Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2002 3:04:22 AM EDT

Now, it would appear, that there is a group of idiots who are sueing McDonalds for the large number of overwieght kids.  They claim McDonalds is to blame.

Hmmmm.  Oh yeah, that's right.  I see lots of kids driving down the road in their cars. Yeah.  And, most of these kids work for a living and get their money that way.

Oh, but we wouldn't want to BLAME THE PARENTS.  Yep, I said it.  I the asshole now, blaming the parents for their fat kids that they take to McDonalds everyday.

Man, this pisses me off.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw the funniest political cartoon in National Review.

1980's:  Shows an ambulance being chased by a VW bug with a sign on it saying "Acme Lawyer"

1990's:  Shows a tractor trailer with the word "tobacco" on the side being chased by a Mercedes with the "acme Lawyer" sign again.

2000's: Shows a little econocar with a Pizza sign on it being chased by an enormous limosine, owned by the "Acme Lawyer"
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:15:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh no need to call names to yourself.  Yes, people do suck.

The biggest problem we have today is that nobody is responsible for their own actions.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The biggest problem we have today is that nobody is responsible for their own actions.
View Quote

It's not my fault.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't you understand, the children are the victims here.  McDonalds was well aware there food was high in fat and served it to unsuspecting kids anyway, thus causing them to become obese.  Don't you see the kids are the victims in all this?  Ban all fatty foods, do it for the children
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:57:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Blame Canada!
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't hate people,but I feel better when they are not around.
AB
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]
What is really sad is that it is junk science that has people believing that fat in food causes obesity. What really causes obesity in most people it to many processed carbohydrates.

It's not the beef, lard or grease. It's the sugar, flour and the potatoes.

Rusty
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't you understand, the children are the victims here.  McDonalds was well aware there food was high in fat and served it to unsuspecting kids anyway, thus causing them to become obese.  Don't you see the kids are the victims in all this?  Ban all fatty foods, do it for the children
View Quote

I agree.  I thought that McDonald's food was good for you and low in fat.  In fact, I think it's a good parenting decision to feed my kids lots of fast food.  If I had kids (and fat ones at that) I would sue them too.  Any good parent would.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I still believe that you can eat any amount of fat, as long as you put down the plastation controller for a couple of hours a day and actually venture outside.
I also think that these parents should be charged with child abuse.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 5:58:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh, but we wouldn't want to BLAME THE PARENTS.  
View Quote

It doesn't matter who is to blame.  We have to do it for the children.

(Gosh that sounds stupid)
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is really sad is that it is junk science that has people believing that fat in food causes obesity. What really causes obesity in most people it to many processed carbohydrates.

It's not the beef, lard or grease. It's the sugar, flour and the potatoes.

Rusty
View Quote

It's NOT the grease, the potatoes, sugar, flour,beef, or lard. Fact is, there fat little phuques don't get off their dead asses and onto their dying feet and get any damned EXERCISE!
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Too bad natural selection in the human race has gone the way of the dodo bird.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm...fat, slow, succulent children...
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#13]
[Soccer mom screech/in]--"but they marketed it to children with their happy meals and toys - it's just like Joe camel- we must regulate and issue permits to obtain these deadly "a-salt-burgers" "high power French fries" (waa-waaa) for god sake it's for the children, and for my enormous thigh's" [soccer mom screech/out]

where are these mooo cow's husbands to reign them in?

Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is PRECISELY the liberal viewpoint: no one is responsible for themselves and everyone needs to be managed...for the greater good.  grrrr...
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:47:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Too bad natural selection in the human race has gone the way of the dodo bird.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm...fat, slow, succulent children...
View Quote

I'd bet their choicer cuts of meat would like good grain-fed beef....

Glad I neglect my kids & make them eat nasty, tastless things cooked at home from unprocessed foods by TWO parents that "hate" them enough to never stop at a Mc'y Ds

(Nasty=Wholesome)
(Tasteless= NOT deep fried)

Kaz, The Militant Father

(Edited for ranting typoz)
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:54:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Blame Canada!
View Quote

[Homer Simpson] Mmmmmmmm....Canadian Bacon (drool) [/off]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Piccolo

Granted many of these kids Eat at Rotten Ronny's then go home and sit on their ass and play video games. Lack exercise is a huge problem for kids. They play video game footbal instead of playing actual football like we did when we were kids.

