Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2002 11:24:26 AM EDT
I need to replace my old BB/Pellet gun for rodent control. What manufacture is the best Crossman or Daisey? I plan on spending around $80 to $100. Just want something simple woudl prefer .22 but will settle for a .177. I have been looking at the Crossman 2200 model. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Shit. $80-$100?  I'd spend about $30 and get a powerline 880 (crossman I think).  Holds lots of ammo, pumps up to various strengths for various scenarios.  I had one at my old house and it was a blast.  Great for shutting the neighbor's dog up at 2 AM.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my son a Crossman pellet gun, it has a pretty high muzzle velocity for an air gun.
He likes it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
just get a box of .22 LR Shot Shells.

Kills rats dead !

(Actually, one of the fondest memories I have as a kid was sitting on my Uncle's porch with his .22 Revolver, shooting shot shells at the bumblebees and yellowjackets that would fly up to the Bushes along the porch. Works great !)
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
For $80-100 go find yourself a Benjamin or Sheridan pump. They are available in .177, .20, and .22, and will suffice for what you want to do. Real wood stocks too! No plastic. Crossman and Daisy are generally crap at any price in my experience.

If you want to go nuts on a pneumatic, look at www.straightshooters.com

They have a lot expensive stuff that you probably won't care about, but it's fun to look at how far air guns have come.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would love to use .22 cb's but the last time I did this the old bag of a neighbor called PD on me because I shot a tree rat that was in the garage.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I would love to use .22 cb's but the last time I did this the old bag of a neighbor called PD on me because I shot a tree rat that was in the garage.
View Quote

That sucks !

Maybe you should just trap the rats and release them over at your neighbor's house !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top