BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do "high cap" SW mags even exist for those? Use existing cheap surplus SMG mags or Beretta 92 mags or something jesus.

One of my dream guns is a .45 ACP Marlin Camp Carbine that takes grease gun mags. That would be cool as fuck. Nobody will ever make it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why SW mags?
The only people with SW mags are fudds from the 80's. ymmv

Do "high cap" SW mags even exist for those? Use existing cheap surplus SMG mags or Beretta 92 mags or something jesus.

One of my dream guns is a .45 ACP Marlin Camp Carbine that takes grease gun mags. That would be cool as fuck. Nobody will ever make it.

Exactly.

The abomination that Taurus released as a 9mm carbine only takes 10rd PROPRIETARY mags. No high capacity mags will be offered.
Not that anyone would by that dreadful fabrication, but the limiting factor of magazines is a HUGE TURN OFF.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You are saying that an M1 Carbine is a Fudd gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ARFCOM, you guys are weird, i started a thread on PCC's and you said they are worthless unless SBR's.

now they make a fudd carbine and you guys are all over it?

Derping again I see.   "Fudd carbine"?

Wood furniture,  no pistol grip. Nine times out of ten this forum would call it a fudd gun.

ARFCOM has called my k98, Ishapore 2A, and Swiss K31 all "fudd" guns, all of which have tasted human blood in their past possibly. I'm not calling anything any thing, merely applying the ARFCOM standard to this new PCC.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you think a 9mm version of the M1 carbine will come in at less than $700, I'd like a hit of what you're having.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is wrong with an original (or even commercial) M1 in .30 carbine?  The.30 is much better than 9MM (both power and penetration wise).

I think the biggest benefit is going to be ammo cost.  A decent M1 in .30 is going to push you to $700 or better too.

If you think a 9mm version of the M1 carbine will come in at less than $700, I'd like a hit of what you're having.

You're probably right, which is sad.

The only way it will be reasonable is if they make it out of crappy zinc alloy, which it kind of looks like they did.

I really wish gun makers would listen to us once in a while. A man could make a fortune making guns that gun owners actually want and can afford.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Also .30 carbine ammo is damn expensive. I would shoot my Inland all the time if I could find some cheap ammo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is wrong with an original (or even commercial) M1 in .30 carbine?  The.30 is much better than 9MM (both power and penetration wise).

Because M1 carbines are stupid expensive for what they are.

If this thing is decently built and has a less than $500 price point I'll consider it. Would pretty much be the perfect truck gun especially with a folding stock.

If it takes glock 19 mags I'm all over it.

Also .30 carbine ammo is damn expensive. I would shoot my Inland all the time if I could find some cheap ammo.

All of the above.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ammunition cost and fun.  My wife is tiny and the .30 Carbine is about the only thing that fits her really well.  As a result, she shoots pretty well with it.  However, with the cost and availability of .30 Carbine being what it is, it would really be nice to have the same thing is a caliber that's cheaper to reload and easier to find while at the same time being powerful enough to do the job if you needed it to.

At least that's how I look at it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
If this takes proprietary mags?
Don't care, it will fail.

Seriously, what's so damn hard about making things take Glock mags?
Every manufacturer wastes resources developing silly-ass proprietary magazines, and it HAS to cost them sales
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Glock mags and threaded.  Otherwise, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Every manufacturer wastes resources developing silly-ass proprietary magazines, and it HAS to cost them sales
View Quote

Licensing.  Sometimes they cannot get it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, not everyone.  Beretta and Ruger's carbines took advantage of their already very common magazines.   Kel-Tec was savvy enough to set theirs up for a lot of common mags.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Fugly
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Weren't they popular for hunting in the '30's and most hunters donated them to the military for WWII and Korea?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ARFCOM, you guys are weird, i started a thread on PCC's and you said they are worthless unless SBR's.

Derping again I see.   "Fudd carbine"?

Wood furniture,  no pistol grip. Nine times out of ten this forum would call it a fudd gun.

