Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2013 4:14:09 PM EDT
While ranges vary based on ammunition, Ground. In an ADA role, the 25-mm automatic gun has a maxi-mum effective range of 3,000 meters against ground targets using HEI-T. link

It is a widely used weapon system in the US Military, installed on ground vehicles and naval vessels

Bradley fighting vehicle:

MK38 Naval variant:

Bradley fucking shit up in Desert Storm

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]

As a former Bradley Gunner I approve of this thread.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
that's no bushwhacker
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice....

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah but is the gas key properly staked?
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah but is the gas key safety wire properly stakedinstalled?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The Mk38s were the one weapon system on the ship that positively fucking hated me

Still a pretty cool gun when it works.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Mk38s were the one weapon system on the ship that positively fucking hated me

View Quote

is that a giant aimpoint in that pic? Also, what is the red lollipop lever?
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Also, what is the red lollipop lever?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manual sear select if memory serves me right.  It's been 16 years since I've last touched the 25mm.

Have any of you guys manually cranked that bitch to cycle all the way and fire?  I think we did that once or twice on the range just to show us how (in case we had a complete power system failure).
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MILES laser.

As a former gunner, I also approve of this thread. To the other Bradley gunners, yes, I have my Sears socket set still...
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Manual sear select if memory serves me right.  It's been 16 years since I've last touched the 25mm.

Have any of you guys manually cranked that bitch to cycle all the way and fire?  I think we did that once or twice on the range just to show us how (in case we had a complete power system failure).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How difficult was it to pull out of the turret on the Bradley?  In the LAV-25 it was a bitch because of the tight quarters and awkward angles.  Honestly, the worst part was reconnecting the feed chutes, especially the AP feed chute closest to the driver's compartment.

God, I miss the THUMP THUMP THUMP of that weapon system.  It was awesome.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SEAR select solenoid.

Yes

What is the primary purpose of the SEAR assembly?  
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck a bunch of Bradley training however.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

MILES laser.

As a former gunner, I also approve of this thread. To the other Bradley gunners, yes, I have my Sears socket set still...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MILES laser.

The only weapon that required a 17mm socket wrench, shot a perfect 1000 on table 8 gunnery once. The back gauge looking thing is called the BPI Bolt Position Indicator
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

SEAR select solenoid.

Yes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SEAR select solenoid.

Yes

Pssssh
Feed select solenoid noob
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Everyone probably saw this when they googled pictures of a "Bushmaster" after the Newtown shooting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice gat.

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart gunners cut the end off the manual crank and chuck it up in an electric drill
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Rusty shit makes me angry! Salt spray be damned wtf squids?
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

SEAR select solenoid.

Yes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SEAR select solenoid.

Yes

Christ, I can't remember. All I remember the the sear assembly cycled the weapon system, and that the grease stunk and was a bitch to get out of a uniform.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How difficult was it to pull out of the turret on the Bradley?  In the LAV-25 it was a bitch because of the tight quarters and awkward angles.  Honestly, the worst part was reconnecting the feed chutes, especially the AP feed chute closest to the driver's compartment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sucks in a Bradley I had many Bradley bites on my hands, we were timed taking the gun out and putting the gun back in the turret. Remember the track and bolt and that black grease shit we put on them?
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Isn't the Bradley aimed with basically iron sights? How easy (or not) is that?
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Rusty shit makes me angry! Salt spray be damned wtf squids?
View Quote

Show me an M242 from a ship that doesn't have rust on the cap screws and I'll show you someone that replaced all the cap screws before the inspection

The feed sprocket knobs are a bitch to keep decent looking though...unless the gun never gets uncovered
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Christ, I can't remember. All I remember the the sear assembly cycled the weapon system, and that the grease stunk and was a bitch to get out of a uniform.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SEAR select solenoid.

Yes

To positively position the roller assembly chain master link at the end of a firing burst thereby orienting gun components for feed selection.

3 long months of my life I'll never get back
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're talking about the mk38 picture, yes it's an aimpoint, aimpoint mps to be exact
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#27]
last time I fired the 25mm was in osut. It was a pain in the ass to load up a full belt into the turret just to squeeze off a few shots. I think it weighed like 200 pounds
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To positively position the roller assembly chain master link at the end of a firing burst thereby orienting gun components for feed selection.

3 long months of my life I'll never get back
View Quote

We bask in the aura of your lethality master gunner-san.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was on an M2A2 that had magnified ( high and low) second generation thermal sites and an AUX site, no laser rangefinder we had a range choke inside the site.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was on an M2A2 that had magnified ( high and low) second generation thermal sites and an AUX site, no laser rangefinder we had a range choke inside the site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that doesn't sound so bad.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Want.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

MILES laser.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MILES laser.

I think he's talking about the navy pic, and yes it is a giant aimpoint
It's either an MPS or MPS2.  Same electronics as the Comp M2 just a bigger lens and housing.  The new one are the MPS3 which has the same electronics as the CompM4
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M3A3. We had LRF, 48x thermal and TV sights along with a Commanders independent viewer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

M3A3. We had LRF, 48x thermal and TV sights along with a Commanders independent viewer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M3A2 ODS and M3A3 here....
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm dating myself here.