My point is that diet is misunderstood in our country. Carbohydrates, especially processed carbs (Sugar, White flour), are much worse dietary choices than fatty foods. A person that eats lots of carbs is a lot more likely to be overweight than a person that eats lots of fatty foods and low carbs. I obviously did a bad job of explaining myself.

Rusty
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Any eugenics projects (sterilization by irradiation is my personal preference) should begin with the plaintiff list from this lawsuit. They just can't hack it, and this lawsuit is all the proof anyone needs.

From there, the project should move to the attendees' list of all Jerry Springer shows, The Million Mom March, the lineups of any boy-bands, and [i]anyone[/i] named "Michael Jackson", just to be absolutely sure.

No need to add liberals in general, as they tend to abort their offspring without much prodding.

Nor should Al Qaeda be included either. Our fighting men do need live target practice, after all.

Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[Soccer mom screech/in]--"but they marketed it to children with their happy meals and toys - it's just like Joe camel- we must regulate and issue permits to obtain these deadly "a-salt-burgers" "high power French fries" (waa-waaa) for god sake it's for the children, and for my enormous thigh's" [soccer mom screech/out]
View Quote

Sounds like a lot of my neighbors. As an at-home dad, I encounter a LOT of soccer moms. They are ALL brain-dead, fearful sheep who emasculate their husbands. I refuse to have anything to do with them.

Of course, after 9/11, a couple of them came to me, and said, "Well, if things ever get too bad, we'll come to your house and you'll protect us with your guns."

To which I said, "When that happens, it will be too late. I won't have any more guns because of all the liberal, anti-gun politicians you consistently vote into office, in the name of 'the children'."

Since then they don't talk to me anymore.

Good.

where are these mooo cow's husbands to reign them in?

View Quote

Where are they? They are probably off getting their dicks sliced off salami-style by their wives and their assholes reamed out by the govt. through taxes and by their reptilian bosses at work.

Soccer dads are soccer moms in suits with limp dicks. They are just as scared of guns as their wives, if not more.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Of course, after 9/11, a couple of them came to me, and said, "Well, if things ever get too bad, we'll come to your house and you'll protect us with your guns."

To which I said, "When that happens, it will be too late. I won't have any more guns because of all the liberal, anti-gun politicians you consistently vote into office, in the name of 'the children'."

Since then they don't talk to me anymore.

Good.
View Quote

I have a new hero now!

Ban soccer moms.  It's for the guns!
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some of my co-workers have said this to me as well.  I simply told them that it is because of people like them that I need the guns in the first place.[50]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Some of my co-workers have said this to me as well.  I simply told them that it is because of people like them that I need the guns in the first place.[50]
View Quote

I've heard the same type of stuff.  And I tell them that if I have not explicitly told you that you can come over when TSHTF, then you are to be considered uninvited and will be dealt with appropriately.  Any precautions I have taken are for a specific reason and if you can't remember the lesson from "The Ant and the Grasshopper", then too damn bad.

Speaking of which, check this out...[url]http://www.warroom.com/ant.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Soccar moms should be phased out of our society, the world would be a better place.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Piccolo

Granted many of these kids Eat at Rotten Ronny's then go home and sit on their ass and play video games. Lack exercise is a huge problem for kids. They play video game footbal instead of playing actual football like we did when we were kids.

My point is that diet is misunderstood in our country. Carbohydrates, especially processed carbs (Sugar, White flour), are much worse dietary choices than fatty foods. A person that eats lots of carbs is a lot more likely to be overweight than a person that eats lots of fatty foods and low carbs. I obviously did a bad job of explaining myself.

Rusty
View Quote

I'm certainly no scientist (by the way, no disrespect intended, but are you?), but I believe that if you get some excercise, the carbs will burn themselves off.  I personally think that was causes most people to be fat is the shit like candy bars and such.  I eat lots of carbs and fat every day, but I also work out or run every morning.  At 6'-0" and 170lbs I don't think I'm fat.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I ate at Pizza Hut and Chic-a-Fillet just about everyday my freshman year of college, and I put on a whopping 5-8 lbs.  Heck I got rid of that just walking to class everyday during my sophomore year.  I lost about 4 lbs in about 4-5 weeks and all I did was walk to class and use a hand exerciser (those squeeze things).  

