Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
For me this is one of the few shows i bother watching on tv, its Vikings, The Walking Dead, and Black Sails
Cant wait for the next season
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you watched Vikings on DirecTV, you probably saw the "Hannah and Her Horse" commercial.

Because we can never get enough of hot women in skimpy outfits, here's one you didn't see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8jJGa4NQtQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8jJGa4NQtQ
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Floki's gonna get it!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:12:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For me this is one of the few shows i bother watching on tv, its Vikings, The Walking Dead, and Black Sails
View Quote

we have the same tastes.

add GoT and archer, and you have my entire TV list.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:30:51 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I got so spun up I bought the first two seasons of Vikings from Amazon.  I get to watch it all over again, front and center, in great detail.  It friggin' rocks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
???when will Vikings return?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tried to ignore the rampant LGBT, but Black Sails lost me when one of the main male characters, Captain Flint, starting kissing another man.

Haven't watched an episode since that.  Can't even have a straight Pirate any more.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I tried to ignore the rampant LGBT, but Black Sails lost me when one of the main male characters, Captain Flint, starting kissing another man.

Haven't watched an episode since that.  Can't even have a straight Pirate any more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this makes me chuckle.  first, homosexuality was very commonplace in the royal navy--remember "rum, sodomy, and the lash"?  second, the show included numerous full-nude girl-on-girl scenes, which everybody cheered for.  it also included less than 15 seconds of 2 guys kissing, and suddenly everyone is shrieking about how gayness is wrong.

so my question is this--why did you ignore the rampant graphic lesbianism between major characters throughout the first season and a half?  could it be that you're somewhat morally flexible on the issue of homosexuality?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

this makes me chuckle.  first, homosexuality was very commonplace in the royal navy--remember "rum, sodomy, and the lash"?  second, the show included numerous full-nude girl-on-girl scenes, which everybody cheered for.  it also included less than 15 seconds of 2 guys kissing, and suddenly everyone is shrieking about how gayness is wrong.

so my question is this--why did you ignore the rampant graphic lesbianism between major characters throughout the first season and a half?  could it be that you're somewhat morally flexible on the issue of homosexuality?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, I tried to ignore the sapphic scenes, because I liked the rest of the show. I do not find lesbianism attractive, unlike many, believe or not. I didn't care for that but continued to watch because the main plot line was still pretty good with lots of fighting, sea battles, etc. I didn't consider the lesbian whore/low level pirate crew to be a pivotal character like Flint. He was supposed to be the tough guy Navy officer turned Pirate of the high seas, not a butthole Pirate.

Say what you want, but it ruined the show completely for me. A show about pirates with a couple gay whores? Meh whatever. Gay Pirate captains? Ok that's just dumb. It would be like Ragnar turning out to be gay. But LGBT want to "insert" their junk into everything, pun intended.

In my opinion gays ruin everything, wedding cake bakeries, pizza parlors, public bathrooms, the military, even otherwise interesting TV shows. It gets old after a while. If I didn't hear about or see any "gay" for the rest of my years it would suit me just fine. Unfortunately that's not likely.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Like I said, I tried to ignore the sapphic scenes, because I liked the rest of the show. I do not find lesbianism attractive, unlike many, believe or not. I didn't care for that but continued to watch because the main plot line was still pretty good with lots of fighting, sea battles, etc. I didn't consider the lesbian whore/low level pirate crew to be a pivotal character like Flint. He was supposed to be the tough guy Navy officer turned Pirate of the high seas, not a butthole Pirate.

Say what you want, but it ruined the show completely for me. A show about pirates with a couple gay whores? Meh whatever. Gay Pirate captains? Ok that's just dumb. It would be like Ragnar turning out to be gay. But LGBT want to "insert" their junk into everything, pun intended.

