Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2013 10:16:13 AM EDT
I've been waiting for some packages today from the big brown truck... it shows online that it was delivered at 10:08 this morning, and left at "Other - Released".

I've been here ALL DAY. I've checked with my neighbors. No package left at any of their houses. I got onto the online chat at UPS.com, and they said their system shows that it was scanned as delivered at my home address.

This package is my Nexus 7 LTE and case... almost $400 worth of goods. What could be going on here?
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Stolen by Driver? Good luck
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
crooked neighbor
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Does you kid have it?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Someone got "free" stuff.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I had that show up on one of my packages once, except for the "released" part. Mine just said "Left at OTHER". Turned out the driver left it in my back yard next to my barbecue.

The weird thing was that the package was small enough to have been left in my front door. I can only assume the storm door outsmarted him... that damn crafty entryway.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, shit. Doesn't sound bueno for you.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I would be pissed...hell sometimes they do not even ring the door bell....

I am home ring it even if you leave it on the door step...ring the bell...
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been waiting for some packages today from the big brown truck... it shows online that it was delivered at 10:08 this morning, and left at "Other - Released".

I've been here ALL DAY. I've checked with my neighbors. No package left at any of their houses. I got onto the online chat at UPS.com, and they said their system shows that it was scanned as delivered at my home address.

This package is my Nexus 7 LTE and case... almost $400 worth of goods. What could be going on here?
View Quote

its lame, but its not stolen.
I have had odd things like this happen many times with UPS and it was never stolen.

If a driver stole it he wouldnt mark it down with some weird shit, it would just be normal.

call the local office and speak to a real person, not chat or robots.

also, I do tons of online sales and shit like this happens all the time. never stolen though.
idiots.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#9]
My UPS man will some times drop things off at the post office and the mail man brings it. But I live in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My UPS man will some times drop things off at the post office and the mail man brings it. But I live in the middle of nowhere.
View Quote

This was kind of it.

So I go to the post office... check to see if they had any UPS packages. They did, but none with my name on it. And usually, it says online that it's transferred to a USPS facility for delivery, this wasn't.

I stop and get my mail, and the two packages are stuffed into the back of the mailbox with my mail in front of it. No USPS stickers, just the UPS stuff.

I live in the sticks, so it's hard telling what happened. Either the UPS guy put them in my mailbox, or maybe he bumped into the mailman doing his route and asked if he could drop the boxes in my mailbox. Not allowed, I know, but no one would say anything around here.

They've done other stuff I don't care for... like dropping off a package for me at my parents' house over 5 miles away because they were already there and it would save them a trip. I paid for delivery to MY HOUSE, not my parents', and they wouldn't know if I had a falling out with my parents or anything.... but I guess that's how it works around here...
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Was it surepost?
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Was it surepost?
View Quote

Nope it was straight-up UPS from pickup to delivery, according to the folks at UPS.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#13]
UPS delivered my SBR upper to a wrong address 20 minutes away in a different town.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nope it was straight-up UPS from pickup to delivery, according to the folks at UPS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it surepost?

Lazy driver would be my guess then.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#15]
This is likely the 100th thread like this that I've responded to with this answer.

The fix for that is, simple.

Signature required for delivery

It goes on every order I make, and I have never had one single problem since doing this 20 years ago, except for once when the Fed Ex guy dropped it off somewhere I couldn't find it. Called Fed Ex, asked if they had a sig, since I didn't sign it, they said no, we'll take care of it. And they started the refund process right then and there. Then the driver fessed up to the hub and told them where he put it. I found the package, and called them, and cancelled the refund. They told me that the driver would not be on my route ever again. I haven't seen him since 2008.

When you do that, list acceptable sigs, like your wife, kid, parents, etc, and I have one neighbor across the street that are salt of the earth that I allow to sign if nobody is here. they'll sign, and call me when they get it, and I'll stop in or they'll bring it over.

Link Posted: 9/13/2013 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Call or write shipper and tell him what happened. Write CC Co and refuse to pay charge for that item and tell them why. Again IN WRITING! That means PAPER, not a phone call, E-mail or smoke signal!  Call UPS and tell them that item not delivered. Driver may have delivered to wrong address or he may have stolen the item or someone in the neigborhood may have stolen it. Either way it's not your problem since it never arrived TO YOU.

UPS REQUIRES receiver's signature unless shipper specifies other wise. So shipper is ultimately responsible.   UPS drops and runs without ringing door bell or contacting receiver unless signature is required.  Shipper has to file claim with UPS so tell him the situation and let him take it from there!
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Same thing happened here with UPS and FedEx... blade at 45 if that stuff isn't on your door by 5pm. I figured out that mostly it is the driver who is running late but doesn't want to get hit with "why were you late" at the end of the day so he scanned them delivered while still dropping off stuff. Never really that big of a deal until the one time the FedEx goon dropped $11k worth of company software at the wrong address. Took the company lawyer 5 minutes on the phone with them before I got a call saying the driver made a mistake and would retrieve my package and get it to me shortly.

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top