Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/5/2013 7:11:34 PM EDT
It stars Ming-Na Wen, her show killing ability is almost as good as is Summer Glau's.

I can't stand her.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It stars Ming-Na Wen, her show killing ability is almost as good as is Summer Glau's.

I can't stand her.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
lies

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

She's hot, but she is like the reaper to TV shows she's in.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can't stand her.  
View Quote

118 episodes of ER. Not shabby.

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Unspeakable things.

Unspeakable things, I would do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#7]
A quick look at IMDB shows that 3 of 4 shows on which she was a main cast member were canceled after 2 seasons or less.

I like her fine, but yeah, it doesn't bode well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
What is wrong with Summer Glau?

A: Not a damn thing.

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Big forehead.

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#10]
If there is a warren zevon song anywhere near the show, that's the coup de grace. Love the man but three chords from him can cancel a fall lineup.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Big forehead.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I call that a target.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If there is a warren zevon song anywhere near the show, that's the coup de grace. Love the man but three chords from him can cancel a fall lineup.
View Quote

Is Sean Bean in the show? If so... Watch out.

I think the only moving picture in which he did not die is "Ronin," and especially with that movie... Holy hell, I mean almost everyone else died, but not him!!!?
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't talk shit about Chun-Li!
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I think it will fail because of it being a terrible idea rather than the pie starring in it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I think it'll be awesome so long as its not a bunch of jaw jacking and actually have some super heroes n shit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]
a friend of mine I grew up with is going to star on the show, its his first starring role. His names Brett Dalton, hope it works out for him.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think it'll be awesome so long as its not a bunch of jaw jacking and actually have some super heroes n shit.
View Quote

You want super heroes? How about the third string of marvel comics Power Man and Iron Fist? Too Much for you true believer? Then get ready for the mystical powers of Black Llama.

I think it will die pretty quickly. I hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh, neither hold a candle to the timeslot-slaying abilities of Claudia Black...
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#19]
is she the actress that played the trouble maker/politician bitch on SGU??
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
is she the actress that played the trouble maker/politician mercenary bitch on SGU??
View Quote

Yes and more importantly she was younger and hotter in Farscape.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think it will fail because of it being a terrible idea rather than the pie starring in it.
View Quote

I think so as well and I am a huge marvel fan. Though Ming-Na Wen is an absolutely terrible actress. There are so many ways they could have done this, but the execution just looks terrible. Like CSI with superpower

To think, Whedon has enough pull that he could have finally done a firefly spin-off, but he will trade that cred for a show that will be cancelled in its first season.

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#22]
The second string, where bowboy and glockchick from Avengers belonged.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean the opposite of Heros

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#24]
To think, Whedon has enough pull that he could have finally done a firefly spin-off, but he will trade that cred for a show that will be cancelled in its first season.
View Quote

I'd bet it was more like the Powers That Be said "Hey, the movie made like a BILLION $$...Whedon, you NEED to make a TV show spinoff."

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#25]
It's going to flop because it looks like garbage.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  It's not going to attract a lot of viewers and the ones that it does attract will be kids and losers in their mom's basement.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.  It's not going to attract a lot of viewers and the ones that it does attract will be kids and losers in their mom's basement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither, try again.

If done right, this show will rock.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Neither, try again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither, try again.

It's not going to be done right and no one gives a shit about second rate super heroes.  I grew up reading comics but the show looks like it will be crap.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

+1
She is hot but a terrible actress.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Unspeakable things.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Unspeakable things.

A very special hell awaits you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unspeakable things.

Wrong girl.

That one, she'll just kill you with her mind.  So, death by snu-snu.

Which...  I can live with that.  Or not live.  You get what I mean.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#32]
You think
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'd bet it was more like the Powers That Be said "Hey, the movie made like a BILLION $$...Whedon, you NEED to make a TV show spinoff."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't think Whedon is at the point where he has to do anything the networks want to push. His hatred of fox is pretty well known after dollhouse and firefly.

