Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 235
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, congrats to Ole Miss..............they won two straight years legitimately and should enjoy those wins.............but like all other things, that will change as well. And Bama still got to raise the trophy

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss those accusations either...............I've never heard the current coach was the problem, but a former assistant who started the ball rolling
View Quote

I've read everything I can get my hands on about this NCAA investigation the only thing that has been mentioned about anyone currently involved in the program was the Tunsil ordeal, and that was handled by Freeze proactively.  And as far as the football program is concerned even under the previous coach there's no mentions anywhere I've found of paying recruits.  One former assistant coach that is currently at ULL has been accused of some fuckyness with ACT scores and the like and that has resulted in him personally facing some sanctions.  Please point me to an article with evidence of Ole Miss paying recruits, I'd love to read it.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hmmmm ESPN crowned the Noles with that title.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

247SPORTS, SCOUT & RIVALS had bama ranked @ #1.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm starting to warm up to you.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suddenly I feel so dirty.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Roll Tide!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that this is all over, when do we start the 2016 thread? Spring? Can't remember when we started this one.

ETA: I guess I could just check the first page
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now that this is all over, when do we start the 2016 thread? Spring? Can't remember when we started this one.

ETA: I guess I could just check the first page
View Quote

We kept last years thread up through at least the NFL draft.  Makes sense to get to follow along some of the players we enjoyed all season as they take the next step into the Pros.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Go Blue
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay, this is pretty good.  How Tom Herman and U of H celebrated the end of signing day.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Michael Bolton.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Okay, this is pretty good.  How Tom Herman and U of H celebrated the end of signing day.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplo94ZV79w
View Quote
That was good

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't get it? Were they pissed they didn't get who they wanted?
They should have offered more kids if they wanted to fill their roster.
Or maybe there is something I'm too dumb to get?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was good

"Hey krpind, watch out for your corn hole bud."

The smashing of the fax machine is just like the guy's smashing a printer in Office Space.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#18]

This is essentially the determining factor in winning the national championship.  Which is why I consider teams that have done it without consistent top recruiting classes to be the most note worthy.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was good

Have you seen the movie Office Space?

If you have and still don't get it, I believe they're mocking the concept that LOIs still have to be faxed in, in the age of email, face time and live TV coverage of recruits declaring where they're going.

ETA:  Regardless of whether they had a statement to make or not, parodying a famous scene from a great movie makes it laugh worthy to me.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you have and still don't get it, I believe they're mocking the concept that LOIs still have to be faxed in, in the age of email, face time and live TV coverage of recruits declaring where they're going.

ETA:  Regardless of whether they had a statement to make or not, parodying a famous scene from a great movie makes it laugh worthy to me.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was good

LOI's no longer need to be faxed.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOI's no longer need to be faxed.

View Quote

You know how I know that you know that I don't follow recruiting very closely?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#23]
It looks like half of the NCAA sanctions against Ole Miss were for the football program (not just a few) and that the majority of those are under Freeze's watch (nope, sorry. It wasnt the other guy).  I the whole "no infractions from football, and certainly not any from freeze" story didnt last too long.

link

Like I said, and the whole football world knew, you dont just magically get multiple top 3 recruiting classes at a perennial bottom dweller without copious usage of bagmen.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#25]
A&M let Dave Christensen (oline and run game coordinator) go.....good

Hear that they are going after the Titans oline coach (ex Wisconsin oline under Fat Bert)
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It looks like half of the NCAA sanctions against Ole Miss were for the football program (not just a few) and that the majority of those are under Freeze's watch (nope, sorry. It wasnt the other guy).  I the whole "no infractions from football, and certainly not any from freeze" story didnt last too long.

link

Like I said, and the whole football world knew, you dont just magically get multiple top 3 recruiting classes at a perennial bottom dweller without copious usage of bagmen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

link

Notice the bottom of the article:

Ole Miss has already released some self-reported football violations over the past year, including that a "representative of athletics interests" provided transportation for potential recruits on six different occasions from 2011 to '14.

There was also a self-report where an assistant coach — whose name was redacted from documents — made improper contact with a recruit at a high school.

There won't be any surprises when the whole report is in the open.  

More in depth link.

(The first four on this list were all self-reported by Ole Miss)

- A coach contacting a recruit during a designated non-contact evaluation period.
  - Creating an improper recruiting video outside the locker room.
  - A booster illegally transporting a recruit to campus.
  - A stepfather of a recruit having his lodging paid for during an official visit (a rule that has since been changed by the NCAA).
  - Five violations for the Laremy Tunsil scandal, including use of a loaner car and spending the night at the house of an Ole Miss assistant coach.

The remaining four allegations reportedly tie in with David Saunders, the former Houston Nutt assistant that was recently disciplined by the NCAA for recruiting violations while coaching at Louisiana-Lafayette.

