Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2002 7:46:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2002 7:48:12 AM EDT by racebaiter]
This came in an email from a friend of mine. I was able to get most of the email, but am not sure here. I tried the on line translators and word/phrase databases, but several words were missing. I'm thinking it could be a significant sentence and would like to get the menaing without having to ask her. [b]Naja, vielleicht kommst Du mich ja mal besuchen und stattest mir einen Kranken-Besuch ab.[/b] Sincere thanks for any assistance.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:50:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2002 7:50:52 AM EDT by Offspring]
i use this site for translations [url]http://www.babblefish.com[/url] here is what the translation came out as (not perfect): Naja, perhaps you come visit me once and suffer me stattest one-visit off.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:51:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By racebaiter: [b]Naja, vielleicht kommst Du mich ja mal besuchen und stattest mir einen Kranken-Besuch ab.[/b]
View Quote
Well, maybe you'll visit me one time and visit me in my sick bed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:57:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kar98:
Originally Posted By racebaiter: [b]Naja, vielleicht kommst Du mich ja mal besuchen und stattest mir einen Kranken-Besuch ab.[/b]
View Quote
Well, maybe you'll visit me one time and visit me in my sick bed.
View Quote
Yep, thats about what I get as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:01:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2002 8:02:34 AM EDT by EricTheHun]
'Naja, perhaps you will come visit me and pay a sick-visit.' 'Kranken-Besuch' must be idomatic German for a what we term a sick-call of sorts. 'abstatten', itself, means to pay a visit (to). Where is [b]Kar98[/b] when you really need him? He is usually underfoot! [:D] Edited: Oh, there the little scamp is! Eric The(IWonderHow[u]That[/u]TranslatesIntoGerman?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:03:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2002 8:05:00 AM EDT by Kar98]
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Where is [b]Kar98[/b] when you really need him? He is usually underfoot! [:D] Edited: Oh, there the little scamp is!
View Quote
See my .sig :P You should have stopped a while ago :) [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/wavey.gif[/img]
Top Top