Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I watch the show with much more interest since I found out my last name
is "Norman-French".

We came to England/Wales during or shortly after the 1066 Norman invasion.

In fact, I met a French guy the other day who was visiting Fort Worth and mentioned this to him
and he said my name was "a very old name".

So maybe one of my ancestors was actually a Viking?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Lagertha.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fairly small axe.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should it have taken Floki two swings to behead the uncle........?
Fairly small axe.  

obviously he never learned to grab ahold of the hair while planting his foot on the uncles chest and twisting while he pulled.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Should it have taken Floki two swings to behead the uncle........?
View Quote

Nah, either one of those swings would have done the deed.

Floki was just 'taking care of bidness'.

He double deaded him.

Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

is "Norman-French".

In fact, I met a French guy the other day who was visiting Fort Worth and mentioned this to him

View Quote
Well, William the Conqueror's great-great-great grandfather was a northman who founded the Norse colony of Normandy, and was named Rollo.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I am curious how long it will be until we get introduced to gay Viking sex. Or did I miss it?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am curious how long it will be until we get introduced to gay Viking sex. Or did I miss it?
View Quote

Is this something you're anticipating?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Amputation scene was hardcore. Pretty forgettable stuff otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I want you to cut off my arm
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Would you rather have died, if you were in his place?

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if I still could go here
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if I still could go here

http://minecraft.bhslaughter.com/wiki/images/1/1a/ValhallaWiki.jpg
I kept on expecting him to pick up a sword or axe and pick a fight with Ragnar, Rollo, or Floki, so he could die in battle.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, William the Conqueror's great-great-great grandfather was a northman who founded the Norse colony of Normandy, and was named Rollo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is "Norman-French".

Yes I read that some time ago myself and thanks.

I will never know if I really have a Viking connection but it does spark
the imagination !!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I kept on expecting him to pick up a sword or axe and pick a fight with Ragnar, Rollo, or Floki, so he could die in battle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if I still could go here

I was thinking a suicidal/berserker charge at the Brit camp they just found, better than slowly dying of blood poisoning I guess.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Am I the only one just not digging this season so far? I'm a huge fan of the show and have really enjoyed watching the other seasons multiple times, but this one just seems off. Everyone has problems now. Everything is going wrong. It just seems like too much.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Am I the only one just not digging this season so far? I'm a huge fan of the show and have really enjoyed watching the other seasons multiple times, but this one just seems off. Everyone has problems now. Everything is going wrong. It just seems like too much.
View Quote

Nah, it's been pretty mediocre so far.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's like they didn't plan on it making it this far?  Now what do we do?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if I still could go here

Agreed, but seemed to just stare with that blank look. Kept wondering did I miss something?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The writing just needs to get better in a hurry or I'm worried it won't go on much longer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The writing just needs to get better in a hurry or I'm worried it won't go on much longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm worried it won't. If you read the old myths ragnar died early on (killed by king aelle) and his sons came back and conquered the areas. I would rather be watching that story than all of this drama they are making up. It feels a little soap opera like to me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm worried it won't. If you read the old myths ragnar died early on (killed by king aelle) and his sons came back and conquered the areas. I would rather be watching that story than all of this drama they are making up. It feels a little soap opera like to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a problem. Ragnar is the show. His kid is a stiff and the girl he likes is a robot as well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's a problem. Ragnar is the show. His kid is a stiff and the girl he likes is a robot as well.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

that's how drama works--every drama is a story of overcoming external problems, often as a way to solve internal problems.  any substantive character in a drama either has a problem, creates a problem, shows the problem, or helps solve the problem.

at what point in 'vikings' has anyone not had problems?  i think if you go back through, you'll realize that if a character isn't currently involved in a problem, they don't get much screen time.  floki is a perfect example--he actually creates a problem because he can't deal with being happy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if I still could go here

