Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2013 7:14:13 PM EDT
and why?

Probably a lot of people don't even know that show!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the one where they all pretend to escape and hide in the tunnels
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't remember specific episodes. I just remember watching it with my Dad.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The one where they escape and come back.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
None of them. Nothing funny about Nazi camps.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You do know that Robert Clary, who played the part of Cpl Louis LeBeau, was a concentration camp survivor, right? Evidently he thought that the idea of a TV show whose premise was ridiculing the Nazis was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have them all on on DVD.  Fun to watch over and over!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The one where Hogan and Klink go to England, and steal a Mustang. Somehow, they fit Klink behind the seat for the flight back to Germany.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently a lot of people actually involved in WWII disagreed.  Show was fairly widely watched by the generation that had been there.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Definitely the best one is the time that Hogan convinces Klink that the "heavy water" that the Germans are transporting to their nuclear testing site will grow hair back on his head.   Guess how much water made it to the testing?  

Or any of the episodes with Major Hofstetter.    "KLINK, WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!!!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]
It's one of my favorite shows, I'll watch it when ever I see that it's on.
can't think of a "favorite" one off the top of my head
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#11]
New prisoner comes in. he is shown the tunnels and other stuff. turns out he is a spy for Halksteader
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
My favorite is when F-Troop stan peed a heard of cattle through the camp and Wild Eagle scalps Sgt. Schultz

then Col. Klink falls from the baloooooon and lands on Arnold the pig

I think

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
New prisoner comes in. he is shown the tunnels and other stuff. turns out he is a spy for Halksteader
View Quote

That is a good one.. They move all the tunnels or close them down, then they spy gets in trouble.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#14]
The one where Col. Klink is aghast and asks Sgt Schulze, "You were the owner of such and such candy company?"
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The one where Hogan and Klink go to England, and steal a Mustang. Somehow, they fit Klink behind the seat for the flight back to Germany.
View Quote

This is one of my favorites. And the first to come to my mind
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#16]
The one with the gonculator
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Any episode with Hilda. Need to make a Hogan's heroes movie with John Goodman as Schultz.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Apparently a lot of people actually involved in WWII disagreed.  Show was fairly widely watched by the generation that had been there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know. Including my family. Amazes me. Sgt Schultz basically knowing nothing was a nod to the guys running the extermination.

It was probably so horrific that the only thing you could do to get your head around it was make the nazis into clowns.

In retrospect i don't think it's remotely amusing.

The weirdest part is that they took an amazing drama and turned it into a tv comedy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The one where Col. Klink is aghast and asks Sgt Schulze, "You were the owner of such and such candy company?"
View Quote
Shatze toy company.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

was it candy or toy factory?

ETA: doh...  
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know. Including my family. Amazes me. Sgt Schultz basically knowing nothing was a nod to the guys running the extermination.

It was probably so horrific that the only thing you could do to get your head around it was make the nazis into clowns.

The weirdest part is that they took an amazing drama and turned it into a tv comedy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dad watched it when I was younger. I loved the show, but I have never thought about it in the entire context of WWII till this thread.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, I think we're about due for a Rwandan machete genocide comedy.

Can you imagine that in this day and age?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#24]
My dad loved that show!  And boy he hated Nazis...  Only episode I remember strangely enough is where Klink is pestering Hogan about plans for the "Norton".  Apparently it was a bomb sight and Hogan gave him plans for a Norton vacuum cleaner.  Hilarity ensued.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Probably the best one is whatever was on Crane's home pron video - right before he was murdered.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I love the show. However, I can't say the same for other members of my family...considering our background it's understandable.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#27]
gotta have pics.....

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I liked the episode where Hogan and Klink were defusing a bomb in the exercise yard.  Hogan asked which wire to cut, black or white.  Klink said white, and Hogan cut the black one.

When Klink asked why, Hogan said "I don't know which one to cut, but I knew you'd be wrong."

Loved that show as a kid.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Both Werner Klemperer and John Banner were Jewish and only agreed to play the roles if the Nazis were always portrayed as the losers and clowns.  Oddly enough, Hilda was married to Bob Crane.  Loved the show.  I think Clary is still alive, the only major cast member.  Also, Bernard Fox is still kicking.  He played Crittendom and Dr Bombay on Bewitched.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed. People back then were much less likely to get butt-hurt and tearful over every little thing

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#31]
The one where they do stuff behind Colonel Klink's back while he is totally oblivious to their shenanigans, while Sgt. schultz pretends to know nothing about it so he doesn't get in trouble and in the end the POWs help the allied war efffort and Klink looks like a fool... That's the best one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had family in the Soviet POW camps...NSDAP or Bolshevik, the war sucked all around.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Laugh about zee nazzis???

How bout when a bunch a jews do it?...

jews making fun of hiltler    
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Where they put up an antenna on the guard tower, then have to tilt it 4 inches and the whole camp leans while the guard in the tower wonders why his tower is tilting.
When LeBeau is inside the little minature tank.
Lots of great episodes. I can't remember my favorite.
The guy who played Klink was Jewish and would only play a Nazi if his character was always made a fool of and NEVER came out looking good in any episode.

Remember, this was only about 20-25 years after WWII. It was still very fresh in people's minds, it'd be like making a comedy about the Gulf War nowadays.

People had much more of a sense of humor back then.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow!  I had no idea I would learn any interesting trivia in this thread

GD disturbs me sometimes

This time I am kind of amazed.  Huh.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Also, Bernard Fox is still kicking.  He played Crittendom and Dr Bombay on Bewitched.
View Quote

He was Malcom Merriweather on Andy Griffith too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#37]
My grandfather was a POW and concentration camp survivor. Hated nazis til the day he died. My dad and his siblings weren't allowed to watch it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#38]
We can laugh at them, because we kicked their asses.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Agreed. People back then were much less likely to get butt-hurt and tearful over every little thing  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Victory.  Means never having to be butt-hurt.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#40]
The world is to PC and pussified to do a tv show that would mock muslim terrorist weekly now .
Favorite show was most likely the spy one .

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Both Werner Klemperer and John Banner were Jewish and only agreed to play the roles if the Nazis were always portrayed as the losers and clowns.  Oddly enough, Hilda was married to Bob Crane.  Loved the show.  I think Clary is still alive, the only major cast member.  Also, Bernard Fox is still kicking.  He played Crittendom and Dr Bombay on Bewitched.
View Quote

Check out Werner Klemperer on Youtube in Judgment at Nuremburg. He's a Nazi Prosecutor that's put on trial. A very good movie from 1961 with Spencer Tracy, and a young William Shatner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62XvzlHelk

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#42]
My most favorite one I can remember is when Shultz said " I know NOTHING"

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#44]
The one where Hogan gives them the plans for the top secret Norden vacuum cleaner.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Humor is how some deal with great tragedy imho.  Its just a different way of coping.  Not everyone is that way as you know.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I like the one where they all pretend to escape and hide in the tunnels
View Quote

Wasn't that just about every episode?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#47]
the one with the mini tank  and labo drives it in the end....          the dogs was always funny.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 12:53:40 AM EDT
[#48]

Buncha Homos!!!

The real question is: Fraulein Helga or Fraulein Hilda?

Or any of the dozens of other insanely hot woman from that show. Bob Crane was a perv? Who would have thunk it???

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Buncha Homos!!!

Or any of the dozens of other insanely hot woman from that show. Bob Crane was a perv? Who would have thunk it???

View Quote

This is arfcom, the implied answer is both or all of the wimenz.  Minus the ones with pointy knees of course.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Buncha Homos!!!

View Quote

Dude.  Helga for sure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top