[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By raizer:
seriously, you guys without the wz 1-5a are missing out on a fun tank
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:01:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j97531] [#2]
Had some fun with strongholds tonight with the AR-15 bunch.  Hopefully we will try again on Friday.
If anyone is interested in running send Old Painless a PM to get you added to the AR-15 group.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah the stronghold run was fun.  Would love to do it again but I know it can be hard getting everyones schedules aligned for this. 

As a follow-up question, does the game keep track of clan rankings?  As in how do we stack up against the others.  Can we fight against specific ones?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Drifter75:
I have found a new love for HE rounds... I'm having a blast spamming them against turrets. I have reached a new low in this game so much that I look forward to seeing how many modules and crew I was able to take out using heat...
View Quote
KV-1S with derp gun and gold rounds.  140 pen/370 damage at tier 5 is insane and ridiculously fun.  At top tier you drive around erasing tanks at will.  Hopefully it never gets nerfed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bones45:

KV-1S with derp gun and gold rounds.  140 pen/370 damage at tier 5 is insane and ridiculously fun.  At top tier you drive around erasing tanks at will.  Hopefully it never gets nerfed.
View Quote
TY bones i knew i was missing a Great Derp
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 2:35:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexasSmooth] [#6]
Originally Posted By Bones45:

View Quote
Yeah I like em, if you can handle the long reload times.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Just started back up after a 2 year break.  Have I missed anything good?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:
View Quote
Not really but a lot has changed.

New maps, new tank lines. Shit loads of premiums. Took away about 5 maps or so. Physics....which I think are fun. MM is vastly different and tier 8 is hosed....for the most part.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:
View Quote
The T110E4 is still a gigantic fucking pile of shit.  So, there's that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:14:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Turboguy] [#10]
Originally Posted By TexasSmooth:
Yeah the stronghold run was fun.  Would love to do it again but I know it can be hard getting everyones schedules aligned for this. 

As a follow-up question, does the game keep track of clan rankings?  As in how do we stack up against the others.  Can we fight against specific ones?
View Quote
I think it averages everyone's Personal Rating, but uses a full clan as the number, so if you have less than 100 your clan rating is lower. Don't know.

Yes, you can fight against specific ones, but I don't think anyone is doing stronghold battles anymore.

Skirmishes are fun. Tier 6 fastbois are hilarious, though there is no real way to pick who you fight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Turboguy:

I think it averages everyone's Personal Rating, but uses a full clan as the number, so if you have less than 100 your clan rating is lower. Don't know.

Yes, you can fight against specific ones, but I don't think anyone is doing stronghold battles anymore.

Skirmishes are fun. Tier 6 fastbois are hilarious, though there is no real way to pick who you fight.
View Quote
Thanks for answering our questions.  We will see if we can gather people again maybe Friday.  Toughest clan we saw at tier 6 was REL-A.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
My name in WOT is SD307 I have several elite status tier V vehicles and am clawing my way into tier VI. I am A non paying player

I would like to join a clan or team If I could get an invite to ARFCOM'S clan & team speak I would enjoy it.

I am not very good but maybe some coaching would help.

thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm eagle_13 and I'm trash...
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm guessing no one is playing the M37 for this to happen:

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#18]
If you new(er) guys get an invite to platoon from O.P. himself or some of us other guys--take it.  Learned more platooning with Larry, Joe, HoneyBadger, and others like that than I eve did on my own.  And if you get an invite from Vanilla--hope your ears are NC-17 rated......
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dmb4765:
If you new(er) guys get an invite to platoon from O.P. himself or some of us other guys--take it.  Learned more platooning with Larry, Joe, HoneyBadger, and others like that than I eve did on my own.  And if you get an invite from Vanilla--hope your ears are NC-17 rated......
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Truth.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 7:56:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Turboguy] [#21]
Originally Posted By j97531:
Thanks for answering our questions.  We will see if we can gather people again maybe Friday.  Toughest clan we saw at tier 6 was REL-A.
View All Quotes

The nice thing about tier 6 strongholds is that it's always fun, win or lose.

Shitty thing about tier 6 strongholds is the OI. You'll have entire teams of that stupid fucking thing driving around, or worse, face a team of just them on Mountain pass where they can just sit in their base, camp, and win. It got to the point that when we saw that shit develop we would just Yolo the team in, not fire, and ram them, die, so we can get our tanks back. One clan of abject shit lords put us doing that on YouTube as their great success. It was pretty funny.

The penultimate troll for teams that pull that bullshit on that map is everyone disperses, then we all go back to garage, pick another tank, and start another battle. The shitters will have sat there for a full fifteen minutes wondering when we were going to attack, maybe come out and have to search around for us, but we got four games played in that time. More than once we got draws and afterwards received PM's calling us puss is for not pushing into that. I wonder what they thought when we told them that we had just left the battle and they sat there like morons against an inactive team.

One time we faced a team of just them on himmelsdorf and said, "Fuck it, we are gonna win" so we all shot gold and owned them hard. They were b itching about gold rounds in a tank that can only be penned by gold rounds.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
I can't help it that your tender ears aren't used to adult language
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
If it's not the adult language it's the amplitude.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:43:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#24]
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:

If it's not the adult language it's the amplitude.
View Quote
It's like playing with Little John....with tourrets
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#25]

It's like playing with Little John....with tourrets
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tyman] [#26]
Actually played my own account last night for the first time in like 6 months.

