GET A BCM BCG AND CHARGING HANDLE!

Non-full auto carrier and not staked well
Non "F" marked FSB
Over gassed
Non staked castle nut

Non 158 carpenter steel bolt
Blue insert for extractor
Is the carrier chrome lined/chamber?
Who knows if the chamber is a true 5.56?

This is what I could think of off hand.

The WW IS a better rifle but they are cheap on a few things still. Until they correct those (and they know what they are) they will never be in the same conversation as the big boys (BCM, Colt, DD, LMT, LWRC, KAC, etc.)

Does Windom Arms use an M16 BCG?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
its a pricepoint remington
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
So, what's the point of your posting ?

Anybody that has seen the M4 Chart knows these facts.       Some of them matter, most of them don't.    If something breaks, replace it with better parts.     Learn how to stake your own stuff.  

If you carry an AR for your job, buy from the left side of the chart.   If shooting is just a hobby, a hobby rifle is good enough.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where to start?

Non "F" marked FSB
Over gassed
Non staked castle nut

The WW IS a better rifle but they are cheap on a few things still. Until they correct those (and they know what they are) they will never be in the same conversation as the big boys (BCM, Colt, DD, LMT, LWRC, KAC, etc.)

View Quote

great...how does it shoot again?

Again this information is available elsewhere not sure the point of the post.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Where to start?

Non "F" marked FSB

Over gassed

Non staked castle nut

View Quote

Without the internet, you would have no idea what any of that means. Does the rifle work? That's really all that matters.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]
SO true. This info all came from the IN
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where to start?

Non "F" marked FSB
Over gassed
Non staked castle nut

View Quote

Never heard of them. Are they new? The name may need to be changed, it's a little too similar to another company that sells rifles.
Windham Weaponry
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#7]
My Bushmaster XM-15 E2S has fired well over 1000 rounds of everything from steel-cased to Lake City XM855 with absolutely zero malfunctions of any kind.  Too bad it will never be in the same league as BCM, Colt, DD, LMT, LWRC, KAC, etc.

After re-reading your original post, I'm still lost as to your purpose here.

Who knows if any chamber is true to 5.56 spec without measurement?  What you consider bad staking might look good enough to me...a lot of your points are opinion.  As stated, I've had great results with the exact same rifle you seem to think needs tons of work.  Iit seems you came here just to talk shit about a rifle you probably don't even own.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where to start?

Non "F" marked FSB
Over gassed Internet lore
Non staked castle nut If it's a problem whack it with a screw driver and a hammer

Non 158 carpenter steel bolt It is
Is the carrier chrome lined/chamber? It is
Who knows if the chamber is a true 5.56? It is

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this a parody thread of your own thread?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Moved to general discussions?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had my Bushie since 1995 and have shot over 9,000 rounds through it without a single malfunction. What's your point again?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I've heard of over-gassing, and have seen it in bubba rifle builds, I have yet to see a factory rifle being over gassed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I have no problems with my 2009 made in Maine Bushie. And yes, I've changed out the entire BCG with another one bought while Bushie was still in Maine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine has gone pew pew every time the trigger has been pulled
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had my Bushie since 1995 and have shot over 9,000 rounds through it without a single malfunction. What's your point again?
View Quote

The Bushie that made your Bushie is not the Bushie that made his Bushie.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Bushy's, and I've had 9 or 10, have been as good as my many Colts.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought my Bushmaster after the sunset of the AWB in mid 2005.  Gas key isn't 'properly staked' like a Colt is, I'll give you that, but I've put more rounds through it than any of my other AR's.  Seems to be working OK.  They really aren't that expensive either, which is a plus.  The name is also evil, which gives it a certain credibility all of it's own.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Moved to general discussions?
View Quote

Moved to the trash can more like.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Where to start?

Non "F" marked FSB
Over gassed
Non staked castle nut

View Quote

Why get a BCM? What's that hype all about? You should ask over at m4carbine too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maine Bushy != Carolina Bushy
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#21]
My Bushmaster Texas Carbine is excellent.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#22]
My Go To AR is an XM 15E2S carbine. It's pre Remington, though.

You are right about it not having a M16 carrier (has a commercial spec), having a non F marked FSB and mine even has a commercial spec buffer tube. The non F marked FSB was a non issue on mine though. It had a C7A1 Upper.

I've since shot out the original barrel though, so now its got a Sabre defense M4 profile barrel and a new CMMG 9310 BCG. Now I want to replace the Sabre barrel with a good 14.5" P/W medium contour midlength barrel.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had a Bushmaster since 2000, that I use as a match rifle. It has a non-staked bolt carrier key. I left it that way. because I was curious as to when it would catastrophically fail. After thousands of rounds, it still isn't even loose in the slightest.

While I agree weapons that are going to be carried into harm's way on a regular basis should be staked, just in case, I also believe this has been blown a little out of proportion.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mine has gone pew pew every time the trigger has been pulled
View Quote

I want your trigger -

Or maybe I don't.

Club fed doesn't sound like a fun place to be

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a bushmaster pre ban with 10K + thorough it and the only trouble it ever have was when the gas key got carboned solid from lack of cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My Bushmaster XM-15 E2S has fired well over 1000 rounds of everything from steel-cased to Lake City XM855 with absolutely zero malfunctions of any kind.  Too bad it will never be in the same league as BCM, Colt, DD, LMT, LWRC, KAC, etc.