He might have done well with Avengers, but his bread and butter is with TV where he can develop intricate storylines, lots of character drama and take his time doing it. However super heros are just not made for TV because even the best funded network does not have the time or money for expensive action scenes on a regular basis that is required to effectively translate superhero antics imagined for the pages of comic books to live media.

That and what makes me raise an eyebrow is that Whedon is legendary in terms of picking the perfect talent, from what I have seen so far in the trailers of this marvel TV show, it looks like the network did the casting and took all the rejects from other shows to make this garbage. Bring in some Anna Torv and then we can start talking.

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Reading the wiki page about it doesn't give me any more hope either.  It sounds like it's going to be pretty lame.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Joss is overrated. I don't get the love for him. Also firefly sucked.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

We get it, you're into older dudes with big grey beards.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
You like Jar-Jar Binks, don't you?

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have horrible taste.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wheden may be overrated, but Firefly was great.

Schedule an fMRI stat.  Something ain't right in your wiring.

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I don't think Whedon is at the point where he has to do anything the networks want to push. His hatred of fox is pretty well known after dollhouse and firefly.

He might have done well with Avengers, but his bread and butter is with TV where he can develop intricate storylines, lots of character drama and take his time doing it. However super heros are just not made for TV because even the best funded network does not have the time or money for expensive action scenes on a regular basis that is required to effectively translate superhero antics imagined for the pages of comic books to live media.

That and what makes me raise an eyebrow is that Whedon is legendary in terms of picking the perfect talent, from what I have seen so far in the trailers of this marvel TV show, it looks like the network did the casting and took all the rejects from other shows to make this garbage. Bring in some Anna Torv and then we can start talking.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgFQ35ngNMl7nhXo4OS2W2X-ZX0kGH45j_kYm1_W5DQABN0w1I1g
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgFQ35ngNMl7nhXo4OS2W2X-ZX0kGH45j_kYm1_W5DQABN0w1I1g

Fringe was a great show carried by other actors.

Anna Torv is one of the worst actresses working today.  

She has two looks.  Mildly befuddled and mildly befuddled with a raised eyebrow.

Her acting got better as the show progressed, but the early seasons are painful to watch due to her.  

AS for OP, Agents of SHIELD will do fine.  As long as production costs don't kill it (and let's face it, they can get a cash influx from Marvel as an advertising expense), it's got a large enough built in fanbase that it's a win out of the gate.

It's a safe bet advertisers have been asking from the start just what their prices will be on that show.

My only worry is that it's going to go up against the new FOX sci fi show and kill it.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Is Sean Bean in the show? If so... Watch out.

I think the only moving picture in which he did not die is "Ronin," and especially with that movie... Holy hell, I mean almost everyone else died, but not him!!!?
View Quote

He's in lots of British movies where he doesn't die.

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

She has two looks.  Mildly befuddled and mildly befuddled with a raised eyebrow.

Her acting got better as the show progressed, but the early seasons are painful to watch due to her.  

AS for OP, Agents of SHIELD will do fine.  As long as production costs don't kill it (and let's face it, they can get a cash influx from Marvel as an advertising expense), it's got a large enough built in fanbase that it's a win out of the gate.

It's a safe bet advertisers have been asking from the start just what their prices will be on that show.

My only worry is that it's going to go up against the new FOX sci fi show and kill it.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwxg534yAw

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwxg534yAw

That looks pretty good but it's got to be expensive to produce.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Whedon is part of Disney now...he no longer is his own master...
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

BAN HAMMER!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#47]
So.. they are doing a spin off tv show using the JV hero team staring grown up versions of the kids from kickass? Oh joy..
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh shit you are right, they now own his soul.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think so as well and I am a huge marvel fan. Though Ming-Na Wen is an absolutely terrible actress. There are so many ways they could have done this, but the execution just looks terrible. Like CSI with superpower

http://gigaom2.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/screen-shot-2011-02-22-at-2-40-37-pm-e1298414506819.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://gigaom2.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/screen-shot-2011-02-22-at-2-40-37-pm-e1298414506819.png

Cowboywestern space-penis.

Why you gotta post dirty pics in this thread?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top