At 5'10" and 146 lbs. I'm not in any great shape nor do I claim to be, but it just seems to me that if people would just get out and walk a little bit even if that's all they had time to do (like me) it would help a lot.  If they actually did a pushup or two and ran every once in a while, it would help even more.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I always tell those "I'm coming to your house people": Good cause i'm gunna need as many people as possible to stand in front of me!

you should see the looks on their faces
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#27]
my 2 cents,

[B]they should sue the cows for letting their meat get too fatty, they knew they were fat and did not make an effort to lean up.[/B]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#28]
i am so pissed about this:

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/11/21/fast.food.lawsuit.ap/index.html[/url]

NEW YORK (AP) -- Are Big Macs hazardous to children's health?

Lawyers have filed a class-action lawsuit against McDonald's on behalf of New York children who have suffered health problems, including diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity.

In federal court in Manhattan on Wednesday, a lawyer alleged that the fast-food chain has created a national epidemic of obese children. Samuel Hirsch argued that the high fat, sugar and cholesterol content of McDonald's food is "a very insipid, toxic kind of thing" when ingested regularly by young kids.

The plaintiffs include a Bronx teen who ate every meal at McDonald's for three years while living in a homeless shelter. Another is a 13-year-old boy from Staten Island who says he ate at McDonald's food three to four times a week and is now 5-foot-4 and 278 pounds.

McDonald's lawyer Brad Lerman insisted the lawsuit was a frivolous attempt to cash in on the Golden Arches, "the kind of lawsuit that shouldn't be in court."

"People don't go to sleep thin and wake up obese," Lerman said. "The understanding and comprehension of what hamburgers and french fries do has been with us for a long, long time."

McDonald's has asked Judge Robert Sweet to dismiss the case, arguing those who filed the claims cannot show their health woes were caused by Big Macs and insisting the company has never misled customers about its food. The judge did not immediately rule on the request.

Link Posted: 11/21/2002 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#29]
'...a Bronx teen who [b]ate every meal at McDonald's[/b] for three years while [b]living in a homeless shelter.[/b]'

So many rants just waiting to be heard concerning this statement.  Where does one even start.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#30]
In federal court in Manhattan on Wednesday, a lawyer alleged that the fast-food chain has created a national epidemic of obese children.
View Quote

BwWWHAHahahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAhahahahah!

I knew that damn clown was up to something!

That's gotta be the funniest thing I've read all day.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
'...a Bronx teen who [b]ate every meal at McDonald's[/b] for three years while [b]living in a homeless shelter.[/b]'

So many rants just waiting to be heard concerning this statement.  Where does one even start.
View Quote

One starts here:

How the hell did this kid have enough money to eat out [i]every single meal of every day for [b]three years[/b][/i] and yet still lived in a homeless shelter? For a social institution that's supposed to "give people shelter so they can 'get back on their feet' without literally living on the street," he seemed pretty comfortable. Why would they even let someone who clearly has that kind of money [I]in[/I] a homeless shelter. What about the people who actually [i]need[/I] shelter, not cheap housing so they can spend their money on comparatively expensive food?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I eat almost every meal (until recently) for the last three years, at fast food restaurants. I have yet to gain any weight. I'm 5Ft 4In and weight 120# and have never weighted over 130.  My day starts anywhere between 5am and 7am and ends whenever I decide to go to bed.

[b][size=6]SO DON'T GO TELLING ME THAT MCDONALDS MAKES YOU FAT!!!!
GET OFF YOUR LAZY A$$ AND DO SOMETHING!!!![/size=6][/b]

RANT MODE OFF
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I just saw a lynch mob of soccor moms chasing Grimace down the street. Grimace is a less intimidating target than the crank hounds down the street.

Fucking morons..........

[b][Johnny Cochran]Hmmmmmm, So how much are those fat little chewbacca bastard kids worth? Thousand bucks a pound?[/Johnny Cochran][/b]

[url]http://www.theonion.com/onion3808/hammurderer.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Oh no need to call names to yourself.  Yes, people do suck.

View Quote

In one sentence you summed up what is wrong with our society and why life as we know it is going down the toilet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top