Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2002 2:22:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot that damn dog! Price~$0.10.

Perhaps an extra wide threshold would cover it up?

PONY_DRIVER
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
if dogs chew its usually cuz of tension.  take him out and play wiht him a little bit more often, enough to wear him out, and that will help the problem.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
1- Replace carpet. (find a closet or something and swap a piece out, have to cut and stitch to fix it)  A real carpet person would need to look at the house to see if it was repairable.

or

1- sew up any rips.
2- cut a bit off the bottom of the door
3- add a threshold thing under door
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
they will cut it out going back about 3 feet...and put in a patch(you [i]did[/i] save some carpet right? lol - you'll have to steal it from somewhere in the house). I see the seams so that should be easy.. scrape the shit off of the bottom (the sealing tape). and put the new patch in with a carpet stretcher. It should take about an hour and cost maybe  $75-100.

I would not reccommend doing it yourself, IMHO, making the seams look good (propely cutting, seaming tape, stretching) is fairly difficult.

Edit: and you will need the Iron for melting the seam tape and the stretcher... well over a $100 bones there already.

Kinda funnny that the carpet guy said you couldn't do that.. lol. What is it that they do there?[:D]

Reminds me of Monty Python and the cheese shop where they don't sell cheese... hehe
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, dont call a carpet or flooring store, call a carpet installer.  And yeah, unless you knwo what you are doing it is way easy to screw it up much worse than it already is
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
cut that section out and TILE it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
cut that section out and TILE it.
View Quote

That is an excellent idea, but it looks like that door goes into a hallway or it is the hallway, might look kinda goofy. Too bad it's not going outside.

Hey DVD what the hell is on the other side of that door? Is that where you keep the miniture chuckwagon that carries around dogfood?

[url=http://www.theonion.com/onion3305/chuckwagon.html]Good thing you keep the door closed![/url][:D]

Edit: Just noticed what Jew was talking about... it leads to the garage... I second his idea of laying some tile there.. much easier, cheaper, and you can do it yourself in a few hours (Just find a nice size you won't have to cut.)
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
DVD wrote it goes into the garage.

Wouldn't look too bad and it would save him the dog tearing up again.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
DVD wrote it goes into the garage.

Wouldn't look too bad and it would save him the dog tearing up again.
View Quote

LOL, beat ya by 1 second..[:D]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#10]
DVD,
I HAVE BEEN AN INSTALLER FOR OVER 13 YEARS..
SHOOT ME AN EMAIL....
[email protected]

JUST GOT DONE DOING 2 OF THESE THIS WEEK...LOL

THANKS
STEVE L
79TRANSAM
Top Top