and set up a pop-up shelter on the firing line. I'm just a semi auto shooter. Will this be permitted or would i be required to cycle in and out of the firing line? Thanks....Doc
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Medic and Shark How about a Pittsburgh team convoy ? Paspecops where are you located?
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#38]
there has been a slight change in plans...after i surveyed the firingline's width, it look like we will be able to accomodate many more semi-shooters on the firingline.

this new venue is at least half again as wide as the old mapleton site. this will allow us more room for pop tops/shades, etc.

not to fear...we will find a way to work everyone into the firingline. this event is all about being immersed in the shooting expirience!
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Medic and Shark How about a Pittsburgh team convoy ? Paspecops where are you located?
View Quote

Yeah I can be in for that. I have an extended cab Ram so I could haul a couple of guys or at least the gear. Keep me informed. Any of the Pittsburgh guys wanna camp? I may be able to get a 24' trailer for the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Campy, any idea on the length/distance of the range?
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#41]
THE DISTANCE TO TARGETS LOOKS TO BE 200+ YARDS.

we'll see what it paces off at as soon as the weather gets a little warmer and drier.

more gunners are confirming every day...looks like a flock of new folks are coming that have never expirienced the fire power of bulletfest.

aren't THEY in for a loud surprise!?!?!
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#42]
So will all of the deprived semi shooters be able to do some full-auto shooting or not?
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 3:53:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So will all of the deprived semi shooters be able to do some full-auto shooting or not?
View Quote

[red]"Show me the money"[/red] [;)]  I'm sure you will get a chance to enjoy full auto.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Dang, I'd REALLY like to go, but it's too far away!  I'm all the way on the other side of Ohio, and my car isn't suited for long drives.

Maybe I'll be able to come.  That would be so SWEET!
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#45]
greenhorn, i drive a 1989 s-10 chevy with 160k on the clock and it's probably 100 lbs. lighter than when it was new...due to rust!

i went to columbus a couple weeks ago! if the ol' s-10 can make it, your beater can too!

talk up bulletfest among your local gun nutz and friends...someone will want to come and take you along. hell, half of ohio and ar15com will be on the firingline! i'ld hate to see ya miss it bro.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
THE DISTANCE TO TARGETS LOOKS TO BE 200+ YARDS.
View Quote

Do you suppose we could set some targets at various distances. Say from 75 yards out to the berm? It's a little tough staying on target at 200 yards with a sub gun.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#47]
sukebe, yes. as long as the targets pose no risk of splatter or bounce-back, we always set up crap for the pistoleros, subgunners and short reach firearms.

but, after watching chuck santose plink a fire extinguisher with a cheap 9mm pistol at 100 yards...heheheh!

paper, bowling pins, milk jugs and the like are fine for short distance plinking. i'll have some appliances at 100 or slightly less...depending on the make up of the target.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#48]
man, sounds like ALOT of fun! but its almost 500 miles for me [:(] so i expect alot of pics and video!
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 2:11:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
man, sounds like ALOT of fun! but its almost 500 miles for me [:(] so i expect alot of pics and video!
View Quote

Make the drive, you won't regret it.  It is an event you should not miss.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top