Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
What happened to CRC?
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does uxb still post? I love me some uxb.
View Quote

Sparingly, but yes.  One of the most amazing people on the internet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hello BES.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

hmmm...never saw anything from snowleopard that i thought of as genius--she just struck me as an odd bird.  but we didn't cross paths much, so i'll take your word for it.

BES was just one of those people who attracted drama, even though she didn't invite it. i suspect most of it came from the pointy elbows brigade, who wanted to prove that they would indeed talk shit to a pretty girl. it's a shame--she had a lot to say, but it kinda got lost behind the 'pretty girl' label that got stapled to her around here.  that must have been tiresome for her.  her perspective is missed.

dan...i don't know about dan.  he could be loud and obnoxious, but you need that kind of energy at any party.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

same.  when life gets busy, i tend to scan the first page of GD for anything newsworthy, and (thankfully) miss out on all of the drama.

Yep-thats me, for the most part anyway, sometimes my fingers will get away from my brain and I will post something I regret though.
This has been a very busy year for me.
Snowleopard was a true genius and like so many of them she was crazy, at least IMO.
Bigeasysnow seemed like good people to me though we never interacted much.
I miss TanTSX too....a fellow CT resident.

hmmm...never saw anything from snowleopard that i thought of as genius--she just struck me as an odd bird.  but we didn't cross paths much, so i'll take your word for it.

BES was just one of those people who attracted drama, even though she didn't invite it. i suspect most of it came from the pointy elbows brigade, who wanted to prove that they would indeed talk shit to a pretty girl. it's a shame--she had a lot to say, but it kinda got lost behind the 'pretty girl' label that got stapled to her around here.  that must have been tiresome for her.  her perspective is missed.

dan...i don't know about dan.  he could be loud and obnoxious, but you need that kind of energy at any party.  

Huh, that is an interesting observation. I hadn't thought about it that way. I figured it was just people who felt that the women folk didn't deserve any attention and were upset that they weren't "popular" posters.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hello BES.
View Quote

Kkid!

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello BES.

Kkid!

http://www.gifs.cc/food/dancing-corn-animated.gif

hehe
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every time I see an owl I think of him.

It was his Simo Hayha thread that made me think of the name for the wee beastie.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Banned - nearly 3 years now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
87GN

Sad how time flies.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

hehe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello BES.

Kkid!

http://www.gifs.cc/food/dancing-corn-animated.gif

hehe

There's a lot of corn on the internet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
R.I.P., NAM.  

Well not literally, since he was only banned and not dead.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 3:16:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Airwolf

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about that dude from Montana, had a blue haired anime avatar. MNE or something...
Airwolf

Maybe I'm getting the avatars mixed up, one had red hair and the other had blue. I found this thread on Airwolf, but can't google anything up on MNE.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 3:46:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sad how time flies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
87GN

Sad how time flies.

Scary too....you wonder where it went...
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 3:59:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Free MARKM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Like Jane said, the behind the back shit talk is what did it for me, but I did visit again. On those visits I found arfcom had changed. I used to feel like I fit in here with paranoid gun nuts, but it seems like there's been a trend towards normalcy in the arfcom populace. These folks don't shower with a gun under a towel next to the tub, they don't give fake names for baristas to mark on their cups because of persec. And they want everything to be light and positive. I miss the negative Nancies with a plan to kill everyone in the room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The tech forums have become repetitive and bland, with SMEs more scarce than I remember and some pretending going on, too, and GD feels like the centerpiece of the site.  Despite there being a good number of folks who enjoy good humor and intelligent conversation in GD, the experience is soiled by a significant number of posters steeped in immaturity, gorging themselves on manufactured drama and thinking that everything is their business.  So, no, I don't post much.  I hang out on the side here with some friends and a few professional contacts, and that's about it.  

Like Jane said, the behind the back shit talk is what did it for me, but I did visit again. On those visits I found arfcom had changed. I used to feel like I fit in here with paranoid gun nuts, but it seems like there's been a trend towards normalcy in the arfcom populace. These folks don't shower with a gun under a towel next to the tub, they don't give fake names for baristas to mark on their cups because of persec. And they want everything to be light and positive. I miss the negative Nancies with a plan to kill everyone in the room.

LOL! That is too funny, I thought I was the only one who took things to that level...glad to see I have company in this practice!

I should have used the "it's persec not paranoia" retort  with a friend who was with me one time I did it and gave me the look.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#15]
You know, I haven't seen a post from Bum_Fight_Ref for almost a year.

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Just thought of another one; QUIB.

I somewhat know the story behind him leaving, and it's been a long while now.  But his posts were a big help when I joined here.  Too bad that he took his knowledge elsewhere.

Link Posted: 11/24/2013 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I somewhat know the story behind him leaving, and it's been a long while now.  But his posts were a big help when I joined here.  Too bad that he took his knowledge elsewhere.

View Quote

He still posts.  Especially in the "Post a picture you took in the last week" thread here in GD.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hi y'all

It's funny, but I'm not at all offended. Thinking back, I wonder I was so hard on her because she reminded me of my own oddities and social shortcomings. She may have been annoying at times, and she may not have had the best grip on reality, but she never fought back or got ugly. She (or he) took the abuse with a lot more class than I would have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hi y'all

Quoted:
I'd be one hard sneeze away from a stroke if I was being confused with Snowleopard. You could run a pressure washer off my BP.

It's funny, but I'm not at all offended. Thinking back, I wonder I was so hard on her because she reminded me of my own oddities and social shortcomings. She may have been annoying at times, and she may not have had the best grip on reality, but she never fought back or got ugly. She (or he) took the abuse with a lot more class than I would have.

You're being very generous. She has issues: like real serious issues. You're far from that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He still posts.  Especially in the "Post a picture you took in the last week" thread here in GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  Nice.

I thought he was gone for good.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It was his Simo Hayha thread that made me think of the name for the wee beastie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Can't find it.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top