Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2002 6:32:11 AM EDT
Anybody here been through N.B.T, just wondering what its like compared to the Army.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been through both. Both were weak. Army is more physically demanding (just a mind over matter thing) and the Navy's was more psychologically demanding. Even weaker than that now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The Navy has Basic Training?  When did they start that? [:D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard it's similar to P.E. in the 8th grade. (hehehe this ought to get um fired up!)
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#4]
[stirring the pot]
What do you call 25 Sailors all walking the same direction?

A parade!
[/stirring the pot]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The only Navy training I've been through was at
Parris Island,after all is said and done the Corps IS a part of the Navy,DAMN that was hard,to say.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The Navy doesn't have "basic training", that's for disobedient dogs.  The Navy has "Boot Camp".  I was there 11 years ago, mentally demanding but from what I hear less so now.  Just try to go in the warm months.  Great Lakes is a frigid place in winter.  Physically it is not real bad but I admit I was winded a few times while there.  My best advice is to never give up trying anything.  If your legs are shot and you can't do one more mountain climber still try know what I mean!  If you make a real effort to never give up anything they ask of you even if it is impossible, they will see your pretty squared away and leave you alone pretty much.  Also do exactly what you are asked, nothing more, nothing less, attention to detail!   Oh one more, don't touch the ornamental weaponry at the galley or any other place for that matter.  There was these torpedoes that were all shiny and the like at the galley entrance and I just had to try and spin the screws on it one morning.  One of the times I was winded!
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The only Navy training I've been through was at
Parris Island,after all is said and done the Corps IS a part of the Navy,DAMN that was hard,to say.
View Quote

[shock] I can't believe my ears! Would you mind repeating that. This squid forgot to turn on the recorder...[:D]

Anybody here been through N.B.T, just wondering what its like compared to the Army.
View Quote

In answer to your question, the Army and USMC boot camps are more physically oriented than the Navy. The bottom line is whichever one you chose, the rules are all the same:

1. Prepare before you go! That means running, pushups, and situps.

2. Pay attention and follow directions to the letter! Its called 'attention to detail'

2. Always give 110%

3. Be invisible. In every class there's a f*ckup, a wiseass, a moron, and various other nitwits. They will draw the DI's attention and will bear the brunt of his ire. Don't be one of them!

Best of luck....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top