Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/6/2002 8:20:34 PM EDT
I'm having a problem accessing a partition on my drive. Here goes: My hard drive is partitioned into three NTFS partitions: C:, D:, and E: Drives. WindowsXP is located on the C: Drive. After a restart I can no longer access my E: partition. Computer management indicates that my E: partition is healthy, but under file system it does not recognize it as an NTFS partition. Any ideas what, if anything, I can do to recover the data that was on the E: partition? I haven't added any new software, changed or added components, changed drivers, or screwed with any system configurations in any way. Thks in advance...
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 8:23:18 PM EDT
Have you, by chance, installed any file sharing software (ie, bearshare, kazaa, or similar?)
Originally Posted By ChrisLe: I'm having a problem accessing a partition on my drive. Here goes: My hard drive is partitioned into three NTFS partitions: C:, D:, and E: Drives. WindowsXP is located on the C: Drive. After a restart I can no longer access my E: partition. Computer management indicates that my E: partition is healthy, but under file system it does not recognize it as an NTFS partition. Any ideas what, if anything, I can do to recover the data that was on the E: partition? I haven't added any new software, changed or added components, changed drivers, or screwed with any system configurations in any way. Thks in advance...
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 8:28:20 PM EDT
Did you check the (logical) drive for errors?
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 8:34:48 PM EDT
Top Top