Not being "whole", Valhalla is out for him.  But he can still have a seat in Odin's Hall.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

that's how drama works--every drama is a story of overcoming external problems, often as a way to solve internal problems.  any substantive character in a drama either has a problem, creates a problem, shows the problem, or helps solve the problem.

at what point in 'vikings' has anyone not had problems?  i think if you go back through, you'll realize that if a character isn't currently involved in a problem, they don't get much screen time.  floki is a perfect example--he actually creates a problem because he can't deal with being happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that, but the problems have usually been larger problems for the group or more serious ones. Now it seems they want to give everyone petty issues to be mad about. It is coming off more like jersey shore than a show about viking warriors.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well in the old myths Boneless was the actual hero and considered the strongest and bravest of his songs. He was called boneless because of how agile he was in battle. They went a bit of a different route with it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#27]
You guys missed Gaia Weiss.

I would give her the best 27 seconds of my life.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Damn you guys! Damn you all

I saw this thread a week ago, and now I'm hooked through cheek and mouth

I've spent far, far too much time binge watching when I should be sleeping ... and I just finished watching the first episode of season 3.

Talk about a time suck ... but what a great show

Thanks ... I think.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#29]

So how many episodes before we start seeing gay vikings?  It seems like every show i watch now has some sort of homosex going on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You guys missed Gaia Weiss.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo1v74sWy51qcbo9lo1_1280.jpg

I would give her the best 27 seconds of my life.
View Quote

The new Shield Madden
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've spent far, far too much time binge watching when I should be sleeping ... and I just finished watching the first episode of season 3.

Thanks ... I think.
View Quote

If it has to do with booze, broads, fornication, or weapons of any type you will find it talked about here in GD..........
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Thanks ... I think.
View Quote

You're Welcome !!!

Knowing that you had too much time on your hands

was the reason I started this thread.

Now go shovel some more show.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Just ordered these as new steak knives after searching for a knife similar to what the new traitor Earl was using at his dinner.

Kvinnokniv
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:25:08 AM EDT
[#34]
no official vikings thread?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#35]
I guess this thread qualifies.

So Lagertha and King Ekbert are enjoying his Roman Bath to the fullest. If she gets pregnant, it could add a ver-r-ry interesting twist!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ragnar and Lagertha offered it to Athelstan when he first came to Vikingville.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
is "Norman-French".

View Quote

My last name is also of Norman French origin, but my first ancestor on that side of the family who came to America actually came from France.  Not sure if any of them went to England or not.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lagertha.
View Quote

Is hot.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything with Lagertha is not gay. I was referring more to the Black Sails/SOA type of thing. Lol.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Anything with Lagertha is not gay. I was referring more to the Black Sails/SOA type of thing. Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a sexual encounter involving two dudes isn't gay if a woman happens to be there, too?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#41]
So a sexual encounter involving two dudes isn't gay if a woman happens to be there, too?
View Quote

Lagertha was probably hoping for Ragnar and Athelstan to tag-team her.

The relationship between Athelstan and King Ekbert's daughter-in-law, Jennie Jacques, is getting really interesting, since the King, Lagertha, Athelstan, and Jennie were in the Roman bath together.

I foresee several SHTF scenarios taking place this season. And you don't have to lick my hand for the prediction!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#42]
I just have to say Helga is looking very hot this season.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I missed last Thursday's episode, so I watched it on the website. Minus the commercials.

It's the only way to fly.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I guess this thread qualifies.

So Lagertha and King Ekbert are enjoying his Roman Bath to the fullest. If she gets pregnant, it could add a ver-r-ry interesting twist!
View Quote

Now this is the Official Vikings thread.

It's Official, because the name is BOLD .

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#45]
on this week's episode, we feature...

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS--NOT THORUNN'S FACE!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Somebody's dad was a little pissed off at him
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#47]
The song of Rig.

Read it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:11:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Did somebody get some Royal action in the hot tub?

That scene was pretty erotic, at least to me.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:14:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is she playing him?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:36:38 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Is she playing him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is she playing him?
Dont they all ?

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top