Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2002 7:17:58 PM EDT
[url]www.terminator3.com/[/url] sadly u need quicktime.

I am wondering how there going to explain skynet combing back after all they blew up everything  in the second movie.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
In sci-fi terms, I don't think time travel is a one time thing. You can go back and forth as many times as you please. Well, that's my theory.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna see this movie. They always go all out on the guns and destruction on the Terminator flicks(Two of my favorite things[:D])
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a huge terminator movie fan, and I am quite worried that they will manage to ruin this.  The trailer was lame as hell (it was on before LOTR: TT too).  Trailers are often pretty lame, so hopefully this doesn't nessecarily mean the movie will suck.  The trailers for T2 were pretty lame if you go back and watch them...  Certainly isn't a good sign though...

As for the story of how Skynet/the war could still happen, I can think of a few ways.  Number one, Arnolds hand and half of his arm were left in the gears at the factory at the end of T2 (the hand itself wasn't even actually in the gears getting crushed, should be intact).  Beyond that, there could have always been another high up guy at Cyberdyne that had information files/prototype stuff in his personal home or at a alternate secret lab or something.  Obviously there were setbacks, skynet couldn't have gone online when it original did after what happened in T2.  Which would explain why the next movie will now be taking place after the war was supposed to already have happened...  

Plenty of stuff they come up with that would be decent to answer all that IMO.  I'm just worried the movie itself will suck.  I mean the whole female terminator thing is gimicky as hell.  And this electrical based terminator or whatever the TX actually is could be lame anyway, on top of it being a petite feminine woman portraying the machine.  

No matter what I'll be going to see it, but that doesn't mean I won't be prepared for it to suckass...  My last Arnold movie I pay to see if they manage to ruin this.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Every good company has offsite backups done of critical data.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#6]
IF arnold the leftist is in it I wont pay. He has come out and stated that he sees no need for the general public to own "assult rifles".
He may have retracted it but at one point last year he said it since he is dipping his toe in the political soup of Kali. Dont ask me for a link, Im sure someone else here has seen the same info.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I am afraid this sequel is going to follow the exact same plot line as the previous movies. As a fan of the Terminator franchise I think there is only one option left to explore as far as additional movies: the future war. In each movie so far you get to see about 2 minutes of the future war. I think it would be cool to see how the war started and the eventual defeat of the machines leading to the terminators being sent back.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am afraid this sequel is going to follow the exact same plot line as the previous movies. As a fan of the Terminator franchise I think there is only one option left to explore as far as additional movies: the future war. In each movie so far you get to see about 2 minutes of the future war. I think it would be cool to see how the war started and the eventual defeat of the machines leading to the terminators being sent back.
View Quote

I second that
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#9]
FYI: The new terminator is played by Kristana Loken. She played Sable, Tiffany's archenemy in Unhappily Ever After. She also played the colonel's daughter in Pensacola: Wings of Gold series. Anyone knew that?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I think Arnold came out and said he didn't believe the general public should own hand guns, not assault rifles.  He said it after Phil Hartman's wife shot him dead a few years ago.  All of Hollywood was in shock and said some stupid reationary things.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think Arnold came out and said he didn't believe the general public should own hand guns, not assault rifles.  He said it after Phil Hartman's wife shot him dead a few years ago.  All of Hollywood was in shock and said some stupid reationary things.
View Quote

Arnold's a pompous Hollywood ass. From what I've read, he's for RKBA restrictions; even though in 95% of his movies, firearms pay for his meal ticket. I find it laughable that he's being considered for a Kali Gubernatorial candidate.

FWIW, the Hartman incident was a murder/suicide, and the worst comments that I recollect came from Sylvester Stallone... another hypocritical celluloid waste of human skin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top