User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2002 8:11:58 PM EDT
[img]http://www.tromix.com/2002/2002_images/siam_bl_sm.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally, Siamese-15's

Wierd.

Edited because it's late and I'm an idiot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
How would the top one fire?
Seems to me that you would get one shot, then the unfired cartrige would eject from the top one, chamber a new one and then that's it!
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Now thats an assault weapon.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
But how do you sight it? Shouldn't it at least have an optic or something? Or do you just spray?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys noticed the gas tube crossover, right?

Here, from Tromix:  [url]
www.tromix.com/Tromix_Jackhammer.htm[/url]

Siamese 223 -
The latest and most insane creation by Tromix is this Siamese 223 for LAW Enforcement only.
The synergistic exchange of gas tubes forces the expanding gasses from the lower rifle to the top rifle allowing it to cycle a cartridge into the top breach then fire when the bolt is closed. The gas from the top rifle is then sent back down to the lower rifle where the first empty round gets ejected and a new cartridge is loaded into the breach.  It is a wicked wild ride when fired FULL AUTO.

Edited to add:  Tony doesn't need any kind of rational use for what he creates.  They're TOYS.  I'd build the same sort of crap if I was as smart (insane?) and could legally manufacture class III. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Why not????????
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Eugene Stoner is rolling in his grave, guys.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Trying to figure the operation. My head hurts.
If it fired from an open bolt... no nevermind. It's an AR-15.
If when the gas from one barrel... And through to the other... I'm lost.
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 12:53:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll take two!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 1:08:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#13]
80% THIS ONE 80% THIS  ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay, this kept me awake all night (or was it all morning...).
I figure that if it did fire from an open bolt, fixed firing pin style, and when you pull the trigger all that did was release the lower bolt, firing the lower barrel. But the top gun is regular closed bolt, you don't chamber it first shot, the gun does all by itself, when the lower barrels gas pushes the bolt back. So then, if you keep the trigger held down, the upper bolt goes back, feds from the top mag the bullet, and then fires the bullet, because the top gun has a hammer and free-floated firing pin, but the lower "slam-fires" everytime you pull the trigger. So then the gas from the upper barrel goes down and cycles the bolt on the lower gun, feeding another round and firing it. This cycle keeps on going, seems it would be hard to stop it. Maybe the lower bolt wont close if you're not pulling the trigger.
Or maybe it fires both barrels at the same time, then operates as a normal gas system rifle would, just firing two shots at once, instead of just one. If that was so, the gas tubes criss-crossing would just be an unnessecary complication, and could lead to a really bad jam, because if a jam occurs in just one of the barrels, it would cause the whole gun to stop functioning. So really it makes the gun twice as likely to jam.
But it's a neat idea.
Am I right on the operation system?
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I heard they were going to send it to Dallas.

There's a doctor here that can seperate them.

95% chance they will both survive.

[:)]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Let me see if I can explain it the way Tony did the other night. BTW it is a heavy bastard. You place magazines in both lowers, however the top lower has no trigger, only a hammer and you DO NOT chamber a round. You only chamber a round in the lower rifle. This bastard fires full auto also. It fires from a modified open bolt theory. What happens is that it will cycle from the gas bleed off from the lower rifle. In other words it will chamber and fire everytime after the lower is fired. The last round fired will be from the top lower. As to why build one who cares. It is fun and I could build one I would also. I hope I cleared this up. I love living in Tulsa, OK since I am just about 50 blocks or so from Tony's shop. You never know what new things he comes up with.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#17]
There is no reason to ask why!!! Tony builds shit because he CAN!!! [sinister laugh]

Tony makes some cool stuff. I have one of his .458 SOCOM uppers and it is awesome.  Give him a little he may stumble onto this thread and give you the "how" it works. He put a thread up on that same weapon a few months ago to get some reactions. It worked!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#18]
A picture, to define the term, "Double Tap"! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#19]
So I was half right, then? I can sleep! Yes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top