Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2014 12:35:49 AM EDT

The gun fires 23mm calibre bullets, that are three times the size of standard rifle ammo, with huge casings from the bullets, lying on the floor next to the gunman.

What sort of effect this gun would have remains open to debate, however, according to firearms expert David Dyson.

He told MailOnline: 'The problem with identifying the effect of this gun is firstly that we don't know for sure what the calibre is, although there wouldn't be a lot of point in building something like this if it wasn't of a significant calibre.

'Secondly, and probably of more importance, we don't know how well it is made: is the barrel accurately machined and rifled?

'The effect will also depend on the type of ammunition used. These rounds exist [23mm] fitted with high explosive incendiary or armour piercing incendiary projectiles.They will be effective against personnel and vehicles including lightly armoured ones.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2862517/My-gun-bigger-gun-increasingly-outlandish-weaponry-used-wage-war-Syria.html#ixzz3LkWS2pCY

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Dayum
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
iSIS? Hope that shit blows up in that dudes face...
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#3]
looks like it has the shoulder thing that goes up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:40:32 AM EDT
[#4]
There is no such thing as a sniper rifle.... Im sick of that term... That gentlemen behind the rifle is clearly not a marksman or a sniper, what you have there is a retard with a big gun who would be lucky to achieve minute of barn... Fuck him.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:42:05 AM EDT
[#5]
23mm.  Same as the ZPU you see bolted to the back of trucks sometimes?  Might be effective if its the same round, and its made well.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
23mm.  Same as the ZPU you see bolted to the back of trucks sometimes?  Might be effective if its the same round, and its made well.
View Quote

you have to hit with it. for it to even matter
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

ZPU is 14.5mm, and the russians have a sniper rifle in that caliber.  23mm guns are either in the ZSU gun (twin-barreled towed 23mm AAA gun), the Shilka (self-propelled AAA quad system) or in aircraft cannons.

Never seen anything like what that ISIS guy is using.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Again
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:49:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Mother Necessity, where would we be?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Ronnie Barrett will have a tough time beating that one!
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ronnie Barrett will have a tough time beating that one!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:35:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I like that sniper site being used.

Sniper rifle. Lol
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Archer would definitely approve.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:53:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Please god strap a GoPro to it, Please god strap a GoPro to it.

Building a rifle like that isn't rocket science, especially when it's as overbuilt as that one. I'm sure the Anzio Ironworks 20mm is capable of better accuracy, but shit, does it really need to be more than minute of engine block?

Find out where it is and I'm betting you'll find a fairly permanent ISIS encampment. That CAN'T be that easy to move.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:54:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is no such thing as a sniper rifle.... Im sick of that term... That gentlemen behind the rifle is clearly not a marksman or a sniper, what you have there is a retard with a big gun who would be lucky to achieve minute of barn... Fuck him.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:54:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Sniper rifle?  Not with those sights
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:56:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Again
View Quote
He's Alaskan.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:57:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Made from a spare AA barrel...maybe??
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:01:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure there is. I've seen a 10/22 that was a snipers rifle.

Because a sniper was shooting it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:01:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, because 23mm of whatever will kill you worse than 7.62x39.

The world needs more glass...
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:02:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ZPU is 14.5mm, and the russians have a sniper rifle in that caliber.  23mm guns are either in the ZSU gun (twin-barreled towed 23mm AAA gun), the Shilka (self-propelled AAA quad system) or in aircraft cannons.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like a Zeus barrel that they monkey fucked a trigger group on.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I bet he gets one or two good shots off before some throws a grenade in there with him,
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn, I bet the concussion from the round going near you will blow an arm clean off.
Good luck getting any meaningful hits with that heavy bastard before someone decides respond via JDAM express.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:18:33 AM EDT
[#24]
yep, it sure looks like a goat fuckers weapon.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:27:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Minute Of Tank accuracy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#26]
I hope someone has a camera rolling when that thing Snackbars on them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:34:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks to me like they "aim" it then go into the other room and pull on the rope to fire it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:40:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Please god strap a GoPro to it, Please god strap a GoPro to it.

Building a rifle like that isn't rocket science, especially when it's as overbuilt as that one. I'm sure the Anzio Ironworks 20mm is capable of better accuracy, but shit, does it really need to be more than minute of engine block?

Find out where it is and I'm betting you'll find a fairly permanent ISIS encampment. That CAN'T be that easy to move.
View Quote

Apparently the fighting around Kobani is starting to turn into a siege rather than regular skirmishes and firefights previously seen.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:53:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
Rifled? you bet your ass it's rifled, that's a 23-2 barrel with a car coil spring attached.

Effective?  You only have to get hit once to find out.  

Too bad it doesn't look very mobile.  #switchblade #CarlGustav #m2010
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:56:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Looks to me like they "aim" it then go into the other room and pull on the rope to fire it.
View Quote
Well at least they have a few brains cells left then.  

Would you want to be standing behind something that some crazy fuck made, caliber it for something really large and touch it off?

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:00:51 AM EDT
[#31]
I bet they are basically lobbing shit in a general direction.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's how they fire most of their experimental shit except for mortars.  It also help to not be in the place where the other guy might immediately shoot.
Most of their videos illustrate the techniques used.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:13:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Consider where and how they are fighting.

UO/MOUT/FIBUA ,whatever you want to call it they're pretty much laying seige to one concrete apartment building from another.
A gun big enough to punch through walls and accurate enough to hit a room sized target  a block away would be useful. It would function much like an RPG but at alonger range.

Just FWIW,the Russians used Shilkas in Chechnya and the Israelis their  Vulcans in urban fighting. While obviously this contraption doesnt have that rate of fire,you might find getting an M113 up 7 flights of stairs a bit difficult.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#34]

I wouldn't pull the trigger on an ISIS designed and built rifle from a block away!

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sniper rifle?  Not with those sights
View Quote

Lotta Finnish dudes would probably disagree with you. Look up the Lahti L39 sometime...
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#36]
It gots no beamz. It needs da beamz......bigass-BEAMZ.
Foe show

Prolly needs a rabbit's foot dangling from the pissle grip
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#37]
IDK I think I like Hell Cannon better.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Sadam's mother of all guns was a kewl beotch
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah i was thinking of the twin barreled towed gun.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is that too of course.  It is a BIG if.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Arms Race. Bring back the 37 mm tank gun or better yet, the 6 pdr (57 mm).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top