Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2015 5:08:32 PM EDT
http://www.free-press-release-center.info/pr00000000000000293008_discrete-defense-solutions-releases-a-new-ar-15-truck-mount.html

excerpt - The new truck mount allows one to carry their personal defense or conceal carry weapon with ease, reports DiscreteDefenseSolutions.Com

Larned, Kansas, United States of America - February 6, 2015 /MarketersMedia/ --

Discrete Defense Solutions announces the release of a AR-15 truck mount designed to securely hold one's AR-15 in a truck next to the driver's seat. Individuals need easy access to weapons in these trying times, and Discrete Defense Solutions remains committed to providing these items. The new AR-15 truck mount is one of many accessories designed by the company which are created to simplify the carrying of concealed carry and personal defense items.

"The AR-15 truck mount offers the features a gun owner needs in a product of this type. It can be easily installed by simply opening the console lid, placing the mount inside, and shutting the console. No tools are required as the clasp fits easily into this space, and it may be removed and stored when it isn't needed. Accessing the weapon isn't difficult either, as the rifle can be easily removed and replaced in a matter of seconds. All one needs to do is slide the magazine out of or into the weapon mount," Ben Rein, spokesperson for Discrete Defense Solutions, explains.

Gun owners love the new mount as it also works for Ruger Mini Rifles and it ensures optics and the rifle don't bounce around the truck, potentially getting damaged in the process. Discrete Defense Solutions offers models for a wide range of SUVs and trucks, and the mount works with PMAGs and standard GI Mags. Individuals unable to locate a mount for their vehicle model need to contact the company for further assistance, as Discrete Defense Solutions strives to meet the needs of all.

"Individuals frequently wedge their AR-15 or other weapon between the console and the seat, which often leads to the magazine sliding down to the floorboard. As one cannot control road conditions, a new option was needed, and this is where the AR-15 truck mount comes in. Discrete Defense Solutions does want consumers to understand, however, that the truck mount isn't designed for a loaded rifle. One should never transport a weapon which has ammunition in it. It just isn't safe," Rein continue

Link to Truck Mount for AR15

Reasonably priced too.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Very discreet.  I could hardly see it in there.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs to be shorter. I hope you can swing that out of the window fast enough.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Discrete Defense Solutions does want consumers to understand, however, that the truck mount isn't designed for a loaded rifle. One should never transport a weapon which has ammunition in it. It just isn't safe," Rein continue

View Quote

So the mount isn't strong and the company doesn't think it's safe.

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

hmmm....
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

hmmm....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

hmmm....

Thats way cooler than this cup holder they are selling
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
That's cool, but I'd never use it.

The surplus police racks on ebay are pretty reasonable and they lock. I've even seen the lock, sans rack, sold for like $30.

ETA

This

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]

How did you do that?

Can you post some more pictures and give some detail?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How did you do that?

Thanks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How did you do that?

Thanks.

Not mine, sorry to say. I did a quick search and it appears to be Decisive Action's "peg lock" mount system. Quick google search pulls up lots of pictures

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#11]

I approve.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I always wanted the one where it's barrel up against the dash
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
So the entire weight of the AR will be torquing on my cheesy console latch? Got it.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top