Played 3 or 4 battles, got 3800wn8, and then logged out.  

eta: k/d ratio was 5:1 lol
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Is there more than one AR15 clan because I never see more than 4 or 5 people on.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Games like this With the KV-1S Are why i keep my Derp tanks their just Fun and yeah long Reload Ouch 9 seconds

Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Going to try for tier 6 strongholds again, tomorrow night 09/15/2017 friday at 7:30 PM central.  Feel free to join even if you are not in AR-15.  PM me in game or ask in the chat for teamspeak.  Hope to see some of you there!
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:57:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turboguy] [#31]
Going to try for tier 6 strongholds again, tomorrow night 09/15/2017 friday at 7:30 PM central.  Feel free to join even if you are not in AR-15.  PM me in game or ask in the chat for teamspeak.  Hope to see some of you there!
View Quote
Do you guys just run fastbois or is it more of a run-what-you-brung kind of thing?

I guess what I'm asking is if you're more comedic or serious.

Taking that shit serious kinda ruins the fun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:

Last week we mostly ran Rudys and the like.

What would you suggest?

Maybe you can join us and give us some pointers.  We are just learning.
View Quote
For fun for sure.  Ran what people had so quite a few t-34-85 but I have a type 64 to add and I think some Cromwell out there as well. Come join us most of the folks never ran strongholds so just enjoying it and learning.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:56:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Big thanks to everyone that ran strongholds.  We just hung it up. Also good job and thanks to freshmn42 and turning for calling.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#35]

What would you suggest?

View Quote
I called for a while tonight. Your guys listened well and we beat the living piss out of some good clans. Made sweet, dirty love to some bad ones too.

All in all it was a great time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:05:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Turboguy] [#37]
That's great.  But you're gonna have to come on earlier.  Us old guys go to sleep early.
View All Quotes

I called for a while tonight. Your guys listened well and we beat the living piss out of some good clans. Made sweet, dirty love to some bad ones too.

That's great.  But you're gonna have to come on earlier.  Us old guys go to sleep early.
I was running with Bobdaxx and Rambojenkins earlier.

Rambo really really really wanted to call.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#38]

I was running with Bobdaxx and Rambojenkins earlier.

Rambo really really really wanted to call.
View Quote
I remember him. Good dude.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

What would you suggest?
Yep, that was fun.  Great work calling.  

/SouthernDandy
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Did you guys get to hear "I want to see their bones bleaching in the sun"

Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Man, for the last few days I've been getting reminded why I quit playing but I finally had a good run.

Replay
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
got to hear about 40 blind lesbos in a fish market being confused...  
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

We were beating the shit out of Trujo and they had made a pretty significant mistake, playing into my plan.

We had better focus fire, they were confused. I said they were confused like forty blind lesbians trapped in a fish market.

People started laughing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I get so damned tired of arty.

Us console peasants still get to deal with more than two arty per team.  Nothing like driving a heavy, and finding four or five artys on the other team.  

Three consecutive games just now had four artys on each team.  Just fucking fun. 

Getting fucking wrecked before you even get near position is really encouraging to continue playing this fucking game.

Hey Wargaming, take arty out, and this game would be a whole lot better.  As it is, I'm fucking done with it.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Hopefully, my computer will be back home and working in a couple of days. I'd like to do some more stronkholds too
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Sorry I missed out earlier, I've actually done pretty good this weekend, only a few massive failures... like popping all of the hour buffs and then the wife actually getting ready to go in ten minutes!

I am about 10k from having to decide Ferdinand or JPanther II, I am leaning Ferdinand..

I need to get a 9 or 10.. every time I managed to play with yall I felt like I was shitting on the fun cause I only have the one 8 that is the size of a barn.

Think I'll get back to the game now?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Running strongholds now.  Got one slot open.  If we get too many can rotate in and out. come join us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:35:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sseagle] [#48]
Running strongholds now.  Got one slot open.  If we get too many can rotate in and out. come join us.
View Quote
I'm not even sure I know what that means.. lol

Must not have been drinking enough

ETA : I'm probably afk for 30 mins as of 1845 central
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sseagle:

I'm not even sure I know what that means.. lol

Must not have been drinking enough

ETA : I'm probably afk for 30 mins as of 1845 central
View Quote
Sent you a message with some details.  I'll be bailing myself here shortly but may be enough around to still run strongholds. Anyone in AR-15 clan can start it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#50]
Originally Posted By sseagle:
Sorry I missed out earlier, I've actually done pretty good this weekend, only a few massive failures... like popping all of the hour buffs and then the wife actually getting ready to go in ten minutes!

I am about 10k from having to decide Ferdinand or JPanther II, I am leaning Ferdinand..

I need to get a 9 or 10.. every time I managed to play with yall I felt like I was shitting on the fun cause I only have the one 8 that is the size of a barn.

Think I'll get back to the game now?
View Quote
JPanII.  That thing is a beast.   Armor is almost irrelevant now (unless you are an ST-I or E3).  So, the thing that is supposed to be good on the Ferdi....ain't so much anymore.
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top