Weren't they popular for hunting in the '30's and most hunters donated them to the military for WWII and Korea?

Short answer?  No.

Longer answer?  Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#12]
$349? I'll take 2... How much are the mags?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Take my money now.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

$349.00 each.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll take one in 44mag
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Forty bucks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Love my Ruger pc-9...
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hope it take S&W Glock mags

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Could be really interesting depending on the price point and the mags.  I love 9mm things, which is why I have a Roni for my G17 and a DDLES 9mm Glock lower.  

Now that the gov't is open again, I will probably start the paperwork to SBR that lower too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kel-Tec was savvy enough to set theirs up for a lot of common mags.
View Quote

That's what I'm saying. It cant be a licensing issue if Kel Tec can offer such a variety of mags for their carbine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Chamber one in the original Norma-spec 10mm Auto, and I'm in.
View Quote

That would be awesome as hell !!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's what I'm saying. It cant be a licensing issue if Kel Tec can offer such a variety of mags for their carbine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kel-Tec was savvy enough to set theirs up for a lot of common mags.

Kel-Tec is US manufacture.  Legacy Sports isn't.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chamber one in the original Norma-spec 10mm Auto, and I'm in.

ATF and FBI would not let you have it...
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but these Legacy M1 Carbine replicas are complete steaming piles of shit.  I've handled several of their 22LR versions, and all of them failed in various ways before even seeing actual use.  The safety and various parts of the fire control group were made out of plastic, which isn't necessarily a bad thing (certainly works fine for Glock et al), but Legacy/Citadel chose to use incredibly poor quality polymers that fail to properly function.  Basically, you could get the weapon to fire with the safety on if you just squeezed the trigger hard enough, and that's when the safety didn't just fall out the side of the weapon.

It's a virtual certainty that this weapon will turn out to be equally shitty.  So please don't get your hopes up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Put me down for 2.

My M1 is the handiest little rifle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

$349 is for the .22 threaded barrel version, not the 9mm. No price on the 9mm yet.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Do want
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Want this
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Want
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Actually,the .22s aren't terrible at all. Theyre way more convincing than the GSG5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting, but I can only imagine what it would look like at the 450 price point.

Actually,the .22s aren't terrible at all. Theyre way more convincing than the GSG5.
I just SBRed one of those and I think I am going to sell it.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yeah, well. The picture looks pretty neat, but if you read a few of the comments, you'll find out that the receiver is not steel, but is cast Zamac (the same zinc alloy shit that Hi-Points are made of). And the bayonet lug is "synthetic". WTF is up with that? Maybe they'll offer a synthetic bayonet to go with it.

I think I'll just stick with my Rock-Ola.

Which reminds me: James River Armory, formerly of Baltimore, has moved to someplace in NC, They bought the rights to the name Rock-Ola, and are producing new "Rock-Ola" M-1 carbines. And they're not made of Zamac, either. And don't have a synthetic bayonet lug.
View Quote
Thats easy to fix on some parts, they will take the same parts as a real M1

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Unless you can find a 9mm running almost 2000 FPS, the .30 Carbine has considerably more oomph then the 9mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

An m1c in 5.56 = shutup and take my money.  9mm/.30 carbine are about the same, why not have an original as carbine ammo is not hard to find in my AO.

No, not a mini14, a carbine in 5.56.

Unless you can find a 9mm running almost 2000 FPS, the .30 Carbine has considerably more oomph then the 9mm.
Yes but the 9mm coming out of a 16" barrel will have a lot more than a 3.5" hand gun depending on ammo of course.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
fickle ain't we?

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll take one in 44mag
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Want
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the biggest benefit is going to be ammo cost.  A decent M1 in .30 is going to push you to $700 or better too.

Sugg. Retail Price:$705.00
Your Price:$573.99

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope it take S&W Glock mags

Yep, I changed my mind to agree with you , a 33 rd glock mag for the MFing WIN!