M2A1 and then M2A2 ODS.

Who remembers the stupid water cooler in the back of the M2A1? What a waste of space.

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#36]
It's nice and all, but it kinda loses it's pizzazz when next to a 120mm. Now that's a gun!
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's nice and all, but it kinda loses it's pizzazz when next to a 120mm. Now that's a gun!
View Quote

These boots were not made for walking.

Don't you have some flair to rearrange on a bustle rack or something?
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

While ranges vary based on ammunition, Ground. In an ADA role, the 25-mm automatic gun has a maxi-mum effective range of 3,000 meters against ground targets using HEI-T. link

It is a widely used weapon system in the US Military, installed on ground vehicles and naval vessels

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/systems/images/m242_25mm_gun.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/M2Bradley-M242.jpg

MK38 Naval variant:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1e/US_Navy_090125-N-3931M-160_Information_Systems_Technician_3rd_Class_Adam_Gayner_mans_a_25MM_chain_gun_aboard_the_guided-missile_destroyer_USS_Mason_%28DDG_87%29_while_monitoring_a_small_boat_transiting_from_the_merchant_vessel_MV_F.jpg/800px-thumbnail.jpg

http://pics.imcdb.org/0is38/wnewsgwi2.9352.jpg
View Quote

1984 got back from Oki, signed up for new LAV Battalion. Pulled TAD to 29 Palms Test & Evaluation for LAV 25.

Trained by GM and DELCO engineers on the vehicle and turret system.

That was a bad ass motherfucker. Cruisin over rough terrrian and could still lay fire on target with the stabilization system.

But la familia and The Corps were at odds.  La familia took precidence.

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#39]
These turned up at a yard sale, and were picked up by a guy who thought my best friend would be interested.

He was, because he knew that I would love to have them for my cartridge collection.

The projectile on the right has the "Bushmaster" cannon logo.

I've never seen any others on the market, ever.

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Boner thread. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

1984 got back from Oki, signed up for new LAV Battalion. Pulled TAD to 29 Palms Test & Evaluation for LAV 25.

That was a bad ass motherfucker. Cruisin over rough terrrian and could still lay fire on target with the stabilization system.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/systems/images/m242_25mm_gun.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/M2Bradley-M242.jpg

MK38 Naval variant:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1e/US_Navy_090125-N-3931M-160_Information_Systems_Technician_3rd_Class_Adam_Gayner_mans_a_25MM_chain_gun_aboard_the_guided-missile_destroyer_USS_Mason_%28DDG_87%29_while_monitoring_a_small_boat_transiting_from_the_merchant_vessel_MV_F.jpg/800px-thumbnail.jpg

http://pics.imcdb.org/0is38/wnewsgwi2.9352.jpg

I take it you knew Sgt Mueller, Rosado, and Chandler?  They may had been lance coolies or corporals at the time.  I was engaged to the retired Master Gunnery Sgt Chandler's younger sister for awhile.

The corp is a small place, yo!  
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I can personally attest they are an absolute blast to fire.  Especially when you put the tracer rounds right through the window of the old burned-out truck you are firing at some 1,000 meters away.  

However, if you ever get a jam be prepared for 2-3 hours of angry swearing....
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Even had Aimpoint manufacturer's markings on the side IIRC.  Functioned exactly like the smaller ones.

The red knob is (I think) the sear select as others have said.  I didn't do much work on the Mk38s since one of the other GMs had gone to the school and he fussed with them most of the time.  They were finicky beasts.  I'd rather have a Ma Deuce that works than a 25mm that doesn't
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 5:27:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes.  Even had Aimpoint manufacturer's markings on the side IIRC.  Functioned exactly like the smaller ones.

The red knob is (I think) the sear feed select as others have said.  I didn't do much work on the Mk38s since one of the other GMs had gone to the school and he fussed with them most of the time.  They were finicky beasts.  I'd rather have a Ma Deuce that works than a 25mm that doesn't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The red knob is (I think) the sear feed select as others have said.  I didn't do much work on the Mk38s since one of the other GMs had gone to the school and he fussed with them most of the time.  They were finicky beasts.  I'd rather have a Ma Deuce that works than a 25mm that doesn't

Loved my 25, loved the M2. Both work awesome with a good crew.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/FREE_clothing_cropped.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/FREE_clothing_cropped.jpg

As a guy that was always in airborne infantry units that then got sent to an armor BN, I approve of this message.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Scout's out
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While ranges vary based on ammunition, Ground. In an ADA role, the 25-mm automatic gun has a maxi-mum effective range of [g[/url]

spent some time with 'em at APV. BAM +1. Easy barrel change-out for such a large caliber weapon. The way ATK cuts the rifling on all it's chain guns is like magic. MK44 30/40 can lay down some serious hurt on mofos.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Where can I get one?

Bilster

PS

Fuck Obama
Fuck Biden
Fuck Holder
Fuck Cuomo
Fuck Swinestain
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top