Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/21/2014 6:01:30 PM EDT
I mean the weaving in and out, and racing all over the road, passing on the shoulder to jump one place in the line as the stop light is turning yellow/red.

My experience is that 90% are this way.  

I always look around for the two Japanese guys in that Subaru, but never can seem to spot them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a self-correcting problem.  Because when they wreck when driving like fucking retards, Lord Darwin ensures that they mostly don't do it a second time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Same reason people with more powerful cars drive faster than soccer moms in a caravan.

because their vehicle is capable of it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch some of the dash cams everyone seems to have in Eastern Europe on Youtube. Motorcycles will be extinct in 5 years if they keep that up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Because it is fun.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Compensating for shortcomings.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a pretty good adrenalin rush. You should try it sometime.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same reason people with more powerful cars drive faster than soccer moms in a caravan.

because their vehicle is capable of it.
View Quote

What kind of bike do you own?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Future coffin filler.

FCF for short.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#9]
They are looking for Adrian Barbo's tatas

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I love to lane split at the light and go right to the front.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Where do you live where MOST motorcyclists ride like that?  It must be interesting.  Where I live, the very few that ride like that are usually a self-correcting problem.

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I ride a early 80's Honda XL185, I must be the 10%.

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Where do you live where MOST motorcyclists ride like that?  It must be interesting.  Where I live, the very few that ride like that are usually a self-correcting problem.

View Quote

TX for a long time, now Missouri.  Have traveled a lot, and it's pretty consistent throughout my travels - especially in towns.  I mean, interstate driving at 80mph+ I don't really see it then obv.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to ride like that...splitting cars....160mph down the highway, riding wheelies on the highway.....then.....I hit the pavement at 80mph.
it fuckin hurt...bad.....I still ride but not like that. Just sold my ninja. Lookin for something else.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I like to ride fairly fast, and I do not like being behind cars...I am not a fan of the gravel, exhaust, flicked cig butts, and other things that end up flying up and out of cars.

If I am going to pass a car, I like to get it done quickly and have it over as soon as possible. This means I utilize all 180hp my S1000RR can put out for a couple seconds...and in a couple seconds it gets some serious speed.

Sorry that bothers you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Aren't there lots of tards driving in MO?

Pretty sure its the only place I've seen people stop at the bottom of an on ramp to merge into full speed traffic.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like to ride fairly fast, and I do not like being behind cars...I am not a fan of the gravel, exhaust, flicked cig butts, and other things that end up flying up and out of cars.

If I am going to pass a car, I like to get it done quickly and have it over as soon as possible. This means I utilize all 180hp my S1000RR can put out for a couple seconds...and in a couple seconds it gets some serious speed.

Sorry that bothers you.
View Quote

That's not really what I described in my OP, but thanks for the apology.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Aren't there lots of tards driving in MO?

Pretty sure its the only place I've seen people stop at the bottom of an on ramp to merge into full speed traffic.
View Quote

Yeah, it was an *ahem* an adjustment.  Grew up in Houston, so I learned to drive "aggressively".  Then it slowed down a lot in NE Texas.  But Missouri was a whole different deal.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#19]
When I used to ride, I'd  always go a little faster than traffic, because you have a bit more control of your own destiny.  It doesn't solve all problems, but you spend the least time in peoples' blind spots that way.  And it's fun!

I gave it all up because it was a low priority hobby for me, and I have too much to lose in an accident.  I might pick it up again when I'm an old man, where's the Goldwing!?
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Because for a few thousand bucks you can go as fast as some rich prick in a supercar.......you don't buy one of those bikes to get groceries......
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Louder the bike, the smaller the package -

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I mean the weaving in and out, and racing all over the road, passing on the shoulder to jump one place in the line as the stop light is turning yellow/red.

I always look around for the two Japanese guys in that Subaru, but never can seem to spot them.
View Quote

They are just trying to get past your slow ass as you drive 5 under the speed limit in the left lane.  And where the hell do you live where 90% of riders behave that way on the road?  Troll mood tonight?
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://media.giphy.com/media/kT0SsvMPrfiCI/giphy.gif
View Quote

I forgot that part. I was 8 or 9 when that movie came out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Ever wonder what it felt like to be a monkey riding a torpedo?  Get on a bike and you'll understand.  It's intoxicating.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They are just trying to get past your slow ass as you drive 5 under the speed limit in the left lane.  And where the hell do you live where 90% of riders behave that way on the road?  Troll mood tonight?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot in your insult to add that I drive a minivan.

...I drive a minivan.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Most dont.  

You know this
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://media.giphy.com/media/kT0SsvMPrfiCI/giphy.gif

Just google Swamp Thing Adrian topless
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
This. Even the sportbikes dudes - it's few and far in between.