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but these Legacy M1 Carbine replicas are complete steaming piles of shit.  I've handled several of their 22LR versions, and all of them failed in various ways before even seeing actual use.  The safety and various parts of the fire control group were made out of plastic, which isn't necessarily a bad thing (certainly works fine for Glock et al), but Legacy/Citadel chose to use incredibly poor quality polymers that fail to properly function.  Basically, you could get the weapon to fire with the safety on if you just squeezed the trigger hard enough, and that's when the safety didn't just fall out the side of the weapon.

It's a virtual certainty that this weapon will turn out to be equally shitty.  So please don't get your hopes up.
View Quote
yeah well that is not what I have heard from owners of the 22 Lr model

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If this thing is decently built and has a less than $500 price point I'll consider it. Would pretty much be the perfect truck gun especially with a folding stock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I kinda like the idea, but I've handled one of their .22lr carbines, and I wasn't impressed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I kinda like the idea, but I've handled one of their .22lr carbines, and I wasn't impressed.
View Quote
Hopefully they make the 9mm in a better quality as it's a higher end gun price wise.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every single one of them that I sold wound up getting returned and exchanged within a few days.

YMMV and all that, but I tend to prefer personal first-hand experience with the actual product in question over some random Youtube review.  You have to make up your own mind for yourself, but I just wanted to give fair warning that thus far, experience with that brand has been incredibly unfavorable.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that Hi-Point is actually of a higher quality in both design and manufacturing, and far more likely to function properly as intended.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A mini 14 has the same gas system as an M1 Carbine....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An m1c in 5.56 = shutup and take my money.  9mm/.30 carbine are about the same, why not have an original as carbine ammo is not hard to find in my AO.

No, not a mini14, a carbine in 5.56.

A mini 14 has the same gas system as an M1 Carbine....

This. Mini-14 is a .223 M1 Carbine with a Garand style trigger.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll take one in 44mag

That would be a Ruger  Deerfield carbine then.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

^^^^ A voice of reason and wisdom right here. ^^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^ A voice of reason and wisdom right here. ^^^^

Why can't I have one in 9mm if I already have one in .30 carbine?

I do kick myself for not getting a LeMag conversion when carbines were cheap.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I like the idea, but honestly around here 9mm target ammo is about as rare .22LR, so this thing while neat would just sit in the safe gathering dust next to my M&P15-22.  Now I was just in Walmart today and they had tons of .40 S&W laying around.  Make this thing in that caliber and I would be much more interested.  Make it take M&P .40 mags and maybe put out a .357 Sig barrel and I would definitely get one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Glock mags and a sub 550 retail I bet they'd sell a hell of a lot of them.  I bet norinco could do it if it wasn't for the import ban.

ETA:  Has to go bang every time too
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Every single one of them that I sold wound up getting returned and exchanged within a few days.

YMMV and all that, but I tend to prefer personal first-hand experience with the actual product in question over some random Youtube review.  You have to make up your own mind for yourself, but I just wanted to give fair warning that thus far, experience with that brand has been incredibly unfavorable.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that Hi-Point is actually of a higher quality in both design and manufacturing, and far more likely to function properly as intended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS, how many was that?

1, 2? how many

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one. its not the most reliable but still fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, well. The picture looks pretty neat, but if you read a few of the comments, you'll find out that the receiver is not steel, but is cast Zamac (the same zinc alloy shit that Hi-Points are made of). And the bayonet lug is "synthetic". WTF is up with that? Maybe they'll offer a synthetic bayonet to go with it.

I think I'll just stick with my Rock-Ola.

Which reminds me: James River Armory, formerly of Baltimore, has moved to someplace in NC, They bought the rights to the name Rock-Ola, and are producing new "Rock-Ola" M-1 carbines. And they're not made of Zamac, either. And don't have a synthetic bayonet lug.

Most the part I calipered are different. just enough that most of them wont fit. the stock would fit with some work I believe, just need to find one cheap enough and test the theory. I was going to make a new front sight for mine that matches the original, just too lazy to go it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top