Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2002 6:54:34 PM EDT
Recently, I had to resign my job as a mechanic/engineer. A number of things drove this, but basically I was seeing myself going nowhere.. I'm planning on attending the local college (Yavapai community college), and thought that some input as to what course of study I should take would be helpful..Yes, I know about their fine gunsmithing program and that IS a consideration..

Thanks for your input..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yavapai...that's over in Scottsdale, AZ isn't it?

Here's the sitrep: (1.) the economy stinks for the private sector, especially for high tech jobs, (2.) Government jobs are plentiful, and very stable.

If you have a BA or BS degree then I would say become a teacher. There is a huge shortage of teachers. This would mean enrolling in a University's Credentialing program.

Otherwise: Police Academy, Fire Dept., Public Works.

One good temp Job: is being a School Bus driver. It requires that you get a Class A or B Driver's license along with a special permit. The School Bus Driver Permit is the highest driver category that you can get. If you are a School Bus driver you can easily get a job as a Charter Bus or City Bus driver.

Gunsmithing is fun..(in fact I dream of it all the time) but it is extremely hard to make a living at it. Especially when you are new in the trade.

Take a look at your local, state, and federal government jobs.
Top Top