Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2002 12:59:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2002 1:37:19 PM EDT by BostonTeaParty]
From ilikelegs sig:
90%-95% OF ALL THE CONFLICTS ON THIS PLANET TODAY INVOLVE MUSLIMS FIGHTING NON-MUSLIMS OR EACH OTHER!
View Quote
I believe the actual number is closer to 50% Based mainly on research from the Global Security website [url]http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/index.html[/url], I came up with the following list of ongoing conflicts in the world. It's a little hard to decide where exactly to draw the line between an ongoing armed conflict and isolated civil unrest or terrorism. But I think the percentage holds pretty well no matter where you draw the line. Conflicts involving an Islamic party: Afghanistan - civil war/war with United States Algeria - civil war between government and Armed Islamic Group India - insurgency in Kashmir by Pakistani guerillas Indonesia - civil war in Aceh Iraq - conflict with U.S./U.K. over no-fly zones, etc. Philippines - Moro insurgency Russia - separatist war in Chechnya Somalia - civil war Sudan - civil war Conflicts not involving a primarily Islamic party: Burma - multiple ethnic tribal insurgencies Burundi - civil war between Tutsi government and Hutu rebels (both Christian) Colombia - insurgencies by FARC and ELN (over narcotics) India - insurgencies in Assam and Naxalite (Maoist) Indonesia - insurgency in Irian Jaya (indigenous groups) Mexico - insurgiences by Zapatista guerillas Senegal - insurrection in Casamance by MFDC Sri Lanka - civil war between government (Buddhist) and Tamils (Hindu) Uganda - insurgencies by LRA and ADF
Top Top