Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/6/2014 11:04:23 AM EDT
A while back I had a nail stuck in the tire on my car.  Took the wheel off, put it in the bed of my truck and went over to NTB.  NTB: "Uh, we just let the guy who does that go on lunch break, he'll be back in an hour".  Three NTB employees standing in the lobby, only one car in the bays.    I stopped by Discount by chance, they gave me slightly shorter wait, but the tire would be done, not just getting started.  Oh and surprise! They did it for free.  I did NOT buy my tires there.  All but guaranteed I'll be back when it's time for new tires.

So today I decide to stop there and get my tires rotated.  Figured I got my freebie already, asked how much it was going to cost me.  Once again, on the house.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a great place to do business!  I have worked for the company for 8 years and all we ask for is that you buy your tires from us in the future.

Also a genuine "thank you" goes a long way.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discount Tire has always been my go to place for tires.

Not only good service but also the best prices in my area.

Big O comes in a close second.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Been using Discount Tire for 20 years.
Always been very pleased with cost and service.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently bought a tire/wheel combo from them for my 2500hd......no complaints whatsoever in dealing with them.  The price was right, the guy on the phone was competent and they were delivered quickly.

I wish they had a store here in my area.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#6]
The founder of Discount Tire, Bruce Halle, has a cool story.  He started his business with just four tires as his whole inventory.  He's now the richest guy that lives in Arizona, his stores pull in $3 billion a year in revenue.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#8]
My tire shop as well. Great company.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I go nowhere else.

No hassle road hazard warranty is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought these wheels online via Amazon and took the truck to Discount and bought those tires. I've been using them for many years now and no plans to switch.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A while back I had a nail stuck in the tire on my car.  Took the wheel off, put it in the bed of my truck and went over to NTB.  NTB: "Uh, we just let the guy who does that go on lunch break, he'll be back in an hour".  Three NTB employees standing in the lobby, only one car in the bays.    I stopped by Discount by chance, they gave me slightly shorter wait, but the tire would be done, not just getting started.  Oh and surprise! They did it for free.  I did NOT buy my tires there.  All but guaranteed I'll be back when it's time for new tires.

So today I decide to stop there and get my tires rotated.  Figured I got my freebie already, asked how much it was going to cost me.  Once again, on the house.
View Quote

The tire places also do other work on cars and will have flat rate guys who will never help out touching a tire as they do not get payed for it, so if the tire dude is on break or working on another car you wait. That is how it is at most all of those places.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's been my experience also.

They get my tire business.
View Quote

This.  They do a great job!
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to purchase my tires from shit boys, I then discovered Discount Tire and I will never go back,  they have always treated me well and my wife tore up a tire that I purchased for her,  they treated her like a queen,  Gave her a free drink and got her in and out.  

most people would say well that is what they are supposed to do,  well I know but today you are lucky to get a thank you.

I like them ........
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#14]
my runflats on my vette came from there, and my tire on my Tahoe came from there, both in the last year.

they will get my business again.  conveniently located, fast service, very competitive pricing.  

they also perform tire pressure service too (for free), which i appreciate.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#15]
DT has always treated me right.

been buying tires there since....the 90's, IIRC
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I have bought several sets of tires from them, no problem.
Only once my wife ran into a rude asshole. She was on her way to work and TPM alarm on one tire came on.
She pulls in and asks the guy can they check her air pressure (bought the tires there). Guy says OK.
Guy proceeds to check pressure on everyone else except my wife.
After about 7 people are taken care of in front of her she asks what's up.
"oh yeah, you need to get in the free air check line".
He saw her sitting there waiting all that time and never bothered to tell her there was a specific line for the air check.
My set of Michelins came from Costco. Haven't been back to Discount tire since.
And I was the guy who would bring in dozen donuts or kolaches when I bought tires.
One time it was hot afternoon, I brought in 8 milkshakes.

So, they lost a good customer. The Costco tire service was excellent.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, ditto.  Discount Tires has always done me right and has become my go to tire store for reason noted by the OP.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Another big thumbs up here. Great company.

I think their business model was to guilt me into buying from them by being so nice and helpful.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I have bought so many sets of tires from Discount Tire, not only should they fix my flats free, but they should greet me with a sloppy wet blowjob.

I will be in for at least three sets this year, possibly four............
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Of ALL companies I've ever done business with Discount Tire is tops in customer service. I always cite them when referencing what good customer service is. I don't think I've bought a tire anywhere else since the 90s.

