Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2002 8:30:50 PM EDT
Did my topic just get deleted by a mod?  I duno why, all I did was post a link to a new gun board.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
There was one post that said he recognized some names of people that had been banned from ar15.com I guess thats why.  Prolly didn't want to start a board war or something of that sort.  It just vanished all of a sudden and I was just curious as to the reason.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I think so, exact same thing happened to me.  I was reading it and when I was done going to the site in another window, I came back to post a reply and got bounced out to the main page.  So anyway I registered at the other place and where it asked who referred me I used your 'name' from here.  Karl.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Well given the fact that I have absolutely no interest in causing trouble I will not repost the site address, and will assume the post was deleted for proper reasons.  The last thing I need right now is to be the cause of an interglactic board war.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a daemon ate it...
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I, too, have had the experience of clicking on a post and being brought back to the main board.  It always throws me for a loop when that happens; makes me forget what I was trying to do for a few seconds.
I always figured the poster had deleted his own post, but I guess it could be the Mod deleting it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Grin-n-Barret claims to be banned from here and I think the link was to a new board he started.  If you are really curious there is a thread about it over on fullauto.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know. Grin was the mod in the History forum as recently as 2 days ago, now there isn't any mod.
As far as nuking the thread, if it was, it smacks of the same thing that this site has been laughing about when discussing AK-47.com for almost 2 years.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 12:50:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well given the fact that I have absolutely no interest in causing trouble I will not repost the site address, and will assume the post was deleted for proper reasons.  The last thing I need right now is to be the cause of an interglactic board war.  
View Quote

Yeah sounds like AIMLESS did it,probably evoked his god like powers and just nuked it!

Usually it takes a moderator to do this,but watch out for AIMLESS!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone also nuked Gadsen's post.  I knew it was headed for cyber destruction so I copied it to my desktop.  I'm reading it now and it's pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I moved it to the mod forum until Staff can review it.  It's not been nuked.
View Quote

Gadsen's or cafordguy?
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah sounds like AIMLESS did it,probably evoked his god like powers and just nuked it!

Usually it takes a moderator to do this,but watch out for AIMLESS!

Bob [:D]
View Quote

So nobody takes it the wrong way I am just kidding about AIMLESS!  He can't or wouldn't nuke anything!   He doesn't have the inclination or the power! Hes an allright dude!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:41:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I am sure the new board you posted and are talking about is [url]www.gun-talk.com[/url]

I do not see why it would have been delted as people post links to other boards all the time.  In fact people post links to tons of diff. web pages each day.

People should support every web page / organization that supports the RKBA.

MedCop
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:48:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it was the spider monkeys.  I've noticed a large spider monkey movement in my area lately.  They've been pulling cables in the equipment rooms and a bunch of other monkey business.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:51:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think it was the spider monkeys.  I've noticed a large spider monkey movement in my area lately.  They've been pulling cables in the equipment rooms and a bunch of other monkey business.
View Quote

I've heard those spider monkeys are good at that sorta' thing.[:D]

We need to ban the spider monkey....you know...for the children!

MedCop

Link Posted: 11/15/2002 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#19]
ZOMBIE spider monkey are the worse
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 5:54:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 5:59:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Zombie spider monkeys are tame compared to the one's with their asses sewn closed.  Now those monkeys are packin some serious shit!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For the record, Mods do not have the ability to delete anything.  We can only move threads to the Mod forum or "Trash" forum.  I checked, it's not in either, so I do not know what happened.
View Quote

Ah, perhaps it was just a computer thing.  Those darned spider monkies.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top