Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2002 3:26:13 PM EDT
Check out these links:

http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s747236.htm

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1039841619361_8//

Be sure to check out the video clip - it's hilarious.

Anyone wanna bet these are Yugos? Media up here described them as modern, "high-powered", possibly full-auto, assault weapons, capable of holding 30-round magazines, and commonly used by criminals. They made special mention of the grenade launchers and bayonets. Oh - I especially loved the part where the SKS was described as the weapon of choice for many modern armies.

My guess is a perfectly legal shipment of Yugo SKS rifles destined for (now disappointed) importers in the US and/or Canada. A legal shipment, illegally seized.

Fellow Canadians on the board should take the time to send an email to CTV, pointing out that virtually everything in their "story" is incorrect. I did.

Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I told you my SKS was the bomb!
[sniper]
See, it is a modern assualt rifle.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Darn it, now I really want a folding-stock SKS.
I just hope I'll be able to own a "Fully Automatic High-Tech Super-Powerful Assault Rifle with a Grenade Launcher and Bayonet".  
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Oh - I especially loved the part where the SKS was described as the weapon of choice for many modern armies.
View Quote

They've been watching stories on the "militia" again.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, and tomorrow they'll be back on their way here to the good ole US of A. Sound like Yugos to me too. Maybe somebody will be having a sale soon and get the price below $100. I'd like to buy five or six of em.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
When most Sheeple hear "grenade launcher" they picture a 40mm.  I guess i really am Captain Obvious.

-DEERSNIPER
[sniper]  
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
12 SCUDS  are released to the country of Yemon..

It would not suprise me if this load is dumped overboard ... to maintian "HOME LAND SEC"..

would not suprise me one bit.

[:(]

Link Posted: 12/15/2002 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]
It would not suprise me if this load is dumped overboard ...
View Quote

In light of the ATF's recent "concerns" about a "glut" of C&R-elgible rifles reaching America, I wouldn't be surprised, either...
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top