Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2002 12:01:53 PM EDT
I recently picked up a Pre ban SGW Olympic Arms CAR-AR with stainless barrel, collapsable stock, five 30 round military mags, and nylon carrying case. The upper and lower appear to be correct.

I went to Oly's site and saw that the lower receiver was forged not cast which I know is a good thing. The only draw back to the rifle (IMO) is that it has the 11.5 " barrel with flash suppresser and is not only loud but from what I can tell (went to the range right away!) isn't very effective at any but relatively close (65-100 yds) range. I think I got a good deal on the rifle ($900) but I have a few concerns:

According to Olympics website all their records were destroyed concerning these rifles in a fire. My serial runs in the F-3000 range which according to them makes it's manufacturing date between 08/25/1989 12/14/1989. I did not receive a original bill of sale from the owner stating the rifle was bought assembled prior to the ban but I did notice that the upper and lower both have an 'A' stamped inside the receiver which I would think would show this was a factory assembled rifle.

Does anyone here know anything about this? I suppose I should contact Olympic to make sure but thought I would run it by you guys in the mean time.

Anyone here own an Olympic Arms rifle? Any input is surely appreciated!

At any rate I enjoyed shooting the rifle, had no failures and the price seemed to be pretty resonable considering. I've always wanted one but the cost was too prohibitive in the past.

Happy shooting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top