Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 7:51:01 PM EDT
I just recently baught a USP 45, I enjoy shooting it but when i went to a gun show recently I baught a boatload of Wolf ammo, now when I took the HK out it would not feed that stuff worth a crap, at least 3 times per clip the slide would fail to fully engage now when I took the same ammo out with  my Glock it chewed that stuff up like candy without a flaw. can anyone tell me why the HK has trouble with it I mean it is supposed to be a really good combat weapon so I would think that it should not be so finiky with the ammo. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same piece you do.

It is a combat weapon and you must use combat ammunition not dried up rat shit such as Wolf ammo.

Why does your Glock feed shit and the H&K does not?

Well did you know Glocks have an un-supported chamber?

[img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/glock35.jpg[/img]
[img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/kb1.jpg[/img]

Yeah.. good thing Glocks can feed shit ammo huh?

I've never seen a USP do that.

My H&K USP .45 has feed ALL ammo I have put through it without one hiccup. And I fed it ammunition, not shit.

Just my view.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolf is cheap, but it's pretty lose toleranced ammo. Glocks have that ramped barrel and looser tolerances overall compared to a USP, and it's likely that the USP which has a fully supported bbl, won't take to the variable and lacquered steel cases.

Just use some slightly better stuff, it needen't cost much more, and any good ammo(Federal, Winchester, Even CCI Blazer) is what realizes the accuracy and reliability of the USP. The USP is fine gun, using any other SAAMI ammo in the world(no lead bullets in the newer ones, polygonal rifling), it should work fine. I would be happy feeding most anything BUT Wolf ammo in my USP.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe the H&K has a tighter chamber.The Glocks were designed with a much looser one.Is this steel cased?I know alot of reliable rifles that wont feed wolf but work great with everthing else.At least what I read.I have a carbon-15 that worked perfect for 1040 rounds but broke a extractor on the first wolf round.Whas it the ammo I dont know yet.I have a H&K compact 45 that has ran perfect for about 3000 rounds.This is with several diffrent factory and a couple diffrent handloads.Never tried wolf though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
My H&K Tactical .45 will freeze shut on Wolf ammo. In fact my Norinco 1911 doesn't like it much either.
I have 450 Wolf rounds I use as a doorstop now. I wish I had tested one box before I bought half a case.
Boy, I bet that Glock shooter had a little flinch after that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock has a ramped barel thats why it feeds anything. you just bought a USP and can't get good ammo? try blackhills it's kinda cheap and Ive never had it fail.. pmc is kinda week stuf too from what Ive seen
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the feedback, I figured it was a tolerance thing but it was definately frustrating since I baught 750 rnds of that shit and the gun would malfunction. I will look into some better ammo. Has anyone upgraded their 45 to either a 45 super or 400 corbon, any feedback, which rnd has better ballistics and availibility?
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#7]
PMC works good... just filthy ammo though...

Try [url]www.ammoman.com[/url]

He's got some federal at a great price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top