And an ESPN link where RCR sourced their info. So you can't complain about RCR being biased.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Jameis Winston laughs at this What a mess Tennessee football is facing and will the truth ever come out? Probably not

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

These are just like, my opinions man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florida State doesn't scare me near as much at home and UNC lost their POS quarterback, the only reason for their success.

lol

Sounds like you're about as informed as the other Miami fans I know.

Dude, we will be stronger this year than last.

There will be a legit NC run this year.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hey pick em losers, sport the avatar
View Quote

Dude, I've said it before....that avatar gets changed for no man
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florida State doesn't scare me near as much at home and UNC lost their POS quarterback, the only reason for their success.

lol

Who are they planning on starting at QB? The kid with the busted ankle?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

It's a wide open race.

A true freshman, JJ, Francois, and SMAG.

All solid choices.  

Malik Henry is good enough he could get it his freshman year. Those in the "know" tend to lean towards Deondre Francois. Kid is awesome.

JJ is the least likely IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Buckeyes lose a shitload of talent, but apparently Urban has the cupboards well stocked. Hurry up September.

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Jameis Winston laughs at this What a mess Tennessee football is facing and will the truth ever come out? Probably not

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not to worry.  Some UT fan who has inside info and KNOWS that these women are all lying, etc, etc, etc, will be along shortly to straighten us out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Separate from the UT rape lawsuit, UT OL just charged with 5 felonies for trying to bang a 14 yr old.
link to news

I hear there is inside info, the girl was lying. He's actually an upstanding individual.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Buckeyes lose a shitload of talent, but apparently Urban has the cupboards well stocked. Hurry up September.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15164380/odds.png
View Quote
I don't see it but next year's buckeyes will be good.

With no rain vs msu I think OSU does well in the playoff, better than msu at a minimum. Like last year it's clear the committee didn't include the 4 best teams. They included the 4 they had to knowing what was available at the time arguably but prob Stanford and Ohio state were better than msu and Oklahoma. Just as tcu probably would have been better than fsu.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Baseball starts today.  

Heading down to catch a game tomorrow...had to look up the opponent.  Hofstra is apparently an actual school.  Who knew.  

ETA:  It's also time for an avatar change.  Congrats again on winning, akpatriot22.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's a wide open race.

A true freshman, JJ, Francois, and SMAG.

All solid choices.  

Malik Henry is good enough he could get it his freshman year. Those in the "know" tend to lean towards Deondre Francois. Kid is awesome.

JJ is the least likely IMHO.
View Quote

My money's on Francois right now with Henry having a very outside chance at stealing it, just think Francois will be too far ahead. Also, Winston didn't even start as a true freshman so I would be floored if Henry doesn't take a redshirt this year. Smag and JJ are really good guys but I expect them to finish their FSU careers as backups.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Alright, it's been over a month.  I'm taking my avatar back.

Thanks to the good sports who followed through on the gentlemen's agreement.  The pick em was fun!
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

With no rain vs msu I think OSU does well in the playoff, better than msu at a minimum. Like last year it's clear the committee didn't include the 4 best teams. They included the 4 they had to knowing what was available at the time arguably but prob Stanford and Ohio state were better than msu and Oklahoma. Just as tcu probably would have been better than fsu.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15164380/odds.png

This is not quite the kiss of death but if the coaches poll says OSU is preseason #1 I won't watch a damn game. Well not without a defibrillator close by

If the coaches poll has OSU #1 then there a lot of drunk coaches filling out their poll sheet too

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Last year it was May1, so I guess we can wait till then.

Whatever y'all decide.
View Quote

Last year was after the draft.  Since that's the end of college football for a lot of the players we spent all season discussing, that seems a logical break point for the new thread too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Last year was after the draft.  Since that's the end of college football for a lot of the players we spent all season discussing, that seems a logical break point for the new thread too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last year it was May1, so I guess we can wait till then.

Whatever y'all decide.

Seconded.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

OK, today is the first day of spring practice.

Is it time to start a new one?
View Quote

Why? Just give the 2016/2017 trophy to Bama and save the bandwidth

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, today is the first day of spring practice.

Is it time to start a new one?

Good call.  The 2017/18 trophy will go to Georgia.

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#46]
I agree with 05/01.

We need a bama fan to start the thread.

I'd like to get post 2 & 3 same as this year.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I agree with 05/01.

We need a bama fan to start the thread.

I'd like to get post 2 & 3 same as this year.
View Quote

Bama fans had their electricity turned off so you may have to do it

Joking. May as well end this one with shit talk

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Hmmmm, will the "Official Thread" have really small font since its Bama?
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Just came to see when the new thread would start, since spring ball is up. See y'all on May 1.
Page / 235
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top