Once, 20 years ago, I took my old beater Datsun in for new tires. The store was slow and there were a few guys hanging around the shop. The manager poked his head out the shop door and told them he wanted my tires mounted and balanced before he finished the paperwork. Those guys got to work and banged it out in like 10 minutes. For my crappy Datsun. It was cool.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Had DT rotate my tires while I shopped at a nearby store. I came back and saw my spare on my Jeep. The manager said I had a nail in my tire, it was beyond repair. Said I was covered, no charge for a new tire but he couldn't get the new tire until the next morning. No problem I said. Went back the next day to pick it up and he tried charging me over $200 and denied he ever told me it was covered/free.
Use to do a lot of business with them, haven't been back since.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Love the place. Always have quick service and no BS there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

NTB; National Tire & Battery.  Sear's attempt to break away from selling its tires and battery lines at just its Sears Auto Service Centers.  Everything bad you can think about Sears Auto Service moved over to NTB instead of starting with a clean sheet and correcting the institutional problems found with Sears.

I enjoyed my job as a teenager working in a Sears Tire & Battery shop.  But there was no way I wanted to become what the long-time employees displayed during my time there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My old buddy Tman used to shop around for the best price, and always went to Discount Tire last.  Why?

Because they will beat any other price.  No matter how low, they will beat it.

It's the only place I buy tires.

View Quote

same here......although I will hit them at a slow time...they will make some pretty good deals.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I used to purchase my tires from shit boys, I then discovered Discount Tire and I will never go back,  they have always treated me well and my wife tore up a tire that I purchased for her,  they treated her like a queen,  Gave her a free drink and got her in and out.  

most people would say well that is what they are supposed to do,  well I know but today you are lucky to get a thank you.

I like them ........
View Quote

My wife hit a piece of wood on a freeway that popped the bead of a tire....she got it to Discount....and they fixed it free...the tire was a OEM tire, when the car came due for tires...they got the work.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I just happen to sitting in a Discount Tire right now waiting on my new tires to be installed.

I have bought several sets of tires for ours cars and have always been happy with the service.  They will work with you on prices too.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I've bought my last three sets of tires from their online store, only because there's no stores local to me now. Never been treated bad there, which is more than I can say about 90% of tire shops.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Only once my wife ran into a rude asshole. She was on her way to work and TPM alarm on one tire came on.
She pulls in and asks the guy can they check her air pressure (bought the tires there). Guy says OK.
He saw her sitting there waiting all that time and never bothered to tell her there was a specific line for the air check.
And I was the guy who would bring in dozen donuts or kolaches when I bought tires.

View Quote

Thats when you call or go talk to the manager.  Let the manager know you dont appreciate the way your wife was treated.  If it was a manager, you go over his head. I dont stop shopping at places bc of a rude employee or an assshole.  That doesnt hurt them, it hurts the company or a small business owner.

Now when the owner or a big member of management blows you off, thats a different story.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Who ever thought of the pit crew style of doing business as Discount Tire must surely be a rich man indeed.
I have never had a complaint with a Discount store.
It's the only place I have been buying tires for many,many years.

In fact I have steered two teenagers to get jobs at Discount right after they got out of their final year of high school.
If they don't mind physical work and can't hack a summer there it will be very telling to their future.
Both guys I convinced to go and apply did good.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#30]
My wife and I only use them. I buy my tires at discounttiredirect due to forum discounts, buy four get one free, free certs...etc.
I have yet to understand how they make money. No matter what I take into the store, it's always free. Need new tpms sensors, free, need a nail fixed, free.
A few months back I had a tire that had a bubble in the sidewall, and my luck it was my snow tires in March.  Called up DCTD and the guy said we are all sold out of them due to the season being over. Put me on hold and found one with studs in it but pulled the studs for me. The last one in the country. He said I could have the tire for free if I bought the certs for my other three tires and he would throw the one in for that tire for free. So new snow tire for $50 and have free replacement certs on all of them now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Went to Discount for the first time and bought my most recent set of tires.  Was very impressed, the staff was nice, showed me all the tire options and didn't try to upsell the most expensive tire available...actually recommended a cheaper tire that would perform just as good and last just as long but have just a little more road noise as the more expensive ones, which is totally fine for that vehicle.  Left satisfied as a whole, will definitely go back next time.  Good to know about free flat repair and rotations.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I know where I'm doing my tire purchases from now on.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Somebody ought to send a link to this thread to corporate.
We're all brown-nosing so hard we ought to get coupons or something,
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Been using Discount Tire for 20 years.
Always been very pleased with cost and service.
View Quote

Same here.