In my opinion gays ruin everything, wedding cake bakeries, pizza parlors, public bathrooms, the military, even otherwise interesting TV shows. It gets old after a while. If I didn't hear about or see any "gay" for the rest of my years it would suit me just fine. Unfortunately that's not likely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it would be safe to say you didnt like the show Spartacus
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

besides the sodomy, the lesbianism, and all the swinging cocks what could there be to object to? but if you have studied the Roman Empire nothing portrayed was really out of the ordinary.   Hell despite that, it was a great series.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing. It was a great show until they ruined it.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
the goddamn vikings thread is now a gay thread.  i share fault in this, and i apologize to everyone.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
the goddamn vikings thread is now a gay thread.  i share fault in this, and i apologize to everyone.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p482/jehsimon/odin_zpscecaa727.jpg
View Quote

Lets just hope Vikings doesn't go the way of the gay.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure writer/creator Michale Hirst won't turn the show queer.  He is a very historically conscious writer, judging from Vikings and his past work.  

And I have to believe, homosexuality was not part of Viking culture.  I enjoy this show for being true to form, not throwing in random blacks, hispanics, asians in a show about northern Europeans just because of pc.  Plus an openly, or at least not secretive, ghey would have lasted about 30 seconds in Scandinavian culture during that period.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure writer/creator Michale Hirst won't turn the show queer.  He is a very historically conscious writer, judging from Vikings and his past work.  

And I have to believe, homosexuality was not part of Viking culture.  I enjoy this show for being true to form, not throwing in random blacks, hispanics, asians in a show about northern Europeans just because of pc.  Plus an openly, or at least not secretive, ghey would have lasted about 30 seconds in Scandinavian culture during that period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hirst doesn't pull any punches when it comes to depicting the violence of the times, and he does seem fairly on track with the historical context. There is obviously show dramatic license, but sems like all the major events in the show are there in the history books or the Norse Epic legends and ballads.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:46:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank you to all who contributed to this thread.

Was certainly a pretty good season, but way too short.

Season 4 is not due out till next spring.

Until next season..........

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:52:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Hirst doesn't pull any punches when it comes to depicting the violence of the times, and he does seem fairly on track with the historical context. There is obviously show dramatic license, but sems like all the major events in the show are there in the history books or the Norse Epic legends and ballads.

View Quote
Sort of.  There was no historical connection between Ragnar and Rollo.  They were actually a century or so removed.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:15:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno. That goofy interpeter looks a little light in the loafers...
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, he was French...ba-dum, tis.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think about, most pirates already dress up as if they were flaming queers...I just assumed they were all gay or bi..
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you think about, most pirates already dress up as if they were flaming queers...I just assumed they were all gay or bi..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe that's why they're called Butt-Pirates?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#24]
The Viking Age may not have started with the plundering of England, but with the peaceful trading of handcrafted combs made out of reindeer antlers, a new study suggests.

Until now, researchers thought the Viking Age began in June 793, when Norwegian Vikings raided Lindisfarne, an island off the northeast coast of England. But new research suggests Vikings were traveling from Norway to Ribe, one of Scandinavia's earliest towns and a lively trading center on the west coast of Denmark, as early as 725, the researchers said...

...To learn more, the researchers studied antler combs and fragments at the archaeological site of Ribe's medieval marketplace...

...The study showed that reindeer, which are not local to Denmark, made up a number of the crafts. Reindeer did live in Norway during that time, and it's likely the Vikings brought the antlers to Denmark to trade with their neighbors, the researchers said...
View Quote

SOURCE

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Viking Age may not have started with the plundering of England, but with the peaceful trading of handcrafted combs made out of reindeer antlers, a new study suggests.

Until now, researchers thought the Viking Age began in June 793, when Norwegian Vikings raided Lindisfarne, an island off the northeast coast of England. But new research suggests Vikings were traveling from Norway to Ribe, one of Scandinavia's earliest towns and a lively trading center on the west coast of Denmark, as early as 725, the researchers said...

...To learn more, the researchers studied antler combs and fragments at the archaeological site of Ribe's medieval marketplace...

...The study showed that reindeer, which are not local to Denmark, made up a number of the crafts. Reindeer did live in Norway during that time, and it's likely the Vikings brought the antlers to Denmark to trade with their neighbors, the researchers said...

SOURCE

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/feeds/LiveScience/876/493/viking-antler-comb.jpeg?ve=1&tl=1

You'll notice the English frequently use the term "Dane" interchangeably with "Viking" as well.
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top