Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:42:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Jesus h. Christ.  He's proud to be an American, proud of his military service, proud of his state, tells it like it is, does not spin for the media, I love him.  If we were in prison together , I'd be his bitch!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:45:30 AM EDT
[#2]
"The BUD/S data base lists James G. Janos (Jesse Ventura) as
graduating in class 58, 11/70 and assigned to UDT-12.  However, that isn't
to say he could have been transferred to SEAL's at a later date.  I'm
inclined to think he was a SEAL."

[blue]above from source i will not mention.[/blue]

[b]this is fact boys and girls. trust me.[/b]  
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[red]However, my point was that Ventura didn't do this when he first got into office.  It's only recently that I've seen him wearing and advertising his service.  It seems to me his motivation for wearing all this stuff is more than to just show his pride.  [/red]
View Quote

during his inauguration (thus his very FIRST day in office) he had a couple of SEAL buddies that spoke very highly of him.   your recent post proves that you only see and talk about what you WANT to see and talk about.  id drop it if i was you before you piss people off MR. A.G.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as I am concerned..He earned it and he can wear it any damned way he wants....He is proud to be a Vet and proud to be a SEAL..........Try and stop him!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[red]However, my point was that Ventura didn't do this when he first got into office.  It's only recently that I've seen him wearing and advertising his service.  It seems to me his motivation for wearing all this stuff is more than to just show his pride.  [/red]
View Quote

during his inauguration (thus his very FIRST day in office) he had a couple of SEAL buddies that spoke very highly of him.   your recent post proves that you only see and talk about what you WANT to see and talk about.  id drop it if i was you before you piss people off MR. A.G.
View Quote

Easy there tough guy.  No one is trying to piss you or anyone else off.  Settle down and don't make it seem like I'm trying to start a flame war.

As far as his SEAL buddies speaking highly of him, I think that's terrific.  However, that isn't the same as him now wearing his SEAL caps, jackets, shirts, etc. or the Trident.  I stick by what I've said.  I find it tacky and more boastful than anything else.  I never said he can't wear all that stuff, I was merely stating my opinion of the matter.  Once again for people like you, he is a POLITICIAN, meaning he his in the public eye and open to judgement and criticism.  Perhaps you should understand that before you use an angry and arrogant tone with me that was completely unnecessary.  

For the person wondering why I said he probably has more than pride as his motive, what I was leading on to was that he probably has bigger political ambitions.  Although nothing is really wrong with having more political ambitions and using his service to help with that.  Of course I could be wrong about this, but that's what it SEEMS like to me at least.

Edited to say:

At first I really didn't observe him wearing all this stuff like he does now.  He no doubt wore some of it, but not as much as recently.  So no, it isn't about what I want to see or hear.    
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://www.icbm.com/specwar.jpg[/img]

No problem with it here...A colleague of mine wears a SEAL ring all the time.  

My Edit: no different from a college ring or per say a superbowl ring.  Just a different pride of ownership and experience.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:07:30 AM EDT
[#7]
If you won it then you can sure as hell wear it!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Gov. Jesse is going to exercise some real power in the next couple of days. He was going to appoint a Democrat to fill out Wellstone's term but after the "memorial service" decided to appoint an "independent".

If Coleman wins the election and it is close, the Dems will file a lawsuit contesting the election to prevent Coleman from being appointed to fill out Wellstone's term.

It could effect the senate majority and the judiciary appointments.

Jesse loves to exercise power and be the center of attention.  This senate situation was made for him.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:13:20 AM EDT
[#9]
All this "new" stuff he's wearing could be gifts from his constituents or other interested parties.  At least he's the genuine article in comparison to all the other wannabes running around with SEAL logo stuff.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gov. Jesse is going to exercise some real power in the next couple of days. He was going to appoint a Democrat to fill out Wellstone's term but after the "memorial service" decided to appoint an "independent".

If Coleman wins the election and it is close, the Dems will file a lawsuit contesting the election to prevent Coleman from being appointed to fill out Wellstone's term.

It could effect the senate majority and the judiciary appointments.

Jesse loves to exercise power and be the center of attention.  This senate situation was made for him.
View Quote

Those demo[b]RATS[/b] are already gearing up on the absentee ballot as their basis for a BS lawsuit.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top