Cars are much more common. Scion TC....1994 Honda Civic coupe...Same thing as a corvette to some dudes, lol.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#29]
It's the ballistic missle theory. It's harder to hit a moving target.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Because getting ahead of/away from traffic is safer than being in traffic.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Because it's fun as shit?  That's why I used to do it.

Pretty dumb in retrospect.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It is a pretty good adrenalin rush. You should try it sometime.
View Quote

there are times to live on the edge, but most of the time its stupidity and ego.
give it a go when the time is right.  grab life by the nads and squeeze.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#33]
In town, you are probably mostly seeing squids, urban youth wanting to show off. Most motorcyclists tend to prefer roads with few other vehicles, scenery, curves, and stay as far away from town as possible.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Because cars are so fscking slow and it's dangerous to be trapped among them.

I no longer have a bike because riding like you're in a box like everyone else is like holding on to an animal that's been caged for a week.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In town, you are probably mostly seeing squids, urban youth wanting to show off. Most motorcyclists tend to prefer roads with few other vehicles, scenery, curves, and stay as far away from town as possible.
View Quote

I won't say most, but we have a fair number of jackasses around here. There's some that like to ride 50-100 strong on I95 on the weekends. They'll block the whole fucking 5-6 lane freeway so some jackass can run down the middle doing a fucking wheelie at 75-80 mph. If I ever get video of one wiping it, it's going on the internet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

^ this
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same thing with gun owners too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry that bothers you.

I bet he didn't really mean it.

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Passing on the shoulder in an urban/suburban area is a self correcting problem.  Cars and trucks kick all of the debris to the shoulder, having thicker tires, this debris doesn't cause damage to their tires.  This debris, however, will deflate a motorcycle tire.

I can't recall any of my motorcycles' tires reaching tread limits in Atlanta.  Since leaving Atlanta, I haven't lost a tire to road debris since.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

My old Ducatis tag was SQU!D, which is kind of the opposite of the truth.  I wear a one piece suit and the rest of the goodies at all times, never do stunts, and don't ride like a dick.  The only "bad" thing I do is drag knee, but I only do that in the country and after I have ran the road to scout for gravel or any other issues.  I may occasionally drag knee on off and on ramps if there is no traffic around.  I wonder if that puts me in the 90% or the 10%?

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#41]
As a Missouri resident and a friend of several riders, I have to say I don't see what the OP is on about.

The lion's share of the riders I see are 50 year old dentists taking their "hog" out on the town with their "mama" at noon on a Saturday, usually doing under the limit. No weaving or stunting, just full on cruising. Bothering no one, obeying all traffic laws.

Now, go downtown around 3pm on a Thursday through Sunday and yes, you will encounter the fucking animals that burn over the bridge from the east side... Blocking traffic, weaving, showing off... All at 100mph with nothing between them and the pavement but a tee shirt and walmart helmet.

But those morons are in the vast minority and they don't tend to roam too far from their nests over the river. The second they see a police squad they duck back over the bridge.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because they don't...

I spent several years as an OTR truck driver, so I’ve seen a lot of people on the road.

Some of the best drivers on the road were the middle aged people on Gold Wings and such. It seemed like they all understood how to safely and properly drive in interstate traffic.

It seemed that the guys on the Harleys are usually cruising around town. But they were also safe drivers.

But the people on the race bikes? Yea, they do all kinds of crazy stuff. But it’s mostly a self correcting problem.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#43]
My dad told me when I was looking to get one, 2 kinds of people ride motorcycles.   Those who wreck and those who are gonna wreck.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I used to ride like that...splitting cars....160mph down the highway, riding wheelies on the highway.....then.....I hit the pavement at 80mph.
it fuckin hurt...bad.....I still ride but not like that. Just sold my ninja. Lookin for something else.
View Quote

2013 GSXR1000 with a power commander & full Akrapovic exhaust??

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Most? Nope, nuh uh, I don't believe most of the motorcyclists you see behave like that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:....middle aged people on Gold Wings...
View Quote

Only old people ride Wings
I'm sure there is some name for the phenomena, where a vocal/visible minority create a negative image for a majority. It is extremely prominent and visible in GD; Atheists, JBTs, Libertarians, Gays, etc.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My dad told me when I was looking to get one, 2 kinds of people ride motorcycles.   Those who wreck and those who are gonna wreck.
View Quote

Your dad should write for SNL.  I hear they're looking for some original material.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look who's mom won't let him get a motorcycle...

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I ride a hayabusa, but ride it like old men drive their corvettes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm sure there is some name for the phenomena, where a vocal/visible minority create a negative image for a majority. It is extremely prominent and visible in GD; Atheists, JBTs, Libertarians, Gays, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:....middle aged people on Gold Wings...

Yer....If I get road raged enough I'll pull my strategically placed Beanie Baby out of the left fairing pocket and shake it at you.
( it has a real mean face )
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top