Always been happy with what I get from them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow, timing!

I was in DTI this morning getting new shoes for the wife's 4runner.  I left feeling pretty good - but somehow POSITIVE I had been screwed over (no reason to feel that way, just habit from past experiences...). This was even after researching my tire choice online beforehand...  Glad to see I might be right about getting a square deal for a change!

Price was right, but I did let the salesman get me into the "replacement certificates" at a discount.  I know the conventional wisdom is that in-store warranties are always  a rip-off, regardless of product. But this was cheap enough - AND they have a new location right down the road so they'll be my go-to shop for tires.

(Soooooo, ARE the replacement certs a rip -off?)
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Four new tires in and out in 45 minutes.  No appointment and they were busy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Shipping here cost just as much as the tires.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Very good company, I have bought a few sets from them and will be going back when I need new ones on my FJ. Sent a few other people their way as well.  The cents are cheap enough I think it's worth getting them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#39]

'08 Honda Civic, replaced the crappy OEM tires with Pirelli P5s in2010.

First two years were problem free.  

Then I hit a brick in the road that destroyed one tire. Discount replaced it with a new tire. Right on.

Been having a very slow leak in my left front tire, took it in today...non-repairable tire, replaced with a new one.

No charge, no pro-rating bullshit, just excellent service.

That's how you do it when you want to keep your customers

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#40]
They were my go-to place for tire jobs back when I lived in Chicago.  Because of that, their prices, and their fast shipping they're now my go-to place online when I need to buy new tires.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Great company for sure, I know a couple people who work at the HQ in Scottsdale, they say the owner still shows up for work every day and is a down to earth guy who  also happens to be the richest man in AZ.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Sweeeeet deal...
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#43]
another big +1 for Discount Tires

Fast service, great managers, friendly employees . . . it really is how you wish every company was.

One of the managers at the one up the street from me I talk firearms with everytime I go in there.  Ended up selling a XCR for a friend of mine to him and got him into reloading 300BLK.  Great guy . . .
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Manager of our local Discount Tire is a shooter and gives a 10% discount to members of the local range. He  gave me the discount last time, even though I'm not a member (I belong to a smaller range closer to home.)  I  make an appointment online and have always been in and out in 30 minutes or less. Shop is clean, staff are friendly and they never surprise me with hidden fees or try to sell me unnecessary stuff.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#45]

They are good.   I don't sit in the lobby with my thumb in my butt - I stand outside and watch.

Amazing " Teamwork " at it's best.  
One guy gets through with a job - heads directly to the job on the next lift.

EVERYONE is hauling ass - doing something when there's work to be done.

BTW:  When I buy tires there, I get the road hazard...... All it takes is for you to ask them to take the " time limitation "  OFF the contract.
This way - If you've bought 50K tires and and only put 30K on them ( 4 years later ), they'll replace them if need be.

If you've bought tires from them ( in the last 6 - 8 months ), and want to add the road hazard - head on back - they'll do it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wow, timing!

I was in DTI this morning getting new shoes for the wife's 4runner.  I left feeling pretty good - but somehow POSITIVE I had been screwed over (no reason to feel that way, just habit from past experiences...). This was even after researching my tire choice online beforehand...  Glad to see I might be right about getting a square deal for a change!

Price was right, but I did let the salesman get me into the "replacement certificates" at a discount.  I know the conventional wisdom is that in-store warranties are always  a rip-off, regardless of product. But this was cheap enough - AND they have a new location right down the road so they'll be my go-to shop for tires.

(Soooooo, ARE the replacement certs a rip -off?)
View Quote

NO, they are NOT. I buy the road hazard warranty for my jeep. All 5 tires. I had a trailer pop off the ball while offroading. railer hitch ripped a gash in the sidewall of the tire. I took it in, told them what happened, asked if it was covered. It was. Tire had never touched the ground, was replaced with new one, for just the cost of new cert, like $15.  $180 tires.

Well worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Discount Tire, the "Blue Press" of tire stores....
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#48]
... good to go
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had the exact opposite experience w/ Costco. No appointments, buy and wait. Took me 3 tries, finally raced in there right at opening, and it still took 3 hours. And the fuckers never put the locking lug nut key back, so I had to take it to the dealership to get rid of them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok, I'll take a break from the discount tire circle jerk (however I have bought tires from discount tire direct, good deal and fast shipping so they are OK in my book) and ask why OP does not own a tire plug kit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top