Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2002 6:01:24 PM EDT
How many of you fell for this media hok's. Our gun industry flurished up to Y2K. I even have gun store owners saying that was scary times. They couldn't even keep guns to demand. Y2K helped us out. People that wouldn't even own guns bought one. Our sport grew in great propulsion's. It even scared the anti-gunners. So with so many gun owners out there now. Why would you think our government would even try to take our guns? And why are so many of you wishing there will be a SHTF situation?  
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I thoroughly enjoyed Y2K and look forward to future events which will give me an excuse to "stock up" on my favorite items...[:D]
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
This place and y2k is the reason I am still eating MRE's.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny thing is, I work in the computer/tech industry (both prior to and after the Y2K paranoia).

I was asked by a few co-workers and friends who know me and a bit about what I own, asked if I was doing anything different for Y2K wrt ammo, sandbags, etc.  Nope, not at all.  Being in the industry, I was kinda' on call, but deviated from "official business" as I knew nothing was going to happen.  Nothing did, and the computer/tech industry made some big money during the paranoia.

Sure, I had plenty of ammo for my black rifle and handgun - but I always had enough.  Y2K didin't change my buying habits one bit.

Fast forward three years, the time to refresh the "old" technology is near - we should be gearing up and preparing the computer/tech customers to swap out that old technology for new.  The economy needs it!
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
i bought my first AR-15 because of Y2K.
almost 3 years later, and 5 AR-15's later, i'm still collecting and stock piling mags, ammo, and parts.

i need some fresh MRE's!!!!!!!

coltc.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought my first gun because of Y2K. Early in '99. I am the perfect example of what gun owners hoped Y2K would bring about.

Another RKBA advocating gun nut to swell the numbers.

(Shame on you if you thought I was going to say another sucker who wants to sell his guns for a pitance after the "all clear".)
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And why are so many of you wishing there will be a SHTF situation?  
View Quote

What?  Did someone say SHTF?????

I'm ready.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What?  Did someone say SHTF?????

I'm ready.
View Quote

[peep]
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I figure it'd be a good way to lose some weight.[:D]

Seriously, I don't know many who wish for one.  I do know several who like to be prepared though.  BIG difference.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Y2K just helped me stock the cabinets and locker a little more fully. When it came and went w/o incident, I just shopped a little less over the next few months.

When SH on 9/11/01, I knew I had enough for a while, for me and mine [(:)](live near the only Naval Training Center left, and was [i]slightly[/i] puckered, in case terrs had done [u]real[/u] strategic analysis (they hadn't) and decided to cripple mission readiness for a while by hitting [b]strategic[/b] targets instead of mostly symbolic ones.

I forgot - when the audience you're impressing can't read,[8] and mission capability sound like an appetizer tray in their native language, who's to know? [;)]

Tango7
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#13]
"Some people looked to the new millennium and asked 'Y2K?'.  I looked to the new millennium and asked 'Y not 2K". - Al Gore.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Ack!  

The Y2k thing was so hyped, and many unsuspecting or unknowledgable sheeple were sucked into by said hype. The "doomwits", ie the people that thought TEOTWAWKI (The end of the world as we know it) was about to occur were out of their frickin minds.  I'm an IT professional, and I understood the problems, and worked on remediation projects.  

These numb-nuts thought arplane crashes in early 2000 were caused by Y2k events.

See: [url]http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002Wv9[/url]

Read through some of the shit on here:

[url]http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a.tcl?topic=TimeBomb%202000%20%28Y2000%29[/url]

The same folks that fell for the Y2K hype also beleive in "Chemtrails"

[url]http://www.carnicom.com/contrails.htm[/url]

Buncha looneys.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top