Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2015 7:59:53 PM EDT
Anyone found a cheap speaker system that was worth a shit for plugging an iPhone into? I see Pills, Docks everything from $7 to $200. Just has to play Pandora for my wife while she does her hair and makeup in the bathroom. I don't need 7.1 Digital surround sound or anything.

The closer to $7 we can stay the better but I don't want complete shit either.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
A garage sale stereo amplifier, a pair of garage sale bookshelf speakers, and an RCA --> 1/8" stereo phono plug adapter cable (goes from her iPhone to the stereo receiver/amplifier line input).
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
BT to a HK sub-woofer...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Seriously, there are some decent Bluetooth speakers out there that are affordable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two of these and like them a lot.  They aren't bluetooth, but there are options that are.  Battery life is long too.  I actually use one for my laptop as my speakers on it suck and it sounds much better with this speaker
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Try a large plastic cup, with the iPhone speaker facing down.  Actually works really well, no batteries.  And when you're done with the music, you have a spit cup.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A garage sale stereo amplifier, a pair of garage sale bookshelf speakers, and an RCA --> 1/8" stereo phono plug adapter cable (goes from her iPhone to the stereo receiver/amplifier line input).
View Quote

I have that exact setup in my garage/gym. Seems a little....much for the counter top in the bathroom though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Try a large plastic cup, with the iPhone speaker facing down.  Actually works really well, no batteries.  And when you're done with the music, you have a spit cup.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have that exact setup in my garage/gym. Seems a little....much for the counter top in the bathroom though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They make shelves you can screw into the studs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Jawbone or its ilk.

Or, a pot, a cup, a piece of PVC tube.  These diy ad hock contraptions usually work just as well as any non-powered speaker.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.wikihow.com/images/9/9a/Make-Paper-Cup-iPhone-Speakers-Step-6.jpg

That's awesome. Doing this at work tomor
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Oontz Angle

I have one and love it! It currently hangs via Velcro from under kitchen cabinet. Its paired with every device I own.

OontZ Angle Plus, water proof and louder
Velcro it in a corner near a power outlet. plug it into a 110 usb thing.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tuaw.com/media/2007/10/z4395085z06dfacff.jpg

Seriously, there are some decent Bluetooth speakers out there that are affordable.
View Quote

Not too far off.

I have one of these, it actually works (at least it did with my 4s, won't fit my 6).

http://www.bonecollection.com/en/products/detail/horn-stand-for-iphone-4/
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I have an older jbl that you put your iPhone or iPod into. It cranks out music loud and clear through your whole house if you turn it up. I've probably had it 6 years now and still sounds great. I paid almost 200 for it years ago now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oontz Angle

I have one and love it! It currently hangs via Velcro from under kitchen cabinet. Its paired with every device I own.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61gBCChoCjL._SX466_.jpg

OontZ Angle Plus, water proof and louder
Velcro it in a corner near a power outlet. plug it into a 110 usb thing.

http://www.theoontz.com/images/angle_plus_view1.jpg
View Quote

A big plus 1 on this. I've had it for a while now and it works great and sounds good for the price. I highly recommend it.
Edit, mine is the regular, not weatherproof.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#17]
$7 won't even buy you crap speakers..
Top Top