After re-reading your original post, I'm still lost as to your purpose here.

Who knows if any chamber is true to 5.56 spec without measurement?  What you consider bad staking might look good enough to me...a lot of your points are opinion.  As stated, I've had great results with the exact same rifle you seem to think needs tons of work.  Iit seems you came here just to talk shit about a rifle you probably don't even own.
View Quote

This. My ban era XM has been 100%. My first ar, wouldn't trade it for nothing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#27]
My XM-15 has been great overall but I won't buy another bushmaster because of the none  F marked FSB bullshit.  I couldn't zero my ironsights when I bought it (with their carrying handle).  IMO it should be possible to zero a weapon as it is sold.

This was a 2004 rifle built quickly in the wake of the AWB sunset.  The front of the lower receiver also is cosmetically jacked up buy I don't really care about that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#28]
OP did you buy this rifle?

Or are you just bitching in general?

If you bought this rifle, it's your own damn fault for not doing your homework.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I have one, older, made in Maine.  I've heard a lot of bashing on here about Bushmaster....keep waiting on mine to show me the suck....couple years, thousands of rounds later and not a single problem with it.  Could be the maker, could just be the design of the rifle I don't really know.  But it's the most reliable thing I've bought in years.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#30]
LOUD NOISES!

&

dun..dun..dun      "The Chart"

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My XM-15 has been great overall but I won't buy another bushmaster because of the none  F marked FSB bullshit.  I couldn't zero my ironsights when I bought it (with their carrying handle).  IMO it should be possible to zero a weapon as it is sold.

This was a 2004 rifle built quickly in the wake of the AWB sunset.  The front of the lower receiver also is cosmetically jacked up buy I don't really care about that.
View Quote

Strange, mine has zeroed with 2 different carry handles after I changed it to a flat top upper. One was a cheap UTG handle, the other was a Cardinal forge marked handle that had a lot of wear on it. The front sight post was a little higher than usual, but it zeroed. I've also zeroed it on a Matech BUIS too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I also have a ban era XM that I got new around 2001 that has probably over 5k rounds through it with zero problems.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Carolina Bushy upper, 1/7, 14.5" with a perm Vortex and a KAC M4RAS all factory.
Beautifully matching M4 ramps, no problem in the least.

I would buy another in a minute.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Overgassed?  Know how I know you don't know what you're talking about?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Overgassed?  Know how I know you don't know what you're talking about?
View Quote

X2
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I have one from 2004 and after I put in a  9mm buffer, its been 100% reliable with everything I fed it.  Before that I had some problems. I heard it could be over gassed (I have no idea) and was told a heavier 9mm buffer would help. Not sure what the problem was exactly but its been completely reliable since I added the 9mm buffer.

Its made in Maine if that mattered.

Close to 2500 reliable rounds now

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#37]
04 bushy here that has eaten factory, steel case, good and dog shit reloads. Only hiccup was when a reload primer fell out and dumped powder into the action. Pulled the primer out and shook the action to get rid of the powder and kept going.  Very few cleanings and it just runs .  What's a f marked fsb?
Is my gtg (go to gun).
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a Pre Remington bushmaster Xm15 and it has been a great gun I have close to 6000 rounds through it no problems ever and it shoots steel cased ammo all day long. Do you plan on getting a Registered lower or LL or Dias if no then really what is the big plus to the M16 carrier. If you are that picky with your guns you probably should have got a Colt, Lmt, DD, or a Bravo company.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Hey Bro, you are preaching to the quire. I was simply repeating what another poster said. I have a Bushmaster with zero complaints. I id put a fail zero BCG for reliability and a BCG charging handle but I had no problems with ANY Bushmaster I have owned. I too think the badgering is BS.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Are you having functioning problems with yours, or are you just spouting off about something you don't own?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carolina bushy?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hey Bro, you are preaching to the quire. I was simply repeating what another poster said. I have a Bushmaster with zero complaints. I id put a fail zero BCG for reliability and a BCG charging handle but I had no problems with ANY Bushmaster I have owned. I too think the badgering is BS.
View Quote

So what's the point if the OP?

Also, "quire"? Seriously?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#44]
OP is retarded.

Windom Arms?
Quire?

And WTF is a BCG charging handle?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain in great detail, the difference without mentioning management. I'm genuinely curious as to your conclusions...
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#47]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/649215_Bushmaster_improvement.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1629444_Why_allof_the_BCM_hype_.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1634129_BCM_has_some_fine_marketing.html

Quoted:
I get a lot of answers, most saying Windom is "better" than Bushmaster. I have searched all over and cannot find a singe specific post to why it is better. Would someone be more specific?
View Quote

Clearly, you are a newb and have no idea wtf your talking about.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OP is retarded.

Windom Arms?
Quire?

And WTF is a BCG charging handle?
View Quote

Ghost guns have the charging handles attached to the bcd. its how they dump 30 mags in a second.  Do you know anything?  

<thread is dildos>
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Oh, I get it. The OP is trying to dazzle us with his knowledge, and thus gain instant credibility with GD in spite of his low post count.

I don't much